• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Community Question Thread [v3.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening Message

Cinnabar

東京喰種
Retired Staff
Reaction score
otb.png

The Bulbagarden Community Questions

It is my great pleasure that I announce to you all that we will be keeping this thread open to everyone!
In this thread, a new question will be posted fortnightly, there is no specific theme or genre that questions relate to, they are all randomly created
and posted for anyone to answer. It is intended to be a fun and casual place to provide a unique experience unlike any other on the forums.

Now, without any further delay, we present to you the Bulbagarden Community Questions thread!
(02/23/20) 1. Do you have any goals or accomplishments this year? If so, what are they?
(03/11/20) 2. What are you looking forward to most this Spring?
(03/30/20) 3. If you could live in any fantasy world or universe, what kind would it be?
(04/23/20) 4. What are some weird fun facts that you've always wanted to share?
(05/01/20) 5. What is your most recent creation? (art, food, music, etc)
(05/08/20) 6. Do you have any interesting quotes or movie lines that you live by?
(05/28/20) 7. If you could invent something that hasn't been invented, what would it be?
(07/09/20) 8. If you could delete one annoying thing from existence, what would it be?
(07/23/20) 9. If you could travel back in time to re-do one thing in your life, what would it be?
(07/27/20) 10. If you were the owner of a company, what would it be, and how would you manage it?
Art by noworry

Last edited:
The question specifies "planned". You can't plan for things that already happened.

My current goals for this year are:

- Train for a 5k charity fun run I've been invited to take part in for May.
- Train for and earn my green belt in kickboxing in July.
- Finish one of my two cosplay projects in time for MCM London Comic Con at the end of May.

I guess that's all I got so far.

Glad to see this coming back!

As for my goals for the year, I made a little list at the beginning of the year because I found it helped me accomplish stuff last year, and I keep it at the front of my bullet journal so that I can always reference it and make note of when I've made some progress towards it.

• Reach level 99 in two skills in RuneScape. (Definitely going for Smithing on this one since I've got it at 93 at the time of me writing this post, and my other one will probably be Fishing, which is at 69 at the time of me writing this post.)
• Reach Silver I in League of Legends. (Might just take the plunge and go all the way to Gold IV so I can maybe finally quit this game like I've been trying to, but I'm currently sitting at Bronze II, so we'll see where the year takes me.)
• Read 10 books. (I'm nearly done with my first for the year, Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox, but I haven't been reading much that isn't fanfiction, which I'm not counting towards this, lately, so this may be easier said than done.)
• Watch 15 things from my watch list. (I made this list of a combination of TV shows, anime, and movies that were recommended to me, and I've been trying to make a dent in it. So far, I've only knocked off one, and that's Castle. Next one I'm planning on starting is Bleach, which I'll pick up at the beginning of March.)
• Take lunch to work at least once a week. (Trying to be a little bit better about not spending as much money on food while at work so I can have more to spend on me. It's easier said than done, but I like to think I've been doing a decent job.)
• Complete all projects (I made a list of projects, which is basically just little things that I want to do. May or may not actually commit to this completely, but this is one of the goals I won't be too bummed out about not completing at the end of the year.)

Three main things:
  • Lose the weight I gained this past year
  • Figure out if I want to stay in university (or science in general) or not. Finding an actual thing that makes me feel motivated and passionate about something for once in my life would be nice.
  • Find a hobby other than video games or sleeping

• Lose the weight I gained this past year
  • Figure out if I want to stay in university (or science in general) or not. Finding an actual thing that makes me feel motivated and passionate about something for once in my life would be nice.
  • Find a hobby other than video games or sleeping
With the exception of the first bullet point, I guess I can say I have similar goals, specially the last one. Then again, where I live there's not much to do, even though I love the place.

My goal for this year (which needs to happen ASAP) is finding a new job where I can work pain-free full time. With my chronic pain I can't handle my retail job anymore, and have cut down to only two days (which is way too much for me to be working and hurts so bad). It is limiting everything in my life, including my preparations to move and to go to grad school.

I only have a few small goals for this year:
1. Actually lose a decent amount of weight, for real this time. My dad and I have been going to the gym, and when summer comes, I'm hoping I'll actually be able to achieve this.
2. Watch more anime during the year and FINALLY get out of the burnout I've been stuck in since 2016.
3. Adding on to that, finish watching the Tokyo Mew Mew anime once and for all!
4. Expand on my reading and read more books.
5. Save more money from my job so I can have a sliver of a chance of moving out and living on my own.
6. Do more writing, and maybe finish MarJour, since I'm very close to the end. Of the first arc, that is.

I'm a simple person, I don't ask for much, but I hate stagnating so much, I'm always so bored, rarely a reason to get out of bed in the morning, getting a job will fix that is my hope, but I've been searching for over five years with little luck. This in turn negatively impacts my mental health, it's simply not healthy to stay cooped up at home all the time, I try to volunteer around, anything to get out of the house, and it helps and I make a difference. Striving to improve your mental health is something everyone should do even if they're already in a good head space.
I suppose I also want to learn to drive at some point, I've always been anxious and paranoid about it. But if I actually had someone to consistently teach and encourage me, I feel like I'd get there.

Question 002
─────────────────────────

The Question this Week:
What are you looking forward to most this Spring?

─────────────────────────​

The Question this Week:

Nothing much really, mostly because I live in a tropical country so I don't really know when Spring starts and ends, but also because the Chocolate Fair and the first Central American comic con might be cancelled in the mid of the COVID-19 pandemic.

So, yeah, my plans were screwed.

Warmer weather. 90% of the snow has melted too only old piles in parking lots remain.

The Question this Week:

hhh end of school, warm weather, going outside : D, the stuff after exams because we just have idk free time-

I mean Spring is still like 6 months away so I'm not really sure, the Carnival of Flowers my city holds every year is nice, lot of nice gardens and they do up the parks real nice

Warmer weather is the main one, though I'm not really gonna appreciate the allergies that are gonna come along with it. I can't think of much else, other than maybe being able to enjoy the outdoors a little more since it won't be ridiculously cold. I don't really have any concrete plans for the spring, unfortunately.

allergies

Finishing school next month. Not only will the stress from exams be gone, but I can also start working full time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom