• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat-Thread: Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Ryu was on. :(
Oh well. I'll go ask some friends if they want to battle.

Is Ryuu a competative battler? I'll battle you on Shoddy if you want (only UU or OU though).

so... I leave for practically a year and the same people are active in this thread?

dayum.

Yup. Except for Kite. She's gone. Also welcome back! (Assuming you won't be gone right after that post)

I'm too stubborn to get shoddy. And I'm not allowed to download things to my computer. I use my flashdrive for some downloads, but I hate using up space on it, since I also use it to hold some art. :|

So if I say I'm a 121.92 meter tall purple platypus bear with pink horns and silver wings, you'd believe me, just because I said so?

Scotland is no country, they just are able to compete as an apart being in the fifa world cup.

I'm too stubborn to get shoddy. And I'm not allowed to download things to my computer. I use my flashdrive for some downloads, but I hate using up space on it, since I also use it to hold some art. :|

d'awww. Also you could cheat-beat me by looking at my team in the RMT section (I just posted it there).

I can't battle using any specific tier.

I hate to agree with Mijzel, but you might just want to read that better:

Is Scotland a country?

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is the full name of the country. Scotland is a kingdom within the United Kingdom (UK), and forms part of Britain (the largest island) and Great Britain (which includes the Scottish islands).
As the UK has no written constitution in the usual sense, constitutional terminology is fraught with difficulties of interpretation and it is common usage nowadays to describe the four constituent parts of the UK (Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland) as “countries”.

It doesn't say it's a country, it says that "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" is a country and that Scotland, English, Wales, and Northern Ireland are only called countries but they aren't really. :V Reading comprehension goooo.

But this argument is stupid and pointless anyways.

I never bother with competitive battling. Barely even bother with normal battling these days.
Gen V pokémon have made me lose my passion for the series. I hope it returns :(

I just recently got Wi-fi working with my DS after 3 years, so I'm battling a lot. And yeah, Gen V is gonna be annoying.. so I'm getting Smugleaf and raping the world with him.

I find competitive battling stupid. Why spend hours grinding for EVs or breeding for IVs when it's just a game. It's made to have fun. If you really want to stare blankly at a screen go watch TV or something. >_> It's not like any of that is REALLY useful in the game itself anyways. Plus competitive battling makes it so people can say certain pokémon are better than others based purely on their usefulness in a competitive battle rather than what's really important, the connection with the pokémon.

Honestly, Karen in HGSS puts it best, "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." Or even better, use one you may not like and come to love it. My Beedrill in my FR Nuzlocke is a perfect example of that. Always preferred Butterfree over Beedrill because it's pretty-pretty-kira-kira, but I got a weedle in my nuzlocke run and he even made it to the E4. Died to Gary (Mother fucking) Oak's Venasaur though. :<

Tiers are a good thing. They give weaker pokémon a chance to shine too.

I find competitive battling stupid. Why spend hours grinding for EVs or breeding for IVs when it's just a game. It's made to have fun. If you really want to stare blankly at a screen go watch TV or something. >_> It's not like any of that is REALLY useful in the game itself anyways. Plus competitive battling makes it so people can say certain pokémon are better than others based purely on their usefulness in a competitive battle rather than what's really important, the connection with the pokémon.

Honestly, Karen in HGSS puts it best, "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." Or even better, use one you may not like and come to love it. My Beedrill in my FR Nuzlocke is a perfect example of that. Always preferred Butterfree over Beedrill because it's pretty-pretty-kira-kira, but I got a weedle in my nuzlocke run and he even made it to the E4. Died to Gary (Mother fucking) Oak's Venasaur though. :<

Or you can use Shoddy and not train. Plus I always try to use my favourite pokémon competatively, hence why Sceptile and Porygon2 are in my UU team.

If it's just a game why connect with your Pokemon? ;-)
But yeah. I get too attached to them. Whenever I start a new file, I always migrate my main team from my GBA games so I can keep them.

If it's just a game why connect with your Pokemon? ;-)
But yeah. I get too attached to them. Whenever I start a new file, I always migrate my main team from my GBA games so I can keep them.

Me too. Only I clone them first so that I can have my sweeties on both games ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom