• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat-Thread: Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calvin and Hobbes is the gold standard I always measure myself up to. Brilliantly written, but also beautifully illustrated. Watterson was a master.

@TFB: I second that. :D
Kind of hard to get sick of those lovely stories and pictures. I especially like the strips with Calvin's alter ego hero making an appearance. (Ah, the name... xP)

My brother also writes a little cartoon that's crudely drawn, but it's pretty good. He calls it "Bill and Muggsly," which centers around the titular characters, Bill (an anthropomorphic daschund) and Muggsly (an anthropomorphic pug). Bill is a level-headed guy with a very sarcastic sense of humor, and every time Muggsly is preparing to do something stupid, Bill doesn't stop him, prefering to make the pug learn the hard way. His character is clearly influenced a lot by Hobbes. Muggsly is a lazy idiot that loves to loaf and has way too much imagination, clearly influenced by Calvin. Both characters, like my brother and I, have a particular fondness for Green Day.

I actually copied C&H so closely in high school that I try to make my stuff NOT look like C&H, and it's hard. Imagine that...

Nowadays my style seems a little closer to stuff like Penny Arcade and PvP, as well as Ken Sugimori's drawings.

Aww, I know you'll be taking it easy but I do hope you get better soon. Being sick sucks. At least it sounds like you got all the fun stuff done last week from your little trip to Parliament.

Thanks (same to the others who wished me well). Anyway, awesome that you remembered about that trip I told you about xD

Thanks (same to the others who wished me well). Anyway, awesome that you remembered about that trip I told you about xD

Get on TV again! Throw a Slushie at a politician or something!

Then flip off the camera and say "Hi mom!"

I am such a good influence for kids.

TFB: I like the last comic you did. even though there still isn't any full nudity...

TFB: I like the last comic you did. even though there still isn't any full nudity...

I would send you the links to the nude Lila's I've posted, but DeviantART is... down... for some reason... Lame.

Wow that was actually really funny :D

I also really like your style of art

Thanks, and thanks.

Dude, is that thing in your sig from the "Sledgehammer" music video?

'Ello, 'ello, 'ello. Top 'o the mornin' to ya.

No idea why I'm channeling Dick Van Dyke's character from Mary Poppins...

You all just want me to draw moar Lila boobies...

Comics are a lot more work than the stand-alone pictures I've been drawing. It's a lot of drawings, which all have to be colored, shaded, put into panels with borders, added dialogue... It's a job, lemme tell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom