• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can still improve upon the first version though, in different ways than new forms, etc. Platinum was quite a change, and a good one. But obviously, there isn't as much of a reason to be excited for them when they feature the same region and most of the same Pokemon, among other things.

Well, I think so, especially with speed of battle as I said, and the Distortion World and all that.

I think it's probably a good idea as well, it's a bit more refreshing.

Well, I think so, especially with speed of battle as I said, and the Distortion World and all that.

I think it's probably a good idea as well, it's a bit more refreshing.
And I agree, Platinum improved an aspects on D/P, and it'd be hard to deny that. I prefer Platinum to D/P anyday.

I've never tried the Battle Fronteir.

I like the concept of sequels now, I hope GF continues to do that sort of thing instead of third versions.

They're basically just third versions with a different plot though.

I wouldn't exactly call that major changes.

Not really.

It didn't really have to be though. The pieces were already in place, all it had to do, was to put it together. DP didn't do it well, but with Platinum's general improvements all over the place, it completes the game. The regional dex, the faster battles (and surfing) and improving Galactic (mostly related to things like lv. 37 Wurmple and the like, but the Distortion World helps as well) was the most needed changes.

The most major, and visible change is the regional dex. Platinum has (pre BW2, at least, haven't played those) the best regional dex, and that helps immensely on my opinion on the game. DP can't compare at all, it's a major change.

In my opinion, most of RS' problems are present in Emerald as well, and that's why I view it as a "worse" third version, since it doesn't fix the problems.

The same applies can apply to HGSS as well. Disappointing, actually, and that's coming from someone who thinks gen II is the best gen.

It didn't really have to be though. The pieces were already in place, all it had to do, was to put it together. DP didn't do it well, but with Platinum's general improvements all over the place, it completes the game. The regional dex, the faster battles (and surfing) and improving Galactic (mostly related to things like lv. 37 Wurmple and the like, but the Distortion World helps as well) was the most needed changes.

The most major, and visible change is the regional dex. Platinum has (pre BW2, at least, haven't played those) the best regional dex, and that helps immensely on my opinion on the game. DP can't compare at all, it's a major change.

I still don't think it's a major change at all. It's still the same region, same pokémon, same characters and same plot. If you get excited for that, be my guest. Personally I can't get excited for an exact copy of something I already played, even if they add some improvements.

I still don't think it's a major change at all. It's still the same region, same pokémon, same characters and same plot. If you get excited for that, be my guest. Personally I can't get excited for an exact copy of something I already played, even if they add some improvements.

Well, people play differently, and my way of playing the game influences my view on it. I'd like to stress that in game pokémon selection is absolutely crucial for me, having a large regional dex not only gives you the ability to form a wider team with more interesting pokémon, but also enables other trainers to use different pokémon and makes you meet more different wild pokémon, and that adds a lot of variation to the game, and makes it better.

You might say if there's one thing I'm looking forward to with BW2, it's the regional dex. A lot of my other expectations were not met, so I think that's going to color a lot of my impression of the game, but the good part this time is that I have actually got someone to play the game with. Three actually, and that's bound to make it more enjoyable regardless.

Most relevant gif you'll see today

JXaMW.gif

Oh, hey, I'm quite late to respond XD Oh, and you have Black 2? I still have to get mine XD

Enjoy your Pokemon games :3

Of the two games, I'm planning to get White 2, since I played Black version. (Or at least given that the dex keeps most of the dex exclusives remain constant from B/W to their sequels.)

Yeah, have fun everybody :D

I'm going to get White 2 myself, when I go home for fall break on Thursday. I just like the version-exclusive Pokemon more than in Black 2 (except that Heracross is in Black 2 :< I might transfer one of those).

Hiya, I'm doing alright, I just woke up and I'm about to write a short essay before class. How are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom