• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, oh great XD

Rurouni Kenshin :) I never read the manga but I've heard it was better than the anime, and I loved watching the anime when it was on Toonami when I was a kid.

It's set in Meiji Era Japan, so it's a little bit of a historical anime, but obviously it isn't super realistic as some of the sword techniques they perform are a bit ridiculous XD

It's about Kenshin Himura, who used to be an Imperialist Assassin. He swears that he will never kill again after some unexplained event happened to him (but if you watch the Trust and Betrayal OVA, it is explained). Anyway, he's a wanderer now, and he eventually settles down at this swordsmanship school and finds friends and whatnot :p while his former enemies from the civil war are all trying to kill him. It's a good series, Shishio Makoto is a really cool villain too.

Aggh I'm pretty lost in Pokemon Mansion on my FireRed right now. That place always confused me.

Hey guys, I have an inquiry.

Why does Magikarp have "Magik" in it's name if it's not a psychic type?

Thankies in advance for the responses.

Because it's magic is unfathomable to man.

Also, today some Christian came to advert something in the break in one of lectures. What they wanted was for some non-Christians to come to some thing. At the end, I was really left pretty blank

Anyways, not that I really care about it much, but I do find it a bit fitting that they chose to come to the physics lecture to recruit non-Christians.

The sky is up.
Wittiest dolphin in the deep blue sea
Today's been a long day, with three classes and preparing for midterms @_@
Sounds long and hard xD
And I add to my list another anime or game I need to check out XD
here is my list of anime i plan to watch in the future:

Yeah, I hope so XD otherwise the list is just going to get longer, haha. I see, it's difficult to keep up with the story sometimes, especially when you're busy. I think I've missed several arcs in Fairy Tail, considering I haven't seen an episode in two years XD
I haven't watched any sort of anime in two years. I'm more into ordinary TV
Lol :p it's alright, I thought it was a fun series to watch :) I'm definitely not the best person to talk about anime with; I've only seen a few series all the way through '^^ but in my opinion it was good.
I saw all the original yugioh, kanto era pokemon, first two seasons of digimon.
augh, there are some more things I need to watch XD I haven't actually seen the Pokemon anime since mid-Johto, so I think I might just give up on that, haha. Or I could begin watching from the current arc I suppose, that'd be easier :p
Saw some of the current Pokemon anime not too long ago, now that I remember. Was very.. childish. Like, insanely childish.

BTW, can you possibly suggest some manga that I would be good to read?
Moonster, claymore (or is that just an anime?), Death Note.

or just watch The Sopranos, infinitely superior.
Aggh I'm pretty lost in Pokemon Mansion on my FireRed right now. That place always confused me.
Aw same, always spent longer than i wanted in there.
Hey guys, I have an inquiry.

Thankies in advance for the responses.
Magikarp are well known for the David Blaine-esque stunts.

well the whole "Magik" in the name magikarp could be an elaborate ruse to con people.

and would you rather the sky be down?

well the whole "Magik" in the name magikarp could be an elaborate ruse to con people.

and would you rather the sky be down?

I like to think the creators were being ironic.

If the sky was down would that mean ground is up? Fuck man. I'm too old for this shit

yep that would mean that we would fall upwards and hitting the ceiling.

to bring this back to normal scale, i'm not much of an anime follower myself. though i would like to get some candy corn next week. hell, i might even bake a cake sometime.

if there is one thing i would like to do, it would be to make pancakes from scratch [with the flour, water and all that stuff]. they used to taste so good back in the day.

yep that would mean that we would fall upwards and hitting the ceiling.

to bring this back to normal scale, i'm not much of an anime follower myself. though i would like to get some candy corn next week. hell, i might even bake a cake sometime.

if there is one thing i would like to do, it would be to make pancakes from scratch [with the flour, water and all that stuff]. they used to taste so good back in the day.
Wouldn't you be hitting the floor, since its upside down? :p

nah, i'm more into my HBO dramas. Give me Boardwalk Empire over Dinosaur Ninja Schoolgirls

I'm not really a pancake person. because that would be ridiculous. Couldn't just be walking around made out of pancakes.

Don't harpoon me for this, but I think Curb Your Enthusiasm is HBO's best show.

It takes a while, trust me, but it grows on you. I used to think it was boring as hell but now I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom