• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate tooth aches >.> Last time I had one the dentist told me I needed to get some teeth taken out.

Oh that's just awful! My mum says I have a tiny hole at the top of one of my teeth. I have an appointment on Thursday, and I should ok til then. It's not that bad, but it's definitely gonna get worse.
Well he explained that it was because my mouth is overcrowded and there is simply not enough room for them, so I can understand why. He said that its hard to clean my very back teeth, so they's eventually get cavities( had one small one already) and my wisdom teeth out, not a whole lot of fun but I understand the reasoning of why he wants me to get them removed.
I had to get four teeth removed when I was 11 or so, I know how it feels. I had a very bad cavity when I was younger, lost basically half the tooth. I had to get it operated on recently, it's totally fine now. Can you get the dental care easily?

Yeah, I keep forgetting to call to get an appointment because Im a super huge wimp about any kind of tooth removal ^^;

Haha, I know that fear. They give you anaesthetic, I think I got three to completely numb the side of mouth, them extract it. You only feel pressure on your tooth as it comes out. And there's a bit of blood, but it's not too bad.

*wonders how long Haxy last checked with a dentist*

Maybe I should care even more for dental care.

Speaking of dental care, I've heard that there's a punny song named "Dental Care".

...Actually, I was listening to it just now.

The dentist isn't bad, unless you have a crappy one. But, I might just be used to them since my braces gave me about 6 or 7 cavities within a year of having them removed, so I went there a lot. Rotted away the teeth underneath the anchors. :(

Dentist: "Don't put sharp metal objects in your mouth."

They say it as they stab your gums with a sharp metal object o_O

I've never had a problem with the dentist. I always deny fluoride treatments though :p they make you pay like $50 for one, it's insane.

I've never had a problem with the dentist. I always deny fluoride treatments though :p they make you pay like $50 for one, it's insane.

God I hate the healthcare in America. That cost is just insane! How do they even justify it? Are they gonna suddenly run out of fluoride, and it's first come first serve? I feel so secure in the uk with the NHS, I can go to the hospital, as I will on Monday, I can get my treatment and the only cost is getting there, and you can often claim that back.

........ you have weird dentists if they charge $50 for it. Mine throws it in as a part of the cleaning.

I don't know if it's really 50, but it's pretty darn expensive.

Also it's not a question of healthcare; that just happens to be the rate for the dentist my family goes to. He's becoming more and more expensive to go to, so we're looking at switching. Nothing to do with healthcare, although my family's insurance does pay for most of the treatments.

Even if our insurance didn't pay for everything during a normal visit (hooray military benefits!), the dentist still wouldn't charge extra for silly stuff like that.

I'm not sure how much extra we have to pay for the dentist, but I know our insurance covers a lot. I have braces now though, and those cost so much...

...Yeah. It's not fun. I have to wear them for another year before I get to take them off... But I'm kind of used to them now, sadly.

I never had braces before, but I thought it's not a bad idea for me to have one (though it's probably too late for me at this point) since one tooth is slightly misaligned. Still, not too necessary.

...Yeah. It's not fun. I have to wear them for another year before I get to take them off... But I'm kind of used to them now, sadly.

I heard that having braces make eating certain things difficult, such as green veggies. My sister had them at one time, so it could be troublesome for you too, right?

Thanks for reading.

Holy jesuscakes, Christmas is so soon! I'm actually excited for it this year! I'm getting a stereo and 14 CDs, they've all came but they are yet to be wrapped. I've bought and wrapped my parents gifts, got my mum a spice rack with 8 spice jars and got my dad a 90s 3 CD dance mix and a hardback on WW1 photos. I think they'll both be happy. My brother is getting an iPad, that's all he wants. Can't wait to open presents :D

I heard that having braces make eating certain things difficult, such as green veggies. My sister had them at one time, so it could be troublesome for you too, right?
Well, yeah, technically you're not supposed to chew gum or eat certain foods (candy and other crunchy things, for example) when you have braces on. But I do it anyway, and nothing's happened yet. ^^; It's not really a problem for me if I eat vegetables...we're vegetarian, so it's kind of hard not to eat green veggies at our house. :p
The only time it actually hurts to eat for me is the day after the braces get tightened, which comes every two months or so. So besides those days, it's not too bad, after you get used to the feeling of always having something in your mouth. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom