• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else looking forward to Olympic Pokemon Battling? It starts tomorrow with NU singles. I think everyone's really looking forward to Japan's dream team of Shigeru Miyamoto and Junichi Masuda fighting in OU doubles. They really tore it up during qualifiers.

Idk man, USA has Reggie Fils in UU singles and thats an automatic Gold for us.

but what rules would apply vgc or smogon? I would say vgc because they are official.

Probably VGC, some site should host the Pokemon Olympics. Like Pokeathelon, Battling, ect...

but what rules would apply vgc or smogon? I would say vgc because they are official.

The IOC has chosen a mixture of the two. Their goal is to keep it as exciting as possible, so they've also banned toxic, and pokemon with base defense or special defense over 100 are banned. The result is matches lasting about 2 minutes each with teams comprised almost entirely of sweepers.

I can't wait for the winter games though. I'm guessing hail stall will be playing an important role.

For the winter they set hail as a permanent condition on the field and ban all other weather conditions, so yes probably.

Oh hey, let's battle pokém ... Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Ice Body Blizzard Snow Cloak Blizzard Blizzard.

Yup, gonna be fun. Everyone is either a skier or a boarder for the occasion.

[video=youtube;YpmN5b4FfeM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpmN5b4FfeM[/video]

I love this music.

Soon applying for courses in the upcoming semester starts. Woot.

which sport do you watch or do you watch anything. But south korea is really doing well on the olymics aren't they
On the top of my head now, so far I watched judo, fencing, table tennis, badminton, gymnastics and archery. Oh and swimming as well.
While there were some frustrating moments in fencing, so far South Korea team is doing well. 7th consecutive win for women's archery team. Football team is doing fine. Hope they can make it to quarterfinals. Hope they can get a medal this time o.o

My brother got a live Olympics app on his iPhone, so I'm going to be mooching it off of him a lot over the next few weeks.

I have no schedule in particular planned for it, I'm just going to pop in at random times and go "hey bro can I see your phone 'kay thanks mate".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom