• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really should study my trees for Dendrology lab :/

I know, I know :/ it's kind of fun though, I like studying plants and trees.

Nah, stock knowledge and gut instinct.

Amazingly, sometimes a person can get higher scores by not studying. At least...that's how it is for me. Depends, really. Sometimes reviewing just clouds the mind with unnecessary data.

Reviewing notes before you go to bed works for me.

I handwrite my notes.

Also hello.

This afternoon my dad and I did a favour for a co-worker of his. We visited her family. The person I liked seeing best was her grandmother.

My dad's co-worker is 57. Her grandma (her mother's mother) is 105 - the oldest person I know, and probably among the oldest people in my area. She's a great-grandmother and a great-great-grandmother. The old woman was born in Italy. She still speaks English but a lot of the time she speaks Italian. She can hold a conversation somewhat, but can't walk without the use of a walker. And she has practically no real teeth. Two of her four kids are dead - her older daughter (the co-worker's mum) died this year, and she was due to turn 85! Imagine that, being 84 and still dying before your mum. Of course, the grandma was married very young; she was only 16 (hey, it was a long time ago). She once showed me her wedding picture. The picture is faded, but I can still tell that she was extremely beautiful as a young woman.

Also there was the co-worker's daughter, who is 31, and the daughter's two little kids.

It seems weird to know someone that old. Don't you agree?

Very. But it's amazing in its own way.

But wow. It's a bit of a shock to remember that people used to marry young. 16. Wow.

I remembered when it was just about the physical relationship.

Good times.

16 is pretty young to be marrying, haha. My mom and dad are 6 years apart though, when they started dating he was 25 and she was 19. I always thought that was kinda weird :p

@Slenderman; I spent 4 hours on Saturday watching the Marblehornets Slenderman videos and now you're kind of scaring me idk

I was for Murray just because he doesn't jump around and scream every time he scores >.>

Yeah, but he does that grunting thing :/

The latin names of some of these trees are insane! :l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom