• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will always play the games as they want, I don't really care. My point is that you really can't know shit, and really being paranoid of not getting "legitimate" pokémon (even though, data-wise, they're really no different from any other pokémon) shouldn't stop you from taking fully advantage of the games features.

Some people are really bothered by having hacked Pokemon that they don't know are hacked ( @Jolene;). It's not like they can help being bothered by it. Hackers need to be respectful of those people and not shove their hacked Pokemon down the throats of wonder trade users, and of course some of them won't be, which nothing can really be done about.

If you're going to wonder trade a hacked Pokemon at least give some marker that it's hacked. The only marker you can really give is changing the nickname, though, huh?

People will always play the games as they want, I don't really care. My point is that you really can't know shit, and really being paranoid of not getting "legitimate" pokémon (even though, data-wise, they're really no different from any other pokémon) shouldn't stop you from taking fully advantage of the games features.

Some people are really bothered by having hacked Pokemon that they don't know are hacked ( @Jolene;). It's not like they can help being bothered by it. Hackers need to be respectful of those people and not shove their hacked Pokemon down the throats of wonder trade users, and of course some of them won't be, which nothing can really be done about.

If you're going to wonder trade a hacked Pokemon at least give some marker that it's hacked. The only marker you can really give is changing the nickname, though, huh?

Isn't that what that little blue shape under the Pokemon's model in its Summary is for?

To be fair, I highly doubt someone would give away a perfectly-bred, perfectly-raised, perfectly-trained Pokemon on Wonder Trade.

Wondertrade is a pretty good way to get rid of leftover breeding material though. Getting pokemiles for Rare Candies can make training much easier. Trading away 4 IV mons certainly isn't far-fetched.

Of course, that's not 6 IV pokémon, but honestly, why would anyone go to the effort of pokegenning something en masse, trading it over via pokebank and then wondertrading it away? I just don't see it ... like at all. Some, sure, but it would probably make up a minuscule to small amount of all pokémon traded. Most likely you'd get leftovers from breeding/shitmons.

I don't get the butthurt about battling either, to be honest. Again, I don't hack or anything, and breeding for good IVs is easy in XY, but complaining about them not using as much time as you is pretty weak if you ask me. As long as it's not "illegal" (ala wondertomb), then I don't see the problem in using it online, as breeding does not demonstrate any skill at all.

I think you're misunderstanding what I said there. I don't really care whether or not the mons I get are hacked or not. I was asking a legitimate question in response to the people who are worrying about hacked mons.

Wonky moveset mostly. Shiny plus perfect IVs is also suspect (though just good IVs in XY is not really enough). Of course, there's trash bytes and so on, but those aren't visible. A good hack is, at least visibly, no different from any other pokémon, though it probably has good IVs and/or shiny.

Some people are really bothered by having hacked Pokemon that they don't know are hacked

This is exactly the paranoia I'm talking about! Might as well stop playing the game if this is what it's reduced to. If the hack is indistinguishable from a regular pokémon, and you don't know it's hacked, what's the harm? Please, do explain?

Isn't that what that little blue shape under the Pokemon's model in its Summary is for?
I don't know what it is, myself. Even if it is some sort of "legitimacy marker", it's probably entirely possible to hack a Pokemon that retains the marker. Not that I'm an expert on the subject...

This is exactly the paranoia I'm talking about! Might as well stop playing the game if this is what it's reduced to. If the hack is indistinguishable from a regular pokémon, and you don't know it's hacked, what's the harm? Please, do explain?
I don't really care either, but I don't understand why being bothered by it is so amazingly stupid. "Might as well stop playing the game" is a ridiculous thing to say. We're talking about people being worried about getting hacked Pokemon they didn't know were hacked, the paranoia about whether or not something is hacked doesn't exist when you're just playing the game without trading with people you don't know/trust.

Last edited:
I don't know what it is, myself. Even if it is some sort of "legitimacy marker", it's probably entirely possible to hack a Pokemon that retains the marker. Not that I'm an expert on the subject...

That will probably happen eventually. The little marker thing I think means that it was obtained in Kalos.

In any case Id just like to know what Im getting is really all. I dont really see that as such a bad thing, I am not opposed to trading or anything of the sort. To be fair I still might do some wonder trading, but it will be rare. I have boxes of Hoppip left over from hatching a shiny that Id rather not just release since I view that as a waste, especially given that many have their Hidden Ability. Im sure someone else would find a use for them. Its just too perfect a feature for dumping off everything you dont want or need ^^;

Last edited:
How can you even tell if the Pokemon you get is hacked or not, aside from having a real screwy moveset? For all I know, all the mons I got traded could be hacked and I'd have no clue.
Not my problem. I don't care if they are hacked or not. If you want to lose sleep over whether data in a corruptible video game are generated legitimately or not, be my guest.

I think you're misunderstanding what I said there. I don't really care whether or not the mons I get are hacked or not. I was asking a legitimate question in response to the people who are worrying about hacked mons.
I understood perfectly. The people who worry about getting hacks need to calm down. It's not going to destroy your game.

Wondertrade is a pretty good way to get rid of leftover breeding material though. Getting pokemiles for Rare Candies can make training much easier. Trading away 4 IV mons certainly isn't far-fetched.

Of course, that's not 6 IV pokémon, but honestly, why would anyone go to the effort of pokegenning something en masse, trading it over via pokebank and then wondertrading it away? I just don't see it ... like at all. Some, sure, but it would probably make up a minuscule to small amount of all pokémon traded. Most likely you'd get leftovers from breeding/shitmons.

I don't get the butthurt about battling either, to be honest. Again, I don't hack or anything, and breeding for good IVs is easy in XY, but complaining about them not using as much time as you is pretty weak if you ask me. As long as it's not "illegal" (ala wondertomb), then I don't see the problem in using it online, as breeding does not demonstrate any skill at all.

Yeah, I guess breeding left-overs are feasible, you're right on that. As for trading away hacked Pokemon, they're not being made just to be traded away. Maybe whoever made them dicked around with them on wi-fi and then decided that they didn't want it any more for some reason. Anyway, I get what you're saying about people's attitudes toward hacking in general. All PokeGen is (to differentiate from stupid stuff like WonderTomb), is a way to speed up the inevitable. But breeding for IVs and EV-training and what-not is certainly more enjoyable than grinding out batch after batch of eggs and crossing your fingers in hopes of a shiny. The way I see it is that PokeGen is either helpful or lazy, depending on the context.

I understood perfectly. The people who worry about getting hacks need to calm down. It's not going to destroy your game.
What's so bad about only wanting legitimately created Pokemon in your game? I don't care if I have a few hacked 'Mons either, but it bothers some people, what's the big deal about that? They can't help being bothered by it.

Its fine really, I'll continue catching, breeding and raising my own Pokemon. Speaking of that, Ive never even used Super Training. Is it fun? I didnt need to use it in game but I would like to try it.
It's fun at first, but it becomes tedious. Power Items + Hordes is a much more efficient method of EV training.

Its fine really, I'll continue catching, breeding and raising my own Pokemon.
No Brenna, you have to suck it up and use Wonder Trade. You're not allowed to be bothered by having hacks in your game, it's stupid and you should feel terrible about it. You're a terrible person.

(*sarcasm marker for all those who need it*)

Speaking of that, Ive never even used Super Training. Is it fun? I didnt need to use it in game but I would like to try it.
It's sorta fun, but not as quick as normal EV training. Go for it if you want.

Super Training is always my route for EV training. If you're really focused on it, it'll probably take you an hour and a half at most to completely finish EV training a specific Pokemon. Maybe two hours if it ends up being that long, but no more than that. Never really found it that big of a deal, because I found it a hell of a lot more efficient than just EV training via wild Pokemon.

Its fine really, I'll continue catching, breeding and raising my own Pokemon. Speaking of that, Ive never even used Super Training. Is it fun? I didnt need to use it in game but I would like to try it.
It's fun at first, but it becomes tedious. Power Items + Hordes is a much more efficient method of EV training.

Yup. I hated grinding for those power items at first, but man it was so worth it.

Super Training is always my route for EV training. If you're really focused on it, it'll probably take you an hour and a half at most to completely finish EV training a specific Pokemon. Maybe two hours if it ends up being that long, but no more than that. Never really found it that big of a deal, because I found it a hell of a lot more efficient than just EV training via wild Pokemon.

It's pretty much a fact that EV training against hordes with power items, Pokerus, EXP. Share etc is more efficient than Super Training. You could remove one or two of those variables and it would still stay a fact. However, you always have access to super training while you don't necessarily have any of the other things I mentioned (save EXP Share) until later in the game. In a scenario like that, I don't think super training is too inferior in terms of efficiency. I used super training exclusively myself until I was almost to the Elite Four. It's also fairly fun, as was mentioned by various other people before.

With that said, I'm curious when during the game you were doing this EV training. Not trying to bash super training, I do enjoy its existence.

Also, unrelated, but:

P1000343_zps54cedd1b.jpg~original

First picture of them all in one place. I am insane. Sorry that I keep bragging about them... >w>

My Stunfisk slippers, a squid plush, a Shy Guy plush, and a Waddle Dee plush are absent from the picture. I'll also be getting a Swirlix plush shortly.

I can't put my plushies in one place. @_@

I can't put my plushies in one place. @_@

Don't you have like 80-somefin plushies or some other ridiculously amazing number.
593.gif

Also, I seem to have failed to put poor Tynamo in the picture. Poor girl. To make up for it, she gets the first snow pic.

P1000359_zps1e72b39c.jpg~original

It's pretty much a fact that EV training against hordes with power items, Pokerus, EXP. Share etc is more efficient than Super Training. You could remove one or two of those variables and it would still stay a fact. However, you always have access to super training while you don't necessarily have any of the other things I mentioned (save EXP Share) until later in the game. In a scenario like that, I don't think super training is too inferior in terms of efficiency. I used super training exclusively myself until I was almost to the Elite Four. It's also fairly fun, as was mentioned by various other people before.

With that said, I'm curious when during the game you were doing this EV training. Not trying to bash super training, I do enjoy its existence.

I...actually didn't really get into Super Training much up until the middle of the game, I think? I understand why, ultimately, that EV training via hordes and Pokerus might be easier in the long run, but Super Training, for me, is just more easily accessible and I feel like I wouldn't have to run around grass everytime waiting for a specific horde to show up, when I just pump my pokes full of +12s in a certain stat and make it easier that way. That's how I saw it, I guess, though please do correct me if horde EV training really is, in fact, easier because I've never really tried it myself. .___.;

I...actually didn't really get into Super Training much up until the middle of the game, I think? I understand why, ultimately, that EV training via hordes and Pokerus might be easier in the long run, but Super Training, for me, is just more easily accessible and I feel like I wouldn't have to run around grass everytime waiting for a specific horde to show up, when I just pump my pokes full of +12s in a certain stat and make it easier that way. That's how I saw it, I guess, though please do correct me if horde EV training really is, in fact, easier because I've never really tried it myself. .___.;

You know you can just catch a Pokemon that can learn Sweet Scent and use that to automatically make horde mons appear. :3 That way you don't have to run around in the grass all day waiting for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom