• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not that much intp American football. I don't know a single rule about it, and I've only watched one game in a satelite channel in some cafe.

Call it whatever you want, but: Association football is the formal term. Both football and soccer are derived from that, and are therefore valid "nicknames" for the sport. Neither is wrong or right. :p

Your mistaking me for someone who gives a shit for other countries nicknames for football. >:~D

Wow, how can "soccer" come out from "association"? The C's are pronounced different.

Oh, just because I never go to the stadium, the money is not an issue here. It's just a waste of time.

They get paid too much to kick a fucking ball on some grass! The fuckers.

I can think of quite a bit worse than a couple of football players getting payed more than they deserve.

Apparently it seems I haven't posted in some weeks. BMGf is obviously not content with my plan to lower my post/day ratio.

I can think of quite a bit worse than a couple of football players getting payed more than they deserve.

Apparently it seems I haven't posted in some weeks. BMGf is obviously not content with my plan to lower my post/day ratio.

But its ridiculous hoe much they get paid you have to agree with that.

They get paid too much for the work that they do. However, the pay they get is down to how much they are worth, they are an asset for the football club, so they have a very special interest in keeping their team happy. An unhappy player isn't going to perform as well as a well paid, happy footballer.

Still ridiculous for what they do, soldiers don't even get paid what they earn in a week.

They get paid too much for the work that they do. However, the pay they get is down to how much they are worth, they are an asset for the football club, so they have a very special interest in keeping their team happy. An unhappy player isn't going to perform as well as a well paid, happy footballer.

Not really. It is fair considering they have spent years honing and training through injuries which they don't get compensation like normal people to get to where they are. It is really one of the hardest careers to get in and stay in. I mean if you can get $3m for 3 years and then injury kills off your career then you have no other set skills and just that money, how are you going to survive on that especially with a lack of a good retirement package. These people are young and have then find a way to survive several years because they have no other set skills. If I get laid off one company I can get another or using my skills go into a separate industry but these guys can't. Once a big injury happens, you are done.

Considering how many years of unpaid work, forking over money and such, I think they are paid accordingly but I feel like some smaller, lesser known athletes could be paid a tad more.

Not really. It is fair considering they have spent years honing and training through injuries which they don't get compensation like normal people to get to where they are. It is really one of the hardest careers to get in and stay in. I mean if you can get $3m for 3 years and then injury kills off your career then you have no other set skills and just that money, how are you going to survive on that especially with a lack of a good retirement package. These people are young and have then find a way to survive several years because they have no other set skills. If I get laid off one company I can get another or using my skills go into a separate industry but these guys can't. Once a big injury happens, you are done.

Considering how many years of unpaid work, forking over money and such, I think they are paid accordingly but I feel like some smaller, lesser known athletes could be paid a tad more.

Hi Lyrebird =)

i dont really watch that much of sports. just NASCAR and the Ohio State VS Michigan football games. ill probily watch the winter olympics up until the first political comment is said.

Europe got Bank before America. Normally I'd be mad, but they're obviously saving the best for last.

Europe got Bank before America. Normally I'd be mad, but they're obviously saving the best for last.

I loved my sisters reaction to its release, even though we don't have the games XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom