• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who needs love when you have shit loads of cash!!!

This, I have to admit is flawed logic. You can have all the cash in the world, but you need friends, at the very least. If you don't, you'll be depressed no matter how many fancy psychologists you can hire.

But he was making a killing!! I don't understand!!!!!!!!!

He didn't want to create an app where user-identifiable information was harvested for the NSA/GCHQ/etc.

When did he say that?

Read between the lines. It's well known that every mobile game of note tracks your information and is used by these so called security agencies to spy on you. Why else would someone so young give up the wealth generated? It's because to continue to do so would violate peoples right to privacy, and clearly his nobility is worth more than his income.

Wow, it was such a popular game and so much contoversy came along with it... I have not really tried it, was it any good? This thread has mixed opinions, as far as I see.

Read between the lines. It's well known that every mobile game of note tracks your information and is used by these so called security agencies to spy on you. Why else would someone so young give up the wealth generated? It's because to continue to do so would violate peoples right to privacy, and clearly his nobility is worth more than his income.
You mean like angry birds ang google maps aswell?

You mean like angry birds ang google maps aswell?

Of course those two.

Now I know that Google and Apple just don't give a damn anymore about hiding their intentions, but I find this to be a bit too paranoid. There is nothing to indicate this at all.

Then again, the only apps I have installed is a graphing tool, a ticket app for the bus and a SNES emulator, which I've used twice or something. Playing games on a phone just feels ... cheap.

Actually it was in the news the other day.

What? That some apps have backdoors? I know that. My point was there was no evidence whatsoever for the conclusion that it was withdrawn based on such an assumption, at least as far as I've seen.

Which is what I've said I know already. However, jumping to the conclusion that this is why he pulled it is stupid. There's no evidence.

Which is what I've said I know already. However, jumping to the conclusion that this is why he pulled it is stupid. There's no evidence.

I posted that just in case you wanted the details, I don't think he took it down over personal information being leaked.
All we know is that he "couldn't take it anymore".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom