• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Notice The Cat Returns

Reaction score
And today, we say welcome, to the newest member of the moderating team, someone who's made a big impact in their limited time here. For a cat, they're pretty altruistic: unrepentantAuthor!

unrepentantAuthor's done a lot for the community in the short time since their return, helping to judge last Summer's Awards, dropping in to give help and advice in The Written Word, and adding to our archive of stories with their own Different Eyes. We're all looking forward to working with them in the coming months. Keep an eye out for new activity here in the Workshop, now we have an extra set of paws to help out.

@unrepentantAuthor Speech! Speech! Peer pressure! Peer pressure!

Seriously though, I've been here about a week, and even I know you were the obvious choice. At least to me, that is. There have been very few members of the forum that were as welcoming as you, and you're one of the reasons I'm still hanging around. Couldn't think of someone more suited to the job. I would accept a ban from you anyday, good sir.

Is UA the Baron from Whisper of the Heart and The Cat Returns now? In addition to being Samurai Jack? Damn, I wish I was that cool. Also watch those two Ghibli films if you haven't already, love those Ghibli movies.

Anyways congrats on modhood, don't know what other really bad jokes I can make to accompany this.

@Beth Pavell, @Snuggle Tier List, @Ryoma Maser, @Juliko, @Cresselia92 — thank you all very much for your kind words.

I'm still in the process of doing my "required reading" and getting trained up, but I'm excited to do more for the section as a mod. More than that, I'm honoured that I've not only been invited to this position, but that my peers in this community so enthusiastically support this change. Your posts give me confidence, tempered with humility. I'll certainly do my best to match your expectations, keep doing what I've been doing to earn your respect, and to do my job with unimpeachable conduct.

Many thanks again, and take care, all of you!

Edit: forgot to say, and this isn't really important, but I have seen The Cat Returns and I actually used the Baron's persona as a partial inspiration for an RPG character of mine. So there you are. I'm cool enough to be Baron von Gikkingen and Samurai Jack. ;3

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom