• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters The Characters in Pokémon Masters

Reaction score
As shown in the trailers, notable trainers from across different Pokémon games will be appearing in Pokémon Masters, each one of them in what the game calls a “Sync Pair” with one of their trusty Pokémon. Which trainers confirmed to be in the game are you excited to bring into your team? Are there any trainers that haven’t been shown in the trailers you’d like to see make it into the game? Do you have any thoughts about which Pokémon a certain trainer should have in their sync pair? Discuss your character-related thoughts here!

Falkner is my top wish to see in Pokemon Masters as my favorite human character from the games! At least... I don't remember seeing him in any trailers yet. If he gets into the game, I'd like to see him use Hoothoot or Noctowl. He didn't really use those in his gym battle, but Pidgeot is already in with Blue so I don't think giving Falkner a Pokemon from that line would be that great. Noctowl was on his team in some rematches and stuff and it is a Johto native Pokemon, so I think it'd be a great fit.

Confirmed: Kris and Silver. Good luck getting both.

Unconfirmed: Green and Eusine. It would be nice if any of them were unlocked through the story.

Honestly glad that they ended up putting Norman in and from what I've managed to see and got told, he's been portrayed in a very positive light. Which I'm incredibly thankful for, hopefully that means people will end up appreciating him more rather than shoving him to the side.

Now all I need is Volkner and I'm good lol.

I’m really glad to see Nanu/Alolan Persian, Acerola/Palossand, Roxie/Whirlipede, Cynthia/Garchomp, Brock/Onix, and Misty/Starmie make it into the game (of course those last three were pretty much givens). I’d also like to see trainers like Olivia, Hala, Guzma, Cyrus, Fantina, and Pyramid King Brandon make it in as well. Olivia I could see paired with Midnight Lycanroc or even Probopass. Hala I’d like to see in a Sync Pair with Hariyama, though it’s likely he could be paired with Crabominable instead. Guzma and Fantina of course would be paired with Golisopod and Drifblim respectively, and Cyrus could maybe be paired with his Weavile or Honchkrow. Since Gladion will likely have Silvally as his partner, I think it’s plausible for Brandon to show up with a frickin’ Regice or Registeel, which would be awesome. (His Dusclops would be fine too but that’s anime only.) Heck, I wouldn’t mind seeing Charon and a Rotom as a Sync Pair, myself. And Roark and Byron too, with Cranidos and Bastiodon respectively!

Quite a few pairs I might consider...Gladion/Silvally, Gardenia/Roserade, Drake/Salamence, Korrina/Lucario, etc...

For Lillie's possible sync partner, it could be Alolan Vulpix (nod to the anime), Clefairy, Ribombee or Comfey (What she used in USUM)

Oh yeah, Molayne is a trainer I also really wanna see featured, and it would be great if he can be paired with Klefki or Magnezone. I kinda hope he doesn’t get stuck with Alolan Dugtrio Sophocles would probably appear with Togedemaru...though Vikavolt would be pretty sweet. :p I’d also appreciate Bertha and Lucian appearing with either Hippowdon/Gliscor and Gallade, respectively.

I’m really glad to see Nanu/Alolan Persian, Acerola/Palossand, Roxie/Whirlipede, Cynthia/Garchomp, Brock/Onix, and Misty/Starmie make it into the game (of course those last three were pretty much givens). I’d also like to see trainers like Olivia, Hala, Guzma, Cyrus, Fantina, and Pyramid King Brandon make it in as well. Olivia I could see paired with Midnight Lycanroc or even Probopass. Hala I’d like to see in a Sync Pair with Hariyama, though it’s likely he could be paired with Crabominable instead. Guzma and Fantina of course would be paired with Golisopod and Drifblim respectively, and Cyrus could maybe be paired with his Weavile or Honchkrow. Since Gladion will likely have Silvally as his partner, I think it’s plausible for Brandon to show up with a frickin’ Regice or Registeel, which would be awesome. (His Dusclops would be fine too but that’s anime only.) Heck, I wouldn’t mind seeing Charon and a Rotom as a Sync Pair, myself. And Roark and Byron too, with Cranidos and Bastiodon respectively!

Olivia is in the game already and she has Midnight Lycanrock.

Mina is pretty funny in this game. I didn't remember her acting that way in Alola; if that was the intent, the writing was off.

Last edited:
A couple of my wishes:

1. Malva. Bonus points if she's part of either Calem or Serena's Evolution Sync Pair Stories.

2. Buck. I wanna see him and his brother officially interact and duke it out.

3. Burgh/Drayden/Lenora. Then we'll have all of the Unova Gym Leaders on Pasio.

Speaking of Unova Gym Leaders, Roxie also got in with her Whirlipede - and I don’t know who her voice actor is, but she did an AWESOME job.

I am so unbelievably hyped that they actually put Roxie in from the start and made her a 4-star, and gave her a fantastic voice. like, they didn't have to do that for me, but they did. god bless 'em.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom