• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters The Characters in Pokémon Masters

They seem to prefer designs from remakes (mostly FRLG in Kanto's case).

I wouldn't bet on more villains since there are already three teams in this game. Gym leaders and such don't require much of a story, but villains shouldn't lack any context. I guess Hoopa could just teleport them (which is pretty much what happened in USUM), but eh.

Dawn,Elesa and Skyla better make it in.
They seem to prefer designs from remakes (mostly FRLG in Kanto's case).

I wouldn't bet on more villains since there are already three teams in this game. Gym leaders and such don't require much of a story, but villains shouldn't lack any context. I guess Hoopa could just teleport them (which is pretty much what happened in USUM), but eh.
Do't the remakes overwrite the canon so it is like the original games don't exist? I thought I saw someone say it once.

The mere fact that May, Dawn and Serena are all suspiciously absent so far whereas other female leads are in is pretty telling. Most gacha games purposely hold back popular characters for special events, and it's pretty obvious the 3 female protagonists who got big roles in the anime and were popular in the games too aren't here.

Rosa getting billed as the star in this is probably because she has no anime appearance and the company wanted to advertise lesser-known female leads. If you notice Kris, Lyra, Hilda, etc are here too. Meanwhile we do have Brendan from ORAS, other DP characters, and so forth.

I wonder what events they have planned for May, Dawn or Serena. You wouldn't see all 3 of them held back from launch unless they were planning something for whenever they get added. Is it a coincidence the 3 most well known player characters due to their huge exposure in the anime aren't in this so far? I think not. I wouldn't be surprised if May launches with all 3 outfits for her (R/S, Emerald and ORAS) rather than just possibly ORAS to garner up revenue.

Oh wow, three outfits right off the bat. Definitely worth the wait.

Do't the remakes overwrite the canon so it is like the original games don't exist? I thought I saw someone say it once.
It's well established that each game exists as one branch of a multiverse. Kris and Lyra co-exist in Masters, but not in the main series.

Since there's supposed to be alternate outfits, I'm looking forward to Steven's .... though it might be just his RSE outfit or the anime one from AG. Or maybe the TCG sleeve illustration where he's shown without a jacket. Unless the characters had actual drastic redesigns like Elesa, the alternate outfits might be just ones they had in prior games/anime/merch.

I haven't seen the Brock one before, so here's for some wishful thinking...

I'm still waiting for Volkner to join the game, hopefully they'll give him a nice deep voice. Norman's voice in Masters is still kinda taking time getting used to lol

If Archie and Maxie make it in and it's not their ORAS designs, I'm gonna be so mad.
I can see that, given them being turned good after ORAS events.

Other than that, Anabel and Zinnia would work, so will Guzma and Plumeria be in.

I can imagine we gonna mass-team-up with Archie, Elesa, N, Guzma, Grimsley, Lucas, Saturn, and others in confronting Team Masters Rocket. At that point, Team Masters Rocket gonna be outnumbered by "good-side" trainers.

I can imagine we gonna mass-team-up with Archie, Elesa, N, Guzma, Grimsley, Lucas, Saturn, and others in confronting Team Masters Rocket. At that point, Team Masters Rocket gonna be outnumbered by "good-side" trainers.
It'll just be whomever the player chooses to battle, as always. Some characters might say the usual spiel about Pokemon being friends, but actions speak louder than words.

One of the main things I’m curious about is who’s going to be fought in the Evolution Sync Pair Stories that haven’t been revealed yet.
From what I’ve seen so far, it seems to primarily be characters who debuted in the same region (Barry vs. Cheryl) or have the same type specialty (Pryce vs. Wulfric). I’m personally hoping they don’t completely adhere to this and throw in some variety (Rosa vs. Brock).

I just saw the game's twitter account and taken into consideration that Masters is supposed to be some sort of "companion" game to SwSH pertaining to the use of Pkmn not included in these, I think there might be somce crossover, taking into consideration that the host is called Lear like in the Shakespeare play, he's from royalty, most likely Galarian and since the whole plot behind Galar's tournament and sponsorship, I think that perhaps Lear has more to it than it looks like...also, using Dark-type Pkmn is most likely a hint.

Taking into account that Team Break apparently uses other trainer classes and the clothes colour scheme of Lear and his companions is the same black and white as Break's glasses, I would bet their are behind Team Break and are the real villains.

I’d love to see several characters from spin-offs. My top picks are:
  • Wes and Michael from the GameCube games with Umbreon and Espeon respectively
  • The protagonists from Ranger with Minun and Plusle as their partners
  • The Hero/Heroine from Conquest with Eevee
I think it’d be fantastic if a duo from the PMD universe such as Wigglytuff and Chatot were included, but I highly doubt that would happen.

I’d love to see several characters from spin-offs. My top picks are:
  • Wes and Michael from the GameCube games with Umbreon and Espeon respectively
  • The protagonists from Ranger with Minun and Plusle as their partners
  • The Hero/Heroine from Conquest with Eevee
I think it’d be fantastic if a duo from the PMD universe such as Wigglytuff and Chatot were included, but I highly doubt that would happen.
Wes and Michael from GC games would work due to the GC games have some relation with core-series GBA games. Lunick and Solana would also work because first Pokémon Ranger had connectivity with Gen IV games, and not to mention Solana made an appearance in anime as well. (Would you team Solana up with Kris or Anabel?)

Not sure about the Conquest one since this would involve heavy time travelling. But I would love to see Guardian Signs one or Tim Goodman from 3DS Detective Pikachu game.

Not sure about the Conquest one since this would involve heavy time travelling.
Not so sure about that considering that Mewtwo was available in Conquest.

On the other hand, there might be copyright problems seeing how the protagonist from Conquest is the Samurai Warriors version of Nagamasa Azai.

Not so sure about that considering that Mewtwo was available in Conquest.

On the other hand, there might be copyright problems seeing how the protagonist from Conquest is the Samurai Warriors version of Nagamasa Azai.
Also for PMD, it might not happen because of same reason as Conquest.

PMD is also a crossover after all.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom