• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters The Characters in Pokémon Masters

For anyone curious as to who's voicing their favorite characters, RetroPokeFan and I have been compiling the confirmed VA roles in this thread. Here's what we've found so far:

Alejandro Saab- Roark
Aleks Le- Brendan
Allegra Clark- Cynthia
Billy Kametz- Blue
Brandon Winckler- Red (Yes, he has a voice.)
Brianna Knickerbocker- Roxie, Viola
Cherami Leigh- Kris
Christina Vee- Bugsy, Phoebe
Erica Lindbeck- Maylene
Jeannie Tirado- Winona, Sophocles
Jon Allen- Brawly, Thorton
Julia McIlvaine- Olivia
Kaiji Tang- Noland
Kayli Mills- Rosa
Kira Buckland: Shauntal
Kyle Hebert- Crasher Wake
Landon McDonald- Flint, Cheren
Laura Post- Flannery, Cheryl
Laura Stahl- Skyla, Hau
Mela Lee- Karen
Phillip Reich- Will, Marshal
Ray Chase- Marlon
Reba Buhr- Misty
Ryan Bartley- Candice, Korrina
Sarah Williams- Whitney
Sean Chiplock- Siebold, Nanu
Tom Bauer- Brock
Xanthe Huynh- Erika

Not even touched the game yet, and won't be able to till tomorrow. But i'd love to see some Pokemon Conquest characters, the entire game was built around certain characters having a signature pokemon and it would translate well into Pokemon Masters from the info I know already.

Plus who doesn't love some Samurai action.

They seem to prefer designs from remakes (mostly FRLG in Kanto's case).

And I absolutely support this decision. Roxanne and Brawly from ORAS and Lt. Surge from HGSS are the ones that are immediately clear and I appreciate the choice. Part of me wishes they used HGSS Misty, but I guess that Misty is a bit of a far cry from the conventional "tomboyish" Misty.

The guy is not shy about being an antagonist. He wants to defeat everyone, Red especially.

After seeing how much of a nice d00d Blue is, I've taken it upon myself to recognize Lear as the new Blue. sMeLL yA LatER

Not sure about the Conquest one since this would involve heavy time travelling.
If they take liberties, they could say they're descendants or people doing a historical re-enactment, but I think the bigger issue is that the human characters are based on Tecmo Koei's designs

If they take liberties, they could say they're descendants or people doing a historical re-enactment, but I think the bigger issue is that the human characters are based on Tecmo Koei's designs
Again, Mewtwo is in Conquest, which means that the game doesn't take place in the past, however, you're right about the rights issues.

Again, Mewtwo is in Conquest, which means that the game doesn't take place in the past, however, you're right about the rights issues.
Pokemon Conquest was a non-canon spinoff crossover, so its not like they really needed to pay attention to Mewtwo lore when making it. I suppose they can just say some legendary teleported them in from another dimension or something. I doubt it takes place in the same universe as the mainline games.

As far as spinoff characters go, I'd like to see some Pokemon Ranger characters added in. I remember being a fan of the Go-Rock Quads when I was younger.

Also Peeko and Briney

Last edited:
As far as spinoff characters go, I'd like to see some Pokemon Ranger characters added in. I remember being a fan of the Go-Rock Quads when I was younger.

Maybe Tifanny from Go-Rock Quads being a special guest? Maybe her older brothers could be in too. (Clyde would give Lear a run for money even if he is much more benevolent in later Ranger games.)

Billy would be more likely, unless if DeNA allows two trainers to have same Pokémon with different sets. (Eg, Tiffany's Camerupt having diferent movesets from Maxie's Camerupt).

I would also like to see Looker and Colress as new Sync Pairs too. Especially Looker if he's going to investigate Team Break peeps, or Colress if he's studying Sync Pairs.

Pokemon Ranger characters would be really cool in my opinion.

Looker and Colress are also good shouts, Looker would fit perfectly with being brought over by Hoopa and having a new team to investigate, as Rocket Zigzagoon said.

I think its an off chance but Ash + Ash-Greninja wouldn't surprise me. We already have Pikachu for our own character.

I have a few more that I don't have much to talk about but could potentially see. It seems like most are game counterparts though, and not anime. That being said I've not progressed past chapter 9 so my opinion might be way off.

The personal one i'd like to see is
Ethan / Gold / Jimmy + Cyndaquil family
But i'm doubtful on seeing it.

Ethan is in the datamine. So is Ash-Greninja, but without a trainer. He might belong to Elio/Selene as in SM. As for spin-off characters:

Don't expect them until the main series has largely been covered.

I would not be surprised when Guzma and N are among PML participants.

Maybe they'll make Giovanni the real Main Story final boss. Cue Team Masters Rocket chapter.

What I wish? Not characters every damn week while we have a really dire gem distribution.

I'm not sure how other gachas work, but having only one new character per banner sucks, especially if the 3/4-star pool isn't being expanded. I would prefer to have Kanto/Johto/etc. or type-specific banners with multiple spotlight characters at a time. Pulling for a 2% chance at one new unit is worthless to me if I have no chances at getting other new units either.

Also, what do you guys think of the character dialogue so far? Are there any characters you guys like a lot more (or less?) because of it? Anything interesting you've learned about anyone?

I find a lot of the dialogue is repetitive, but there are a few characters whose lines have stuck with me for whatever reason. Like Drake's, for example. He never really stood out to me before, but I think he's pretty cool now. Maybe something about sailing and being friends with Mr. Briney made me like it?

I hope we get more sync stories with multiple characters in them at once.

Maybe something about sailing and being friends with Mr. Briney made me like it?

That actually has been referred to in the core games once before - there is a short scene with them together when you first sail on the S.S. Tidal in ORAS.

Also, what do you guys think of the character dialogue so far? Are there any characters you guys like a lot more (or less?) because of it? Anything interesting you've learned about anyone?
See my avatar. The other characters can make me laugh at times (especially Mina), but that's about it. I also like how Kris brings up both Prof. Oak and Agatha when discussing her goal, which she doesn't quite have yet (although meeting legendaries might be it). She wants a field where she can stand out rather than being in someone else's shadow.

Last edited:
Seel isn't even an Ice-type! (I also realised today that most gyms, especially in early games, are themed around evolution lines rather than types. Isn't that right, Falkner?)

Seel isn't even an Ice-type! (I also realised today that most gyms, especially in early games, are themed around evolution lines rather than types. Isn't that right, Falkner?)

TIL Seel is only water-type, wow. :confused:

Why is Pryce's Pokémon Seel -> Dewgong when his ace in the main series is Piloswine?

A lot of characters don't have their aces for whatever reason. Maybe they plan on making Sygna suits with their aces instead? I'm mostly depressed about Bugsy getting Beedrill instead of Scyther/Scizor, myself.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom