• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The characters of each generation preferred by Koreans

FelipePR

Reaction score
Hi, friends.

Yesterday, while watching a video from the Camaleão youtube channel, I came across the result of a Korean poll about their favorite Pokémon characters in each generation. And, while most of the results were already expected, there were some that were out of line with my personal perception and my interests as a fan of the franchise. So, I decided to bring the results to this forum so that everyone can become aware and make their own considerations.

Let's go to the results: Link Here

-- My Personal Considerations --

Kanto: Everything was as expected, except that I predicted Brock in the Top 10 and I wasn't sure Leaf would be as high as it was.

Johto: It was a surprise for me. I don't expect Lyra to be ahead of Ethan, as I also expected Eusine to be in the top 10. With the exception of Silver, who would be in my second place, my top 5 for the region is totally different.

Hoenn: A pleasant surprise, it wasn't sure that May would top the list, nor that Steven would get second place. However, I would certainly remove Lisia from third place.

Sinnoh: Nothing surprising, I would say. Yet, I expected Looker a few positions higher. The most interesting thing, without a doubt, is who would win the fierce dispute for the Top 1.

Unova: I already expected Top 1 and 2 results, although I'm not a big fan of such characters. I didn't expect, however, Ingo and Emmet to be in such high positions. Where is Iris? As in Johto, my Top 5 is completely different.

Kalos: I didn't expect Sycamore to be in such a high position, nor Siebold in the top 10. I certainly believe that Shauna would have been ranked higher, but I'm glad that Serena was.

Alola: I wasn't expecting Selena at the Top, but Lillie. Personally, I find Alola's protagonists disposable, as well as Paldea's. The rest of the list looks pretty solid to me.

Galar: I know Raihan is a beloved character, but I didn't expect him to be at the top. Personally, I would put Hop first and, in place of Bede, I would put Bea. Still, I would favor Opal over Raihan in the Top 10.

Paldea: I just know that the first place could not be any other. As for Larry, I hoped he was better positioned. Besides, I don't even know exactly what my Top 10 would be.

Hisui: I think we have what was expected, Volo and the clan Leaders are the best developed characters in the game. Personally, I expected Kamado to be in the Top 10.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post. But, something I want to point out is that, with the exception of the first generation, in which we have the iconic Red, the female protagonist is, at least by Koreans, always preferred over the male playable character.

I think this must indicate something, though I'm not sure what exactly, about the Pokémon fans and community.

Last edited:
Brock's absense really hurts.

Lyra destroyed Kris. :cry: And it's nice to see Karen getting some recognition.

They really loved the Hoenn remakes.

Wow, Cheren beat Nate. And no Iris?

The most recent male PCs got the votes they deserved specially Florian

I expected Larry to be higher as he's a success in both Japan and the west.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom