• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The characters of Legends: Arceus - trivia, speculation and theories!

I do wonder if Rei/Akari have lost some of their memories like Ingo, or if they just like Hisui rather than their home region better...
I think this is something that was intentionally left vague. Yeah, there are dialogue options that say they don't know/remember, but there are also dialogue options that say they do know/remember. It's up to the player.

• Kamado slips into a Johto dialect when discomposed
  • Kamado and Beni are both from the same town or city, which was destroyed by rampaging Pokémon
  • The Lake of Rage is an area in Johto that was carved out by rampaging Gyarados, and Mahogany Town is described as a 'hiding place for ninjas'
  • Kamado and Beni are from the Mahogany Town area

Alder's ancestor's photos in both Diamond and Pearl clans could potentially mean he is seen as a folk hero or possibly something more

The Miss Fortune Sisters all wield the signature pokémon of their descendants. Except for Charm who has a Gengar and Rhydon. Her resemblance to both Agatha and Bertha could link the two together in the end seeing Rhydon's evolution is the signature pokémon of Bertha's Plat team.

With our knowledge of Kamado's armor being Galarian crafted. Wikstrom could be from Galar himself.

There is no known descendant of Palina or Iscan. But if they kept a relationship going the child would be the offspring of the two and keep features of both. Unsure who this would be however.

The Old Gateaux is obtainable; however from lore we know the cake was a specialty from the Old Chateau.

This anomaly could have a possible reason. Gateau is French for cake and potentially the recipe is of Kalosian origin and the ones we know today are the alteration from Sinnoh. Think of it in similar manner to how Apple Pie was British in origin but has major links to America nowadays.

Last edited:
This anomaly could have a possible reason. Gateau is French for cake and potentially the recipe is of Kalosian origin and the ones we know today are the alteration from Sinnoh. Think of it in similar manner to how Apple Pie was British in origin but has major links to America nowadays.
Well, not exactly. In Japanese it is called "Yokan no mori". It's just that the translators wanted a name that kept the Japanese wordplay ("yokan" is similar to the word for manor).

- After Giratina is beaten, Volo said that he started on this path after Giratina gave him the spooky plate. Giratina is actually the devil pokemon, and some Christians believe that the devil try to corrupt people to make god upset/ try to defy god. So, Giratina was probably Volo´s boss, not the oposite.
- Volo later goes all the way back to the village full of people that hate him after learning the he made giratina open the space time rift, wich caused nobles go frenzy and hurt people. He does that only to tell Laventon that giratina now wants to be a good pokemon and we should catch it. Volo, and likely giratina know that you have the Arceus blessing, and azure flute, so arceus will apear to you. If Giratina is in your team, it can finally meet and defeat Arceus. So, we train the devil pokemon to defeat the god pokemon.

Am I the only person that thinks Adaman is an ancestor of Juan? I really think their outfits are similar and they both have two colors in their hair too. They also both seem to like being fancy looking. Just compare the two!

361px-Emerald_Juan.png
437px-Legends_Arceus_Adaman.png

I definitely see them similar in clothing, but the face absolutely isn't there IMO.
Not all related characters have to look that much alike though. Remember these are distant ancestors, not close relatives. And also, there isn't really any existing character whose face looks like Adaman's.

I haven't finished the game yet (so I don't know if anything comes of it), but Adaman and Irida need to get together already, haha. I feel like I'm a third wheel in some cutscenes. My headcanon is that they secretly like each other, but don't have the guts to act on their feelings like some of their subordinates...

I haven't finished the game yet (so I don't know if anything comes of it), but Adaman and Irida need to get together already, haha. I feel like I'm a third wheel in some cutscenes. My headcanon is that they secretly like each other, but don't have the guts to act on their feelings like some of their subordinates...

People love to ship, I Love too. But honestly, I don't think there's any romantic subjectivity in their relationship. What happens is that with the protagonist's help, they come to understand each other and respect each other, that is, they put aside their differences to reach a common ground and maybe a friendship.

I believe that the effective union of both clans, that seems to be a symbolic step towards the formation of the actual Sinnoh, is likely to happen a bit later, for now, harmony and communion of interest between all the inhabitants of all hissui was achieved.

Furthermore, Irida has such a childish design that it seems wrong to ship her, especially with someone more mature.

Last edited:
I believe you didn't read my post as you quoted Adaman's necklace and a farfetched hairstyle comparison.

What made me believe that there would be any correlation between these characters and May was, then, the reasonably similar hair style between Irida and May and the extremely similar, except for the color, bandana that Palina and May share, plus the fact that these new characters are quite close. Other attributes like comparison between hair and eye color were minor inferences from there. It also doesn't help that Palina has a motherly relationship with her lord, or that her headband's knot forms the image of a butterfly, or that Irida main Pokémon is a Glaceon.

I also didn't say they belong to the same family tree, as that would be one assumption on top of another, just that it seems likely to me that the developers were somehow referencing the third-gen protagonist.

In the end, with respect to certain physical similarities, It could be that they were just taking advantage of semi-finished models, something to be expected from Gamefreak, but that bandana will always raise questions.
We also need to remember these characters are designed by the same people. It's bound that similarities appear between designs, aome characters not even related can look alike.

Edit: We all know who Leon's ancestor is guys come on...it's the girl who keeps getting lost.

We also need to remember these characters are designed by the same people. It's bound that similarities appear between designs, aome characters not even related can look alike.
To make it worse, I've seen a lot of people compare the Legends characters to fan favorite anime-only characters as well. Like "Melli is Harley's ancestor!" type stuff. But by that kind of logic, Ash is Red's long lost brother that started a year after him and Gary and Blue are identical twins.

We all know who Leon's ancestor is guys come on...it's the girl who keeps getting lost.
It all makes sense now.

Not all related characters have to look that much alike though. Remember these are distant ancestors, not close relatives. And also, there isn't really any existing character whose face looks like Adaman's.
This line of argument would be more convincing if the game wasn't chock full of almost exact doppelgangers.

More headcanons:

• Volo and Cogita are brother and sister. The "misteress" thing is just Volo being an annoying younger sibling while also passive aggressively poking fun at her role in the family.
  • Because of Cogita and Cynthia, the role of resident lore keeper is probably given to the first born.
  • Cogita doesn't wear black as a fashion statement. She's probably coming out of mourning either her husband or her child. If it's the latter that's why she mentions that it's the role of the elders to pass down their knowledge...she never got to pass it down before.
  • Volo is still probably Cynthia's direct ancestor.
  • The armor that Kamado wears is probably his wife's family heirloom.

i dont really think this ancestor stuff is all that interesting tbh. in certain cases, sure, like they cleverly invert character traits for ancestors, but some of these...who cares imo

I mean I guess I do understand that, the way I see it is more like "whoa look at how the characters evolved and changed through their family lines!"
But like, I get that it might be kinda boring trying to be like 'well this dude wears blue and she does too so they're related!!!!'
it just gets to a point to me where its like...what does this tell us about these characters? why does it matter that theyre related? it stops being fun imo and starts being kinda tedious where were just looking for clues that arent there

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom