• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

The Chibi-style of the game. Like or Hate

Do you like the the fact that the characters are Chibi?

• Yes

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 61.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I think it looks bad. It wouldn't be an issue if these games were for the DS or 3DS but Switch games shouldn't have such primitive graphics without an interesting gimmick on the side. Getting fully animated battles is nice but that's expected so it doesn't balance out the over-world stuff.

Minty Fresh
Reaction score
I really don't like it. To be honest, it feels like we've taken a major step backwards. I would have rathered a Sword and Shield... or even Let's Go... art style over this.

Reaction score
I don't care to be fair, but of course could have been made much better.

However I understand that the good graphics are beeing reserved for Legends.

Reaction score
However I understand that the good graphics are beeing reserved for Legends.
This raises an issue i have: why is BDSP playing second fiddle to Legends? All the previous remakes were the main focus of development during a time. FRLG after RS, HGSS after Platinum, and ORAS after XY. Why does Gen 4 get this treatment now?

Honestly, and i have said this in another thread, they should have just delayed the remake and made it after Legends.

Reaction score
Er, I don't think GameFreak is making this game.
You're indeed correct, but I'm refering to Pokemon.inc, and that's probably why they delegated to another company.

This raises an issue i have: why is BDSP playing second fiddle to Legends? All the previous remakes were the main focus of development during a time. FRLG after RS, HGSS after Platinum, and ORAS after XY. Why does Gen 4 get this treatment now?

Honestly, and i have said this in another thread, they should have just delayed the remake and made it after Legends.
Indeed however they want to change things as fast as they can, also Gen 9 should be in 1-2 years so...

Reaction score

Apparently, Pokémon Company is not happy to continue the traditional remake policies. In the past generation, in a way, they tried to change the formula with Pokémon Let's Go. Now, they are prioritizing a prequel to a remake. We will see what the future holds.