• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The 'Complain About Something You Don't Like' Thread.

Why are so many little kids and old ladies so damn fascinated with the terminology for 'Pokemon Status Effects' and battle strategies anyway?

Because Gamefreak knows that NO-ONE actually reads the manual anymore. That's why it's there guys, so the NPCs can say something interesting rather than 'Did you know that a burn takes away a Pokemon's HP and lowers its attack?'

Did I mention I dislike how disgustingly skimpy most of the female characters are -bricked in the face-

No, what's annoying is giving Blaziken Speed Boost. All the "lol stupid copycat Infernape is useless now", AND Smogon banning SB Blaziken to Ubers is just making me hate the stupid chicken as much as Charizard. :/ It's seriously overestimated. Shadow Tag Chandelure, or Giratina, both say "hello".

Also, also, the gosh darn GTS! EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TRADE IS ASKING FOR A LEVEL-9-AND-UNDER Zekrom/Reshiram/Victini/Darkrai/Hydreigon/YourMom, you name it! I am not kidding, 99.9% of those trades are asking for that! Everyone knows this! It's annoying me to no end! Why won't they fix this? It's really ruining the fun GTS used to have for me! D8<

Ingame Sturdy is very, very annoying. Competitively I don't mind :p

For some reason I just wish the battle scenes could be faster. Like when someone uses Poison Sting, and then you have to wait to see if you were poisoned.

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TRADE IS ASKING FOR A LEVEL-9-AND-UNDER Zekrom/Reshiram/Victini/Darkrai/Hydreigon/YourMom, you name it! I am not kidding, 99.9% of those trades are asking for that! Everyone knows this! It's annoying me to no end! Why won't they fix this? It's really ruining the fun GTS used to have for me! D8<

The only thing for it is to offer a Pokemon and ask for something reasonable. I agree, there should be a filter of some kind.

Gym leaders and members of the elite four who use potions on their pokemon, especially when you only have one very damaged pokemon left. (Well, at least they can't use revives.)

And why does everyone want a legendary pokemon at a really low level when they trade?

The new system with the TMs. Especially the fact that I can't sell off useless TMs when I need a quick buck.

People who competitively battle and won't shut up about how great they are.
The short plotline of GSC/HGSS.
The hard as crap way to train Pokemon after the E4 without grinding in the wild in HGSS.
Super fangirls.
Random matchup in BW.
13 year olds who think they know their stuff.
People who try arguing that Spiritomb is a legendary.
People who think having perfect IV's and EV's is extremely special.
People who brag about stuff everybody else has.
At least 90% of Pokemon fanart and fan stories.

The list goes on.

The fact that I have to battle my rivals and Team Plasma all the time. When I am walking to a town with weakened Pokemon due to the battles I had en route, the last thing I want is a rival appearing out of nowhere to battle.

The massive parity in Pokemon levels between the Kanto gym leaders and Red in GSC and HGSS

Also, also, the gosh darn GTS! EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TRADE IS ASKING FOR A LEVEL-9-AND-UNDER Zekrom/Reshiram/Victini/Darkrai/Hydreigon/YourMom, you name it! I am not kidding, 99.9% of those trades are asking for that! Everyone knows this! It's annoying me to no end! Why won't they fix this? It's really ruining the fun GTS used to have for me! D8<

Isn't that exactly the same as the GTS has always been? Only back in the day, they would ask for level 9 or under Dialgas or Palkias, which the HGSS event actually GAVE us, so then everyone wanted level 9 and under Arceuses.

Those bastards who ask for Reshiram/Zekrom lv. 9 and under are just waiting for cheaters.Sooner or later they are found by guys who want their legit Pokemon and have a few boxes full of lv.1 Zekroms and Reshirams and a few more stocked with Wondertombs,just in case.

The new system with the TMs. Especially the fact that I can't sell off useless TMs when I need a quick buck.

why would you need to? in B/W there're opportunities every day to obtain various items that'll give you more than a quick buck, such as the star piece giving stone in pinwheel forest or the patrat mini game on marvelous bridge

anyway, I don't like the Zoroark & Hydreigon lines having dark pulse as egg moves instead of level up moves
the blatant haxing in the battle subway
Nintendo/GF always seeming to ignore the possibility some of us cannot participate in wi-fi novelties such as events or Dream World due to x & y reasons & giving those of us alternative methods.

The fact that you have to go through a very long and tedious process just to get a Dream World account.
All of those geniuses in the GTS who think that they can ask for a Raikou for a Croagunk and get away with it. Seriously, once I actually saw a guy offer a Clamperl for an ARCEUS. Idiots.
Those @$$holes that troll GTS Negotiations, just to flash off their Lvl. 100 Gallade and shiny Feraligatr and spam the sad face even if you offer them your Landorus.
Musicals. Lack of participation.
This one I understand, but the Gen II-III block. Guys, if they didn't have it, we'd probably have Poliwrath in Uber or something for Mind Reader/Fissure, and the metagame would be all screwed up. If it existed, the Fissure thing should be banned or something like that.
That's the end of my rant. I'm gonna go to bed. >_>

This one I understand, but the Gen II-III block. Guys, if they didn't have it, we'd probably have Poliwrath in Uber or something for Mind Reader/Fissure, and the metagame would be all screwed up. If it existed, the Fissure thing should be banned or something like that.
The what? o . o

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Why is it that Pokemon such as Dunparce who are fairly weak do not get evolutions while Pokemon that can win most battles (Porygon2, Magmar) do? That just rustles my jimmies.

The fact that Pokemon cannot be transferred between Generation 2 and Generation 3.
That isn't Pokemon move related...

That's the incompatibility of the systems and the complete overhaul of the system RSE introduced.

Unless you really want to never find a female shiny Pokemon, I think you should not worry about that.

Like many people above said... the GTS. Why do they allow you to ask for lvl 9 and under Resihram/Zekrom/Kyurem? Annoys me to hell. Maybe they should just ban legends from the GTS altogether. And also, NO ONE HAS A LVL 9 OR UNDER SAMUROTT! WHY ARE YOU ASKING FOR IT?

Really, I don't get it. Why do people keep asking for impossible trades? Are there really this many trolls in this world?

Isn't that exactly the same as the GTS has always been? Only back in the day, they would ask for level 9 or under Dialgas or Palkias, which the HGSS event actually GAVE us, so then everyone wanted level 9 and under Arceuses.

Doesn't make it any less annoying. OTL And every time I went to the GTS in Platinum, I never encountered a "level 9 and under" Dialga/Palkia/Giratina til around when HGSS were first announced. Even though I never saw the levels of what they wanted, every Dialga/Palkia/Giratina trade was reasonable because I was able to give away my 50+ level dragon trio away if I wanted.

Those bastards who ask for Reshiram/Zekrom lv. 9 and under are just waiting for cheaters.Sooner or later they are found by guys who want their legit Pokemon and have a few boxes full of lv.1 Zekroms and Reshirams and a few more stocked with Wondertombs,just in case.

I made some level 1 Zekroms and Reshirams JUST for those kind of people, except guess what? The hack checks seem to be much stricter for Legendary Pokemon in Gen V. D8 The thing won't let you trade a level 1 Zek or Resh away. It wouldn't even take a Reshiram I made shiny, who was legit before I made him shiny. Not cool at all, as now there's nothing stopping those trolls from cluttering the GTS with their level 1 Zek/Resh requests.

This isn't directed at anyone specifically, but please keep things Pokemon-related, not Pokemon fandom-related. Specifically, please don't mention groups within the fandom or other sites. That type of thing can too easily lead to the thread being dragged off-topic and insults being thrown.

Keep what you don't like to the games, anime, manga, or even general theories people mention. And, please, don't take anything people say here personally, though if you feel it's breaking any rules, please report it.

I dont mean to bash on dunsparce or anything, but dunsparce is a JOKE. it's not meant for usage on a pokemon team. it's just like the losers over at Game Freak put in useless pokemon at times.

I hate when forums are too strict about their rules and regulations.
Actually, Dunsparce CAN be used on a team if you can successfully paralyze his opponent. But still, he needed an evolution much more than Porygon2.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom