• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

The Conversational Japanese Thread・日本語会話スレ

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Hello! This is a place to chat with others (in Japanese)! Like the Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread, but in Japanese!
Forum rules apply of course, but please make sure to chat in Japanese! (If you'd like, I guess you could do English in inline spoiler tags, like this)
Any level of learners welcome!! (Mods, if you would rather not this thread exist, please tell me and I'll take care of it.)

じゃあ、自己紹介する!
タコヤキです!あたしは高校1年生です。3年前日本語を勉強し始めた。1年前あたしは本気で日本語を勉強すること始めた。
日本語にペラペラになりたい。日本で留学生になるつもりだ。よろしくね!

Mod Note (pokemoll, 06/03/2022)

I just wanted to clarify that this thread is intended for those who are actively interested in learning and practicing their Japanese. In order to help you practice your conversational skills, grammar structure, etc, it would be beneficial for posts here to make as limited use of Google Translate as possible.

Whilst it's fine to use the translator for widening your vocabulary or double-checking a message, messages which have been fully filtered through Google Translate are not appropriate for this thread. This is to help you improve your fluency and understanding of the language by actively thinking for yourself, and to ensure that actual conversations are taking place here.

Please note that it is more than fine to ask for help in this thread, and use of English in spoiler tags to do so is acceptable. We all have to start somewhere when learning a language - however, frequently relying on a translation service will hinder your progress in the long-run.

Last edited:

DawningWinds

Impending Doom
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any Pronouns
こにちわ、どぞよろしく。私はダニングヒンドスてす。2年前日本語を 勉強しますこと始めた。しかし、私はまで停止4月前。

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
こにちわ、どぞよろしく。私はダニングヒンドスてす。2年前日本語を 勉強しますこと始めた。しかし、私はまで停止4月前。
4月前勉強するやめた?なんで?まあ、もちろん日本語は難しい学ぶ言語ですね。ここにポストしてくれてありがとう!
いいや、も一度読んだ、今分かる!また始まった?それはいいね!

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Might've messed that up, it should say I stopped studying until 4 months ago. I'm still studying, I just kinda fell off for a while.
No I was just confused with the use of まで after は. I personally would say something like 4月前までよく勉強しなかった。 (I didn't really study until 4 months ago) but I understood it OK once I read it again!

日本語にポケモンゲームをしたことがある?僕はポケモンシールドをしてみた、でもすごい難しかったから辞めた。多分来年してみるかな

DawningWinds

Impending Doom
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any Pronouns
ここにポストしてくれてありがとう!
いいや、も一度読んだ、今分かる!また始まった?それはいいね!
はい、 私にまた日本語勉強をしますを嬉しいです。

日本語にポケモンゲームをしたことがある?僕はポケモンシールドをしてみた、でもすごい難しかったから辞めた。多分来年してみるかな
私はポケモンポケットモンスター ソードをしてみた。しかし、私はまだに遠くまでありません。
はい、難しかったあります。

No I was just confused with the use of まで after は. I personally would say something like 4月前までよく勉強しなかった。 (I didn't really study until 4 months ago) but I understood it OK once I read it again!
Ah, gotcha. I haven't had very many conversations in Japanese so I don't know what sentence structures will be confusing to others./ispoiler]

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
DawningWindsさんは丁寧語をよく使うね。
僕の高校の日本語授業に先生は初心者に丁寧語を教える、もっと得意な学生に終止形を教えて。
僕は終止形が丁寧語より好き、でももちろん丁寧語を使えられる。
(終止形をググるした、つまり「普通の日本語」です。)

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
「ポケモンLEGENDS:アルセウス」をするつもりですか?
僕はゲームをダウンロードした、多分1、2時間にする。たのしみ〜

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
「Wordle」は最近、ポピュラーなゲームですね!
僕は毎日する!今、日本語バージョンを見た!
難しいでも楽しい!
I just learned that I can't use だ with い adjectives. I never knew that was a rule!

DawningWinds

Impending Doom
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any Pronouns
「ポケモンLEGENDS:アルセウス」をするつもりですか?
僕はゲームをダウンロードした、多分1、2時間にする。たのしみ〜
はい、私はゲームをつもりします。しかし、私はまっています。

「Wordle」は最近、ポピュラーなゲームですね!
僕は毎日する!今、日本語バージョンを見た!
難しいでも楽しい
あ、そうですか。私は「Wordle」英語をしません。しかし、たぶん「Wordle」日本語を試みます…

Huh, really? My particle understanding is pretty rudimentary, so I can't really see why not...

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Huh, really? My particle understanding is pretty rudimentary, so I can't really see why not...
Basically it's like たのしい→たのしいです/かったです/くありません/くありませんでした for polite form, but since we drop です for informal form, would be used. However the い-adjectives have their own conjugations, so たのしい→たのしい/たのしかった/たのしくない/たのしくなかった for informal. I think I knew this already but I ended up actually reading about it and was confused lol.

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
僕は科学の従業の中で「言葉で遊ぼう」という「Wordle」みたいなゲームをした。(もちろん先生の教えを聞いたよ〜)
まあ、僕が勝った!僕は4回で勝った!
さあ、みんなができるかな?
12回だけから、よく考えてね〜!

Kotobade Asobou 言葉で遊ぼう 24 4/12

1645034151712.png

1645034218503.png

ConfectionerMari

「Life is just another mystery!」
Reaction score
Pronouns
They/Them
漢字はまだ始めたばかりなので、Google翻訳トークで失礼します。現在、日本語を独学で勉強しています。皆さんは今日何をされましたか?

I’m still just starting Kanji, so excuse my Google translate-talk. I am currently self-studying Japanese. What has everyone done today?

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
漢字はまだ始めたばかりなので、Google翻訳トークで失礼します。現在、日本語を独学で勉強しています。皆さんは今日何をされましたか?

I’m still just starting Kanji, so excuse my Google translate-talk. I am currently self-studying Japanese. What has everyone done today?
こんにちはマリさん!ググる翻訳を使うのははドンマイね、僕は漢字がまだまだね。僕は今日学校がないから、うちで弟たちと妹と何もないしているw。今日は多分和食を料理するつもりだ。