• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Conversational Japanese Thread・日本語会話スレ

私は日本語が読んと書きが少し話せます My grammar needs a lot of work and i still am learning to use verbs properly, I'm trying to say "I can speak, read, and write a little bit of japanese". I'm using the unnecessary watashi ha just as a grammar reminder for myself on how ha and ga work xD. How do i fix that sentence?

私は日本語を2年勉強しました . I can only write in small phrases for the time being.

Last edited:
私は日本語が読んと書きが少し話せます My grammar needs a lot of work and i still am learning to use verbs properly, I'm trying to say "I can speak, read, and write a little bit of japanese". I'm using the unnecessary watashi ha just as a grammar reminder for myself on how ha and ga work xD. How do i fix that sentence?

私は日本語を2年勉強しました . I can only write in small phrases for the time being.
i think the correct grammar would be 私は日本語を少し読んで書いて話せます。

Hey! Youkoso! Make sure to use [ISPOILER]inline spoilers[/ISPOILER] for English~

But as for fixing the sentence, a bit of analyzing first. Bolded are the correct parts:

私は日本語んと書き少し話せます

I'd translate this something like:

I can rad write Japanese a little.

Here's what I'd say:

私は少し日本語が話せます、読めます、も書いてます。

I'm using the potential form, for "I can" sentences.

wa and ga are hard!! You'll just kinda get a feel for it like I have...

まあいいよ!ようこそ〜!

ありがとうございます

私は日本のアニメを見たり聞いたりして練習する. 名前はポケモンと遊戯王
I think that's right? it's easier to learn the kanji than it is to grammarize it into a sentence for me right now lol. For now, i'm going to use kanji in here that i'm learning at the moment to practice. Much of what i'm learning right now can be used in everyday talk.

You're pretty close! I'm not sure what these kanji 遊戯王 mean, though...jisho didn't help as well...

僕はあんまりアニメを見ない。でも子供のときに毎日ポケモンを見た!

それは凄いね
I think? I remember hearing that in pokemon when someone sounds like they're thinking something is cool or amazing

遊戯王
is the japanese Kanji for the anime called Yu-Gi-Oh!

が と を と で
are the particles that i usually have trouble properly placing after the correct noun/verb.
まで と から
i'm also having trouble remember which location noun they are supposed to come after

Last edited:
今週は新しい映画を見ます
this week i am watching new movies. I'm not sure how to write "horror" movies in japanese, can some one tell me? Movies like The Cursed, The Long Night, The Legend of La LLarona, movies like that are what i'm watching this week. :)

時々音楽を書きます, でも 只 並み レベル / 得意でも不得意でもない i think.
I'm not sure if instrumental compositions uses a different kanji? as opposed to this writing verb. Also not really sure which verb is best to describe my writing level. I'm not a pro but i'm not terrible at it either, so i'm "average" at it i guess? or something like i'm neither good nor bad it it.

Last edited:
こんにちはギャラクティックさん!
目指しに頑張って、ギャラクティックさんの描くはもうすごいと思います!
さあ、あの「タコ様」は僕と同じ名前がある!おもしろいですねw
返事して遅いよ・・・ごめんなさい
面白いだけど、「タコ」に選ばれる意味があります(笑)あのキャラはブラジルの元大統領に基づく、その人はここに「イカ」(Squid)だと呼ぶの。 理由全然分かりません、私は(笑)。だからこそ自分の所説の最大最悪の悪役があのようなお名前にいます。蛸島はタコになっていました

ところでタコ焼きさん、私の前3つのアバターはサバイバル元参加者の絵です。お名前は言えないで、あなたはその人物達に知っていますか?オルドスクールシーズンのプレイヤーってわけ。

Bobby Jon.png
Alina.png
Jonny Fairplay.png

彼達はバフにさえ着用していますよ

Last edited:
旅行のせいでまたの遅く返事ですぅぅぅぅぅ、すみません~

名前の理由はいいですね!ボルソナロのイメージに作った人です!

じゃあ名前。。。前シーズンの名前がよく覚えられないっと思いますが。。。頑張ります!

*ドン*

ぇぇ、あの、全3人が知りませんかも。あたしの見ていないシーズンの人かもしれません!?

絵が相変わらず上手だけど!
いいえ、それはいいです

どうもありがとうございたします!

えっと、あの首相キャラは別の人に基づきますけどいい推測の。

ではサバイバルについて・・・はい、古いシーズンのお陰で、たこやきさんは見ていないってはずね。そしてあの3つはレジャンド選手ではないですもね。

まあ、私の今のアバターは別ですが・・・有名なゲームチェンジャーなプレイヤーです。彼女もおルドスクールですけど最近プレイしました・・・たこやきさんのご両親はかならず知っているだと思います。私のユザータイトルは彼女の第一なセリフですよ。

ひ さ し ぶ り でしたあああああ!

ごめんなさい!学年がすぐ終わって、夏になっていきます!すこし熱いですよ。。。嫌いですw

みんな、今年はどうですか?夏はお楽しみですか!? 

Last edited:
私は今年の夏何もしない。コロナからプランニングが難しかったので、予定がありません。それなら、どこにも行かない。
前の2年と同じでしょうかね?それは悪いことじゃないです!

あたしはユタ州に行きます!熱くなってきた。。。

こんにちは!昨晩にELLEGARDENをたくさん聴き込んだ。Koukasenは私の大好きな曲です。好きな曲は何ですか?

”Hello! I listened to a lot of ELLEGARDEN last night. Koukasen is my favorite song. What is your favorite song?” I’m still working on sentence strict, I hope it didn’t sound too weird!

こんにちは!昨晩にELLEGARDENをたくさん聴き込んだ。Koukasenは私の大好きな曲です。好きな曲は何ですか?

”Hello! I listened to a lot of ELLEGARDEN last night. Koukasen is my favorite song. What is your favorite song?” I’m still working on sentence strict, I hope it didn’t sound too weird!
That sounds nice! Personally I'd use 聴いた for "listened", and "favorite" is お気に入り, although 大好きな works well too! Your sentence formation and particle usage has gotten a lot better Mari~

あたしのお気に入りの歌はね。。。ELLEGARDENなら、選べないわ!一歌だけに決める!多分今、No.13?最近ELLEGARDENに聴いているから、お気に入りのバンドにになった!ELLEGARDENの歌はずっと夏の感じがする!本当に素敵よね!

ご機嫌よう、皆さん!私はノクティルカです!自己紹介させていただきます。7年前ぐらいに日本語を勉強し始めましたっけ。その頃、あんまりホビーがないからアニメを観てみました。面白いアニメがあるけど詰まらないアニメもあります。段々とアニメに飽きました。今はアニメを稀に観て本当に興味がありません。そして、アニソンや東方ボーカルを時々聴きます。英語と日本語以外にスペイン語は分かります。様々な本をスペイン語で読んでいたが日本語で本を読むことがありません。退屈だって難しすぎますからね。

ちなみにこの2前年、日本語をあんまり勉強していないが最近ポケモンソードを日本語でしています。中々楽しいと思います。文法は分かりやすいが知らない言葉がたくさんあります!知らない言葉を読む場合、国語辞書で調べてフラッシュカードを作ってAnkiというプログラムに入力します。アドバタイジングではないがAnkiがとても便利だと思います。

これで自己紹介の終わりです!皆さんによろしくお願いします!

多分文法の間違いはたくさんあってごめんなさい。日本語で話す経験や書く経験があんまりありませんから。でも、本当に頑張りましたよ!

Last edited:
こんにちはノクティルカさん。あたしはアルセウスがないです。あたしは4年前日本語を勉強して始めた。あたしもポケモンソードを日本語どしました。いまポケモンムーンを日本語でしている。

こんにちはノクティルカさん。あたしはアルセウスがないです。あたしは4年前日本語を勉強して始めた。あたしもポケモンソードを日本語どしました。いまポケモンムーンを日本語でしている。
おはようございます、アルセウスがないさん!ポケモンソードで御三家の中に誰を選びましたか?私はサルノリを選びたけどもうボックスに送れました。ちなみに私も日本語でポケモンムーンをしました。詳細はよく覚えっていないけど(ポケモンムーンをしてから3年間が経ったから)ポケモンムーンのストリーがシリーズの中で1番楽しいと思います。リリエさんの過去は凄く悲しくてハウさんはいつも元気でキャラクターの皆は素敵です!

Last edited:
おはようございます、アルセウスがないさん!ポケモンソードで御三家の中に誰を選びましたか?私はサルノリを選びたけどもうボックスに送れました。ちなみに私も日本語でポケモンムーンをしました。詳細はよく覚えっていないけど(ポケモンムーンをしてから3年間が経ったから)ポケモンムーンのストリーがシリーズの中で1番楽しいと思います。リリエさんの過去は凄く悲しくてハウさんはいつも元気でキャラクターの皆は素敵です!
あたしもサルノリを選んだ。サルノリは一番可愛いガラルの御三家のポケモンだ。ムーンのすとりは楽しいが、cutsceneが多いすぎると思う。

Hello.
Can somebody please tell me the difference between issho (いっしょ) and isshoku (いっしょく) ?
In the japanese version of Pokémon Platinum, there are 3 signs in the Veilstone City Gym with famous japanese idioms written on them. One of these idioms is "ichinichi isshoku" (いちにち いっしょく) but it is usually spelled "ichinichi issho" (いちにち いっしょ) and it means "one day is a lifetime". Why did they write it differently in Platinum ? Is it the same idiom or something actually different ?

こんにちは! 元気ですか?

i'm trying to learn japanese and you've got to start somewhere... sometimes "somewhere" is just common conversational phrases d:

Back
Top Bottom