• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

The cooking thread

DawningWinds

Impending Doom
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any Pronouns
Chocolate chip muffins!
Really happy with these. I was kinda worried early on cause the batter was super thick and muffin batter is not supposed to be that thick so I didn't know what was gonna happen, but they taste really good. Only issue is they're a bit on the dry side. (Family also likes them, if my older brother trying to argue that we should each get half a tray for dessert today after having each had one earlier is any indication.)
I also managed to make a a lot more muffins than I meant to. I was aiming for 24 and by all accounts doubling a recipe that says it makes twelve should make 24 but I had a bunch of extra batter so I ended up finding a dozen muffin pan and filling it up for thirty six. Extra is probably a good thing though.

DawningWinds

Impending Doom
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any Pronouns
DawningWinds used a revive on the cooking thread!
20220421_224949.jpg
I made sweet-and-sour porkchops! And regular porkchops because not everyone in my family likes/was willing to try the sweet-and-sour sauce. The sauce was surprisingly simple, just throw a bunch of things in a pan and cooking them for a bit, for some reason I expected it to be harder...
I've never had Chinese food before so I wasn't sure how I was going to like these, but they tasted pretty good! I also mixed some of the extra sauce into some noodles which I liked too. Younger brother and mom who have both had Chinese on several occasions say they taste how they should as well, so I'm considering this a success even though half the family didn't touch the sauce.

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
DawningWinds used a revive on the cooking thread!
I made sweet-and-sour porkchops! And regular porkchops because not everyone in my family likes/was willing to try the sweet-and-sour sauce. The sauce was surprisingly simple, just throw a bunch of things in a pan and cooking them for a bit, for some reason I expected it to be harder...
I've never had Chinese food before so I wasn't sure how I was going to like these, but they tasted pretty good! I also mixed some of the extra sauce into some noodles which I liked too. Younger brother and mom who have both had Chinese on several occasions say they taste how they should as well, so I'm considering this a success even though half the family didn't touch the sauce.
that's super awesome, they look very good!! thanks for reviving~

I think I'm gonna make a big thing of fried rice today, I got a new brand of sesame oil and it makes it taste waaaay better. I'm also going to try to not heat the rice up first in order to make the texture a bit better~

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I did it!! SPAM added of course. I used 5 eggs instead of 4!! And maybe a lil more rice?
Uhmmmm, it tasted good!! The texture was a little better but not the best, maybe I just used too much sesame oil this time??
image0-3.jpeg
[/SPOILER

DawningWinds

Impending Doom
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any Pronouns
I did it!! SPAM added of course. I used 5 eggs instead of 4!! And maybe a lil more rice?
Uhmmmm, it tasted good!! The texture was a little better but not the best, maybe I just used too much sesame oil this time??
I've never made fried rice but I'm guessing how much oil to use is kinda something you have to sorta guess on till you get a feel for it... Hopefully next time you use a little less and it turns out how you want.

Last edited:

ConfectionerMari

「Life is just another mystery!」
Reaction score
Pronouns
They/Them
8BACDABA-6221-4EEC-957B-058C6A02C816.jpeg

The poffins, which were based off of anpan! They were a bit dense, which makes me think I added too much or too little of something. Besides that, I filled them with strawberry jam and they were delicious!

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her

The poffins, which were based off of anpan! They were a bit dense, which makes me think I added too much or too little of something. Besides that, I filled them with strawberry jam and they were delicious!
Oh my god Mari that's so amazinggggggggg!!

did you use a recipe as a source!?!! i wanna do thissss

Alpine64

egg
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him <3
Could I get cooking advice from here or is this just for cooking stuff you made?

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Could I get cooking advice from here or is this just for cooking stuff you made?
I made this in mind for a showcase thread, but asking is always welcome too! What do you need help with?

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I made crepes!!! Waking up at 8 AM was definitely worth it!! ...and I had lots of leftover batter too~

スタックした~.jpeg

手作りクレープ~.jpeg

I might make the poffins that Mari suggested tonight!! And I'll fill a few with anko as well to make them true anpan~!!

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I haven't posted in a while, but I come with lots of food pictures!!

So on Saturday morning, I woke up early and made crepes because I felt like it!! They're kinda tiny, lol!

crepe!.jpeg

And on that same day, I had planned to make anpan poffins like @ConfectionerMari, and they turned out very very well! I actually made anko paste (red bean paste) to try something a little more authentic!! The recipe is based off of anpan, a traditional Japanese sweet often filled with anko. Also, I filled some of those poffins with raspberry jelly, and they tasted exactly like the scones from my state's fair. (Fisher Scones if you wanna know!) Oh, and one on the middle right kinda died lol~
So I'm going to be making those sometime soon! Next time I might glaze some, maybe.

anpanpoffin.jpeg

My mom asked me to make yakisoba on Sunday! Maybe because my grandparents were here?? Anyways, I made THREE TIMES!!! the normal amount (well, I actually usually double the recipe lol), and it was a little hard, but a lot of fun. And it tasted delicious as always too! Glad that everyone liked it~! Also, I put too many carrots in againnnnnnn lol~. I actually still have leftovers from it and it's been my bento for a few days, and my dinner for most of this week lol. Gonna eat some soon!!

yakisobadainankai.jpeg

And here's my bento from Monday! (I took this in the school cafeteria lol) Normally I cut apples to do usagi-ringo, but we had lots of shelled edamame, so I decided to do that instead!!

bento!!.jpg

This weekend, I plan on making...daifuku mochi!! Mochi filled with anko (red bean paste)!! Yaaaaay~

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Wow, I never posted my daifuku mochi!! They turned out SO GOOD, good enough I ended up eating them all in two days...uwaaaah...(even though they don't look the best lol!)

IMG_4309.jpg

I was gonna bring some to school to share but...I guess I'll have to make more~! It took a while actually!!!

But as for what I was going to post...! My okonomiyaki pizza! I was planning on making a Japanese-inspired pizza, and I found just about the perfect recipe!! And luckily my mom bought me (thanks for supporting my cooking mom!!) a nice lil pizza pan~!! :)

On the pizza itself is a TON of ingredients like legit SO MANY!!! We have: pizza dough (duh!), yakisoba noodles (this wasn't in the recipe, but I made some anyways because it's a Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki now!!), cabbage, bacon, green onions, yakisoba sauce, lots of cheese, and panko breadcrumbs to sprinkle on! Topped with some Kewpie mayo as well because it makes everything better♡

IMG_4507.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

I still have some!! I've eaten about 2 pieces per day (I'm slowly turning into pizza, for the past few days that's basically been the only food I've eaten, just one singular pizza meal), and there's still more! whoa!! It's absolutely DELICIOUS!!! though!! Next time I'll use less cabbage I think? But yaaay~!!

Maybe this weekend I'll try making it again!? Who knoooooows~☆

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Well, since @takoyaki suggested I do it, here it is. I made my old chili recipe yesterday because I wanted to give mom a treat after all her physical therapy post-surgery. But like I said before I had to made modifications to it due to certain factors.

For starters I had to use different BBQ sauce, as the original sauce I used was discontinued years ago (A&W Root Beer BBQ Sauce) and I haven't found a suitable replacement root beet BBQ sauce. So I used Heinz Sweet and Smokey Kansas Style BBQ Sauce as a substitute. Secondly I had to omit the onions due to dad being on a special diet (as there is no way he's not going to attack this chili the second it hits his house, given how gluttonous he is). And finally, usually I use either beef or bison (the latter being my preferred as it makes my chili extra healthy but it's not the easiest to find), but since I needed to double the recipe and thanks to a food ordering service I have that comes once a month I used both bison and ground wagyu to make it really special and exotic.

I've given it a taste test and it came out really good. The chili's chillin' in the fridge right now so I can keep it fresh for when I see my mom tomorrow. But, yeah, after not making this recipe for years I dug it up and decided to make it as a little treat for mom. Here's the general recipe in case anyone wants to try it.

Chili Recipe

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef or bison

½ cup of chopped onions

~8 ounces of barbeque sauce

1 tsp chili powder

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp oregano

1 can of red kidney beans, drained

Instructions:

Brown ground beef/bison

Add ½ cup chopped onions

Add 8 ounces or so of BBQ sauce

Simmer ½ hour, covered, stirring occasionally

Add chili powder, cumin, and oregano

Add drained kidney beans

Simmer 1 hour, covered, stirring occasionally

DawningWinds

Impending Doom
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any Pronouns
Made some banana bread muffins! Haven't gotten to taste them but the smell super good. The banana smashing was probably not my favorite cooking thing ever but I'm definitely feeling it'll be worthwhile and the batter was otherwise fairly standard.
20220528_211252.jpg

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Those look amazing Dawning!!! I haven't made muffins in FOREVER!!

So, in Japanese today, we made daifuku mochi!! And they were loads better than the ones I made a month ago lol. Guess mochiko is the way to go!!

At any rate, mine was bigger and tastier than before!! So gonna try it again soon~!

daifukuattack.jpg

I also brought in gyoza for everyone to have! I used a new (kinda, before I used the recipe but with chicken and without a food processor) recipe!! And they turned out very well!! Sadly like half of them fell apart when I was frying them LOL but!! they were really amazing, everyone loved them thankfully!!

My mom actually said to me, "Lisi, I don't like cooking for other people because if I mess up, I worry a lot!!" so I guess we have that in common lol☆

gyozaagainagain.jpg

This weekend, I plan on making okonomiyaki pizza again!!

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I did A LOT!!!

So, I finally made Poffins again!!! Some are filled with raspberry jelly like normal, and others are filled with french vanilla pudding, yay!!!!

IMG_5517.jpg
IMG_5521.jpg

My personal favorites are the star ones, they're so cute!!!! And they were really tasty...I totally ate them LOL!! And they might look undercooked on the inside kinda, but I think that's just how they look??? I think they were like that before...!!

So, on Friday, I made okonomiyaki pizza again!! And I just posted my recipe in my blog...so I'll quote it here too!! The pizza was delicious, it was all gone by Monday though!! Nooooooo~!!!

fullpizza!!.jpg

index.php

I'm going to make okonomiyaki tonight!!! Hopefully it goes well~!!! :)

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
And here's my recipe:

タコヤキのお好み焼きピザレシピ (takoyaki's okonomiyaki pizza recipe)

What you'll need (other than a pizza pan and a pot!):

• Oil (I think any is okay? I tend to use toasted sesame oil)
  • Pizza dough (of some kind, I just use store-bought fresh dough)
  • Yakisoba noodles (around 3 servings is in a usual pack, so do all 3!!)
  • Yakisoba sauce (ingredients for that are below, if you'd rather not buy some on your own)↓
    • 4 tbsp (tablespoons) of Worcestershire sauce
    • 4 tsp (teaspoons) of teriyaki sauce
    • 4 tsp (teaspoons) of ketchup
    • 2 tsp (teaspoons) of soy sauce
    • 2 tsp (teaspoons) of sugar
  • Shredded cabbage (don't use too much!! I usually put like, maybe 2 cups in, but do more or less to your heart's content!)
  • 2 stalks of spring onions OR green onions/scallions, chopped pretty finely (amount is to your liking!)
  • 3-5ish strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled/put into small bits (amount is to your liking!)
  • Mozzarella cheese (really just however much you think is enough, if you like lots of cheese use a lot!)
  • Panko breadcrumbs (for topping/sprinkling for fun!)
  • Kewpie mayo (for garnishing/topping!)
Instructions:
  1. To make the yakisoba sauce, if you don't have some already, just mix the Worcestershire sauce, teriyaki sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, and sugar together!! And make sure it's combined well. I think you're looking for like, a tangy taste basically? It's sweet too! I think you'll do it right, but feel free to experiment with the proportions that make it taste best to you!!
  2. To cook the yakisoba noodles, run them under hot water in a strainer first!! Make sure they're loose!
  3. Then oil your pot, and place the noodles in!! Make sure the oven is on medium-high!
  4. Just stir the noodles and make sure they're golden-brown? I think that's it...not much of a time I can say??
    • Oh, and at a point in time, probably sooner rather than later, make sure to put like 1/2 or 3/4 of the yakisoba sauce into the pot and stir, so the noodles can get some nice nice flavorrrrrr~!!
  5. Once the yakisoba is done, make sure to take them off of the heat! If you'd like, put (fresh if possible?) black pepper on the yakisoba and stir!!
  6. So now you're ready for the pizza!! Just stretch out the dough in the best way you know how, for it to fit your pizza pan! (I do about 13 inches)
  7. Once your dough is ready, preheating the oven to like 400° Fahrenheit (~205° Celsius) would be good!! And poke holes in the dough with a fork to make sure that the dough won't bubble up in the oven!!
  8. So, use a cooking brush (I don't know what they're called) or something like that to spread your extra yakisoba sauce on the dough! It won't make it soggy or anything, just do enough so that you can see the sauce on every part of the pizza, evenly? Don't use all the sauce (if you can help it), and I don't think you'll need to do so?
  9. From there, drizzle a bit of Kewpie mayo onto the dough! It's Japan's best mayo brand!! You can leave it in whatever pattern you'd like, but I like a crosshatch-style pattern!! View attachment 160946
  10. Okay, so now you're gonna put stuff into your yakisoba pot!!
    • Put the cabbage into the yakisoba pot!
    • Put the spring onions/green onions/scallions into the pot!!
    • Crumble up the bacon (or chop it up into small bits!!) if you haven't already, and add all of it into the pot!
    • Take some mozzarella cheese and put it into the pot too!
  11. Stir!! Just until you think it's combined enough, basically?
  12. You might need more cheese, because it's pizza! If that's the case, put some more on and stir!!
  13. So once everything is mixed together nicely, prepare to put it onto your pizza base/dough!!
  14. Just...put it on. It probably will seem like A LOT of stuff, and a pretty tall pizza, but it fits fine in the end!!
  15. If you'd like for it to look like a normal pizza, add some more cheese to the top!!
  16. Then drizzle some more mayo onto the top! (Pizza wasn't meant to be healthy~!!☆)
  17. Your pizza should look similar to this!! →
  18. You're almost done!! So, cover your pizza in foil (I don't know what this does but my mom suggested I do so and it worked well both times??), and then put it in the top rack of the oven, which should be at 400°F (205ish°C)!!
  19. Then just wait for about 15-20 minutes. I like waiting for a longer period of time!!
  20. Once the time you want is completed, take the foil off of the pizza!! (I like to take it off the rack using gloves, and take the foil off like that)
  21. Once the foil is off, put the pizza back into the oven!! This step is only for the cheese on the pizza to brown, so it looks more appealing!!
  22. Maybe wait like 5-10 minutes after that? Just keep an eye on your pizza so you don't burn it. Burnt pizza is still pizza, but I think that nonburnt pizza is personally way better!!!
  23. Once you're finally done with the pizza and it looks nice and not burnt and amazing, it's time to finally pull it out of the oven!! Please use gloves or that kinda thing!!!
  24. Uhmmmmm, so now you've gotta garnish it!! Sprinkle some panko breadcrumbs on there!! And if you'd like, use even more Kewpie mayo?? And drizzle some yakisoba sauce on top too~!!♪
  25. Slice it into the amount you want (I like doing eight!!), and be careful because the toppings are TAPPURI! piled on there!!!
  26. You're done!! You made pizza yesssssssssssss!!!!! Congrats~!!
View attachment 160947View attachment 160948So, you did it!! Congratulations again~!! :)

Enjoy!! If you want to eat it again within the next few days (there's probably going to be leftovers, this pizza is really filling!!), I reccomend using an air fryer at 400°F (205°C ofc!!) to heat it up! Make sure it's nice and kinda burnt, or at least crispy, then put it in the microwave for a minute to make sure it's not cold!!

And that's it!!

...To be honest, I'm not exactly sure as to why I typed this whooooooooole recipe out...but it's a recipe that I can call my own?? Which I'm super proud of!!

I hope that if you've tried this, you enjoy it!! Please tell me if you try this recipe out or if you have any questions!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Cherry Cheesecake

-Preheat Oven 325 degrees
-Mixing Bowl
-Hand Mixer
-Measuring Spoons/Cups
-Pie Crust
-Vanilla
-Lemon Juice
-Cherry Pie Filling
-Sugar
-2 Eggs
-2 Pack of Cream Cheese
-Cook in Oven for 20-30 mins
-Pour the cherry filling on top of the cheesecake
-Place the lid onto of the cheesecake,put it in the refrigerator and let it cool for a few hours before eating

Top Bottom