• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dark Arts Academy- Start Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Gryphon

Bewitched
Reaction score
@Oblivion; @The Anonymous; @RocketGruntTenshi; @Hide in Plain Sight; @RaffStriker; @Stellar Haze; @Valcarona; @Calvin the Unknown;

Somewhere in Unova, a place nobody but a select few knew where it was, a place known as the Dark Arts Academy stood. The very trees itself were dying and had no leaves, the grass was more of a brown colour, and no matter how sunny it was, the place always looked gloomy.

The Dark Arts Academy was more of an castle, with grey walls and blackened out windows so nobody could see inside. Although it still looked normal until you stepped inside, every corner looked darkened and creepy, the rooms barely had any lights, just candles lighting the way. The floor was made out of dark stones and even had what looked like dried blood. The walls were a gloomy grey like the outside.

Classrooms were filled with desks but had various of tools, for torture, murder or whatever the classrooms may be used for, they had more light with the windows but that was it. The dorms, all in one big main common room, while teachers were in another section had more light though, they were the only normal looking parts of the Academy with light brown and smooth wooden floors, light blue walls and bed that were very comfortable.

The Great Hall, used for meetings and meals, was one of the largest room in the place, and had Chandelures as light instead of normal light, there was even a shiny one high up on the roof.
In every inch and corner of the Academy you could find Zubats, Woobats, or Spinaraks and Ariados along with Joltik and Galvantula. In some rooms there were even ghost types such as Gastly and Litwick, lured here by the darkness and evil that lurks.

Students were arriving soon, by a secret train that got them there. Sirius Hades stood in his office, another gloomy room with dark walls as he stood staring out the window, the train was heard and coming. "Soon, they will arrive. And then I can take down those heroes" Sirius said softly, his voice so dark and deep but it also had an eerie calm, his eyes flickering to the train before he disappeared heading to front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Far off from the Dark Arts Academy was another, known as Academy of the Elite, an known snobby Academy. It looked quiet despite being full of students and teachers. That was until the Academy exploded into a ball of flames and a Hydreigon, carrying a woman flew out from the flames and into the sky.

"I did it! I destroyed the Academy for the Snobs! I killed everyone" a female voice sung out as Hydreigon flew away from the wreckage, laughing at it. The voice belonged to Samantha Hades, the wife of Sirius, she looked back with a crazy look staring at the flames before flying back to the Dark Arts Academy, the Hydreigon she flew on was actually Sirius's but she borrowed it, he knew she was going to destroy that Academy, it's what they liked to, destroy any neighbouring Academies, incase they discovered the truth.

"Sammy killed the Headmaster Thorton. He's dead! Deader then wood!" Samantha laughed flying closer to the Dark Arts Academy and following the train that had students on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No!" a female voice shouted, a woman tried running towards the flaming wreckage of Academy for the Elite but a Hydreigon stopped her. "No... I couldn't save them" the woman named Agent Katherine Ferguson, codename Kathany White said, tears swelling in her eyes.

"Agent Ferguson, do not approach it. They may have someone who will see you, just go back to the Academy" a voice crackled through a mic attached to Katherine's ear.

"But.. I should have able to stop her, but I was too late. That's a hundred people dead sir.. I have to do something" Katherine replied, but she knew it was very too late, nobody would have survived.

"Let the authorities deal with it, your main job is spy on the Dark Arts Academy so we can figure it out. School's starting Agent, go Kathany White" the voice on the other side ordered her, Katherine's codename was Kathany now.

"Right..Alright, I will take them down" Katherine promised before she heard cackling and saw Samantha flying away on a Hydreigon. "From this time our connection is severed until a time is deemed safe to report. Goodbye sir" Katherine said before taking the mic off and burying into the ground, she now turned to Hydreigon.

"Agent H, your name is now Deathwing, we have a job to do and we will stop them at all costs" the now Kathany told him, Deathwing nodded his main head and gave a roar while Katherine jumped onto him. "Onwards!" Kathany ordered, the dragon type took flight and flew, low to the ground as Katherine could see Samantha flying higher before both of them returned to the Dark Arts Academy.

OOC: Okay the students are just arriving to the Academy on a train. The teachers are coming out to the front door to greet the students, let's start shall we:)

Evangeline arrived at the academy, a gloomy and dark place. It felt nice. Shimo, Shanderia, and Shitai were following behind her. The girl turned to her pokemon,

"This is going to be our new home now. I want all of you to treat these people with respect, they might not be as worthless as other humans." she ordered.

Standing at the head of the train, having just jumped the gap between cartridge and platform, Isabella Carter stood, her crystalline blue eyes fixed on the castle in front of her. Her perfect ringlets of blonde hair cascaded down her back, almost seamlessly blending in to the frilly, pale yellow skirt she was wearing.

Around her, a ghostly purple aura emitted, looking to be neither substance nor gas. It hovered around her as if attached to her very frame, soft whispers being heard if one were to stand too close.

After a moment more of staring, she began to skip forwards with small, delicate steps, dragging an Abra behind her, like a teddy bear.

Last edited:
Shannon took a deep breath as he stepped off the train. He took in the sights and and smiled with sadistic glee.
" So this is the place" He giggled. "I wonder if there's anyone to play with?"

A lithe figure could barely be seen walking out of the front door to the academy, seeming to blend in with the dimness of the place. His black robes fluttered behind him slightly as he walked, and every one of his steps was punctuated with a sharp sound against the stone path. His crimson eyes searched the area, having a rather uncanny resemblance to a predator searching for prey, and his lips were curled into a smirk that bore no benevolent intentions.

"And so, our latest initiates arrive," he mused to himself, voice cold as ice, yet having an almost oily smoothness to it. "Oh, how I've been looking forward to this..."

---

Meanwhile, the sounds of humming could be heard as Heather Follia half-skipped, half-ran across the train towards the front exit as she sang along to a tune that only she knew. Floating alongside her was one of her two Pokemon, Shuppet, expression almost eerily blank; a stark contrast to his Trainer's beaming face.

However, she failed to pay attention to where she was going, and ended up bumping into Isabella, the startling contact causing her to stumble backwards and fall over, shaking her head slightly in confusion.

---

"Royal flush?! Seriously, Ace?"

That particular exclamation of shock reverberated across a good portion of the train as Drake Vandenburg, who was currently seated inside a small carriage, had lost a casual game of poker that he had started up to pass the time. The winner, his Sawk named Ace, simply gave a chuckle and threw his arms behind his head. Meanwhile, the other two participants, Drake's Sableye named Joker and his Ninjask named Wildcard, also expressed their disappointment. Joker tossed his cards onto the table in disappointment, while Wildcard threw his cards at Ace, who gave a startled flinch before picking them back up and handing them back to Drake.

"Oh. Wait, when did we get here?" Drake asked, looking out of the nearby window and realizing that the train had stopped. Hurriedly gathering his materials, he and his three Pokemon began rushing for the exit to the train. He couldn't be late right now. That would not make a good first impression on the faculty.

Having been knocked into, Isabella’s eyes turned wide as she began to topple forwards. Before she hit the ground, however, a Mismagius materialised out of the air behind her and caught her. The Mismagius set Bella back on her feet and disappeared into the air once more.

“Hello.”

The voice sounded wrong, distorted, like the high-pitched, musical voice had a deeper, gruffer one speaking in unison with it. The purple fog reached outwards towards Heather, whispering, cold as… cold.

“My name’s Isabella.” she said, dropping the Abra to the ground and offering both her hands to help Heather to her feet. “What’s yours?”

--

Of course, as soon as they heard his thoughts, there’s no doubt on this earth that Joe and Josh were excited to see him.

They stepped from the train simultaneously, in synch, and walked forwards in matching strides. They had no doubt he’d notice them. Of course he would. He noticed everything.

Zaar was creepy, like that.

Evangeline glanced at the other students that were arriving at the academy, just to know what psychopaths she would be spending years with. All of them seemed pretty normal, that's what they all want you to think. Inside, everyone was hiding a dark secret somewhere. She finally saw the little seven year old girl, with cute golden locks of hair and crystal eyes. It scared Evangeline, it looked just like that little girl from last year.

No... no... it can't be! It's not her! I killed her, this one isn't her, this one is alive. But the girl looked just like Evangeline's sister. It was frightening, it gave her the feeling that her work wasn't done. She had killed her sister last year, this girl couldn't be her. Evangeline quickly looked away from them, and continued walking toward the school. But that girl's appearence brought back painful yet beautiful memories. Shimo could feel the golden eyed girl's emotions, and it hovered a little closer to her.

OOC: Isabella's appearence was really similar to Evangeline's sister, so I had to bring it up! :D

Miles stood at the entrance of the school, wearing a black suit, black shirt and crimson tie. He scanned the new charges carefully, his face not betraying any hints of emotion.

Sirius arrived to the huge castle doors before opening it to see the students standing outside. A manic cackling could be heard while Sirius stepped out and stood over the students, the cackling got louder before Samantha arrived, jumping off the Hydreigon she stood next to her husband with a wide and crazy grin, the Hydreigon flew over the castle roaring as it went.

"These are our new students? Brimming with darkness they are. shall we turn them into merciless warriors?" Samantha asked before laughing once more, Sirius merely looked at her and then the students.

"I am Sirius Hades, and this is my wife Samantha. I am the Headmaster and I welcome you to the Dark Arts Academy, the school for the wicked and the insane" Sirius spoke in a dark voice. "If you enter, going straight and turning left you will find the Great Hall, where breakfast will be served and we will wait for anymore students" Sirius added watching them with his dark eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine wasn't too far as she landed, staring at the Headmaster and then Samantha, who was the reason her parents died Katherine wanted to arrest her so much. "Thank you Deathwing, now return" Katherine ordered, now as Kathany pulling out a pokeball, she could see Agent H's, the Hydreigon's eyes filling with worry and concern, unlike the first Hydreigon roaring overhead flying around the school, Agent H had more of a compassionate soul, loyal to the very end. "I will be okay" Kathany assured as Hydreigon was absorbed into the pokeball.

Taking a deep breath she walked up before going to stand with the others, right next to Headmaster Hades, she hoped nobody could figure out her angle, so copying Samantha she just placed a wicked, or attempted to do a wicked grin at the students.

Shannon giggled as he entered, eyeing the other students. "I see a few potential playmates..." He kept giggling all the way to the Great Hall.

Evangeline pushed back the past from her mind and focused more on the present. She looked inside the gloomy black castle, she liked the mood it set.

"These people seem welcoming, possibly trustworthy. But let's not take any chances..." she whispered to her pokemon. This was a rare thing for her to say that humans were trustworthy, she hadn't trusted anyone but pokemon since she was about ten, maybe eleven. Evangeline just followed the headmaster's instructions and walked to the Great Hall, illuminated by Chandelures.

"My name's Heather!" the girl said, quickly picking herself back up. "And this is Lucy!" However, when referring to this person, she pointed to her right, even though there wasn't anything to point at but thin air. Giving a confused blink, she retracted her arm. "Oh yeah, that's right! I keep forgetting, you can't see Lucy. Only I can!"

She then examined the purple fog that was reaching towards her, and tilted her head to the side in a quizzical manner. "Lucy says you look funny. What's that purple-y stuff, anyways?"

---

Zaar did a double take when he saw two particular faces that he recognized, and his grin only intensified. "Ah, Joseph and Joshua Antonimous! It's been a while!" he said, his voice growing genuine enthusiasm, but still not losing that cold edge to it as he spoke to the twins. "I trust that you two have been doing well, yes?"

---

And Drake, who just then managed to reach the exit of the train, was silently observing the other students from behind his sunglasses as he made his way towards the Great Hall, now absent-mindedly tossing a pair of dice into the air above his right palm, his Pokemon following behind him. He was going to be stuck with these people for a while, so he might as well get to know them first. He noticed Evangeline, who looked somewhat shaken.

"S'cuse me, miss?" he asked. "Is there something wrong?"

Last edited:
“Lucy?” Isabella asked in confusion, picking the Abra back up by the arm. “No, I can’t see her! She must be invisabubble.” Bella paused as she listened to Heather’s question. “It’s my ghost.” she said, as the purple gas/fog retreated and wrapped itself around her once more. “He doesn’t like people vewry much, so he twries to scare them.

“I told him you’re my fwriend, though, so he wont scare you anymore.” She glanced towards the castle again. “Come on, Heaffer! Teachers are waiting for us.”

--

“Oh, quite well, yes.” said Joe as the two reached Zaar. “I must say, this is the best I’ve ever seen you.”

“Yeah, you almost look happy, or something.” Josh added, his voice thick with the venom of sarcasm.

“You haven’t blown up another crime syndicate, have you?” they demanded together.

Tiarra stepped carefully off the train, and looked around. "Hell of a place I was sent to." She said to herself. "And so many potential new playmates... this could be fun."

"What? Just because I kill people on a constant basis doesn't mean I can't be happy every now and then," Zaar said with a sheepish shrug. "And no, I haven't. As much as I've wanted to at times, I'm afraid that little imp called common sense managed to work its way into my brain. Annoying little thing."

As he became lost in his own ramblings, Zaar only then noticed that there was someone else to talk to. "Ah, but as much as I would love to stay and chat, the others are waiting for us. Be seeing you."

With that, he turned around and began heading for the Great Hall. If the Antonimous twins were here, then this would be very interesting. Whether it would be interesting in the good way or bad way, he was yet to determine, but either way, he'd enjoy it.

---

"Wait, how can you have a ghost? You're not dead..." Heather asked, her question dissipating as Bella headed off for the Great Hall. Her Shuppet had become noticeably agitated when the purple mist had come close, but shook it off once Bella had left. Heather turned her head to the right, giving a confused glance towards "Lucy", before running off after Bella, her Shuppet trailing behind her, still somewhat shaken after meeting with this strange girl.

Sirius, Samantha and Katherine each also headed into the Great hall where many servants were placing breakfast meals onto the long tables with chairs suited for them. At the top was a stage, a table and a chair for each teacher which the three sat on, Sirius sat in the center. Above them, illuminating the light aleasts ten to fifteen Chandelures were quietly humming an haunting tune, in the core of them was a different colored Chandelure, it's flames an orange color rather then purple.

"Welcome to the Dark Arts Academy. There will be no classes until tomorrow as we will be sorting out the schedule. Please feel free to wander the halls and do whatever you may" Sirius spoke up, his voice seemed to be heard all over the hall.

"Yes! Listen to Headmaster Hades or you will be the one on the table. You never know what might want to eat you" Samantha said before laughing and smirking at Katherine, who had to hide her disgust and smiled back.

"Yeah.. really funny" Katherine said softly before looking down at her own meal of pancakes and sorted other breakfast foods.

"The rules are very few, only to not kill anyone or steal, or betray in this Academy. The last one is an serious offence, to betray the Academy means death" Sirius went on as Samantha nodded her head looking like she was hyperactive.

"And it's not just death. You will be tortured, maimed and forced to watch everyone you love die, your Pokemon will suffer first" Samantha said still laughing before gobbling her food up.

"That is all. Commence eating" Sirius finished being a man of words, not speaking too much as he watched the students, hoping they could help him with his mission.

Katherine in the meanwhile chugged down her orange juice very fast to stop her from responding to Samantha's insane but true words, if she made one step, did something stupid then she could very well suffer the pain of this, she thought of Elizabeth and the sort of pain she could go through if she was caught, she couldn't allow that so she had to do her best.

"As I always say, everything can be punished by death. Most people just decide not to."

That particular quip came from Zaar as he made his way into the Grand Hall, making his way towards the table where the other teachers were seated, taking his spot on one of the far edges, and noticeably not paying any real attention to the food in front of him. "And, to those of you who were astute enough to notice, violence is not technically prohibited by any means," he said to the students. "If you have a problem that can only be solved with some good, old-fashioned fighting, then by all means, feel free to do so. We'll look the other way, so long as it doesn't reach levels where someone could get killed.

"And, just as a forewarning, even though common sense should dictate that you don't try and take any swings at the faculty, I'd like to advise that you not do so. I know that I, for one, would not hesitate to respond in kind, and I'm fairly sure that the others would react similarly."

Sure, it probably wasn't a good idea to point that out. But he could honestly care less what happens to the academy. If there was a chance to raise some chaos and get away with it, then he was going to take it.

Shannon ate his food in a greedy yet ladylike matter. "Haven't eaten like this in forever!" He looked around at the others, smiling quite unnaturally.

Evangeline ate the food, but she was now very catious about what Hades said. She still wasn't sure if she could trust anyone here, and if she ran away, they would find her. The least thing she could wish for was the death of her pokemon, for they were the only one's she truly loved. But could they really die? They were all ghost pokemon, but does that mean they're already dead?
---
Jon watched as all the students took their seats in the Great Hall. Of course, he wouldn't be sitting with all the teachers, he wasn't good enough to be at their level. He was just the school's "nurse". But he loved new students, especially the younger ones, how gullible they were. He would easily scare them with his dark jokes, the older ones would most likely laugh along. He wickedly smiled, but to everyone else, his expression would be blank, for his mask showed no emotion.

Tiarra smiled to herself as she listened to the rules. It was more or less a restatement of her own rules of life. She slowly and daintily ate her food, watching the other students to see if she liked one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom