• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Diamonds in the Logo

Mitchman

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
http://i.********/vp/1456500719155.jpg
So, as everyone can see, there are diamonds in the Japanese logo. These are in the same place as the mega sigil, which likely means its some new mechanic of the same level. Basically what can they be? Personally, abd don't kill me, but I think fusions might actually be happening. The gold one reminds me of the one in tye DNAsplicers.

Well it might be similar to the whole B2/W2 thing with the opposite stones being obtained in the respective games. Moon Legendary being obtained in Sun and Sun Legendary being obtained in Moon or vice versa the villain goes for the opposite jewel in the different versions to awake that legendary to wreck havoc on the moon/sun/the planet.

I don't think it would be fusions. I feel like that's the kind of thing that would stay exclusive to Kyurem as a gimmick. At any rate, it's a huge can of worms to go opening.

Ok I commented on this in the wrong thread didn't realize there was an entire thread for the gems XD

They are either a feature of the legendaries similar to B2W2's logos relation to Kpyurem's forms... OR they are a new mechanic similar to the DNA mega evolution symbols in the Japanese XY logos...

The fact that the diamond shaped pieces in the logo are absent in the English logos is an annoyance, as they did the same with the mega evolution symbol in the English X/Y logos. In retrospect, the Japanese X/Y logos gave the hint that mega evolution would play a big part in the story amd they did. Like Zeb pointed out, same for the OR/AS logos. The localisation just cuts these allusions out entirely, which kinda just feels like they're butchering it a bit.

I don't think it will be a different mechanic, but a similar one to mega evolution, maybe even simplified (though this adds more to it so I don't know).

The fact that the diamond in the Moon logo is Sun's colour and vice-versa, might be that the mascots will be reversed, much like BW and how Reshiram was the mascot for Black and Zekrom for White?

The fact that the diamond shaped pieces in the logo are absent in the English logos is an annoyance, as they did the same with the mega evolution symbol in the English X/Y logos.
I feel like that's because the English logos don't have a clever logo joke available because they use the same font/logo for the word "Pokémon" rather than dynamically changing it like the Japanese (and Korean, and presumably Chinese) logos do.

Speaking of, can someone bring up that Korean tweet from July 2015? I'd like to see if the diamonds are present there. The one thing I remember is that the logo in that, whatever it was, looked much closer to the Japanese XY logos (fully 3D) rather than going back to 2D like these ones do.

Something related to the legendaries and the general plot... Don't think it's a new mechanic, but probably a "key item". Stone or something similar that plays a huge role in the plot and open various facilities.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks for that. Still, whatever the above image was meant to be, it's super uncanny.

Okay, thanks for that. Still, whatever the above image was meant to be, it's super uncanny.

According to somebody in the comments, the fakes are called "Day and Night."

It's similar, I'll grant you, but fans have been playing with the Day/Night or Sun/Moon themes for a long time. It's kind of an easy one to jump to. :p

My guess is that either they're just their for aesthetic or that they're some sort of item used in the game, likely the latter.

The one in Moon's logo vaguely resembles the gems on Magearna's chest:

Magearna_XY_anime.png

So there might be a connection there.

Magearna's little bunny ears do make me think of a possible connection to the Moon Rabbit in East Asian folklore, as well.

Interesting enough is, that these diamonds are placed on the spot of these light wells/light balls or whatever we should call this on the background. So maybe a gem, that are related to the Sun/Moon? I think that could be some kind of Red/Blue orb kind of thing to control the legendary/call them. I don't really think these are another kind of evolution.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom