• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Diaries of Black and White

ShinyBreeder

Reaction score
Seeing as peoples orders are beginning to be shipped and these threads will probably begin to pop up very soon I just thought I'd start this up....

I guess say if you like the game or not, your starter, and progress updates....

MOD NOTE: This is the first BW progress report thread, so it shall be the only one. Any duplicates made will be locked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I don't know whether to stay away from this thread or not. It's sure to contain spoilers, however it would also have non-spoiler material that I'd be interested in.

bumping for those in posession of the game and dying to share their progress

My room got destroyed after the first battle, then the male friend/enemy healed me and the girl, then I battled him.

Still waiting for my game to arrive so nothing to post yet but I have spent the past hour or so on the global link dream world bit! I've planted some berries and going out for a stroll now. Has anyone else had a look at the site yet?

I am talking to the professor now. I also got my pokemon from a present box.

So I just started my game and am playing as the girl. In my english copy I'll be the guy, but for now I think I'll have a female main character.

Pick Smugleaf. Because he surprisingly my favorite starter. Go figure.

Chose the guy, I can't choose the opposite gender (not sexism if I were a girl, I'd pick the girl). My name ニコラス.

So I chose Tsutarja, beat the crap out of Belle and her Mijumaru (Critical Hit KO), then Cheren came and was beating me but he started doing Tail Whip and I won. The room ended up thrashed.

I wondered how they would do this, but at night when you walk out it's Koromori that is on your lawn instead of the pigeon.

Just started the game. I also picked the girl and Smugleaf.
No, I did not intend to copy Ryuu, I chose them before viewing this thread today.

I really wish I was better at Japanese, I can only pick up a few words here and there.

And also, the intro (N getting crowned) is waaay cooler when you see it for yourself.

Decided my better judgment was smarter. I'm restarting with Miju and as the boy. Smugleaf is all looks, no substance.

Came home from work and started playing. Female character, grass starter. Had a massive brain fart from being tired where I could not for the life of me figure out how to get the menu up. I kept hitting the wrong button, somehow refusing to believe it could be the button it actually was. Go me. I just finished the professor's lesson on catching pokemon. I'm seriously disliking the female character's bag thingies. Way too girly for me. Is there a photo in the archives yet of the male character's bag?

If I may ask, how so? Does it have a bad starting movepool?

I think it's stats are poorly distributed. But hey, I'm going by what other members have said about Tsutarja's line.

And that being said, I'm definitely getting Miju. I was considering getting Tsu since Jaroda looks awesome, but now...

If I may ask, how so? Does it have a bad starting movepool?

Well, most of what it learns is grass, which is incredibly ineffectual this early on, and its offensive stats leave something to be desired. They aren't horrible, but in my opinion, what we really have is a better looking Meganium here.

I see Tsutarja ended up being a crappy Pokémon, but I'm gonna be hardcore and keep going with him. Mama gave me the Livecaster. Google translated its description as "TV cameras feature the latest model with a transceiver can receive calls from up to 4 people". Is this a Wi-Fi sorta item??

I remember one of the commercials advertising that if you had a DSi you could livecast with other players. I'm not sure if it's wi-fi though since in the ad, the four people who were using the livecaster were in the same room.

And that's too bad about Tsutarja... actually now that you mentioned Meganium, it seems Tsutarja3's stats are all around worse than Meganium's save for its speed. I think I'll go for it anyway, though, but when the English version comes around, I'll probably go for Mijumaru instead.

Last edited:
I've saved Pokabu for the English version, so I went with Mijumaru on Pokemon Black. I got to the first town and oh my god is the Plasma music just awesome or what? I caught Yooterii (the dog) and Choroneko (the cat), as well as Minezumi, but I boxed the last two - the puppy is awesome and cute!

Anyway, I beat Dento (and getting a new badge has an awesome little cutscene) with the fire monkey (you get the opposite type of your starter) you get from the girl by the abandoned warehouse rather than anything else. I thought giving away Boappu straight up was a little too much for the beginning, but considering I spammed potions throughout Dento's gym battle, (Yooterii and Miju died ;-;) I was far better off using it.

Now I'm off to face Team Plasma members at the abandoned warehouse east of um, Dento's town, lol. Belle is tagging along, I guess. I'm gonna save Munna, yay!

I remember one of the commercials advertising that if you had a DS you could livecast with other players. I'm not sure if it's wi-fi though since in the ad, the four people who were using the livecaster were in the same room.

The Live Caster (only in the DSi and 3DS) can be used via Wi-Fi between two persons to video chat.

Pocket Monsters Black
Trainer Rudy
IDNo. 61041
Pokémon Breeder (ポケモンブリーダー)

-Started the adventure with a female Pokabu, Adamant nature, Likes to trash about (I hope it got an IV of 31 in Attack).
-Battled N's Choroneko.
-EV training Pokabu in Attack with wild Yorterry and Minezumi.

BTW is it my idea or Belle's dad doesn't want her to go traveling around??? It's hard to translate what Google translates from Japanese :p

Back
Top Bottom