• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Diaries of Black and White

Desert resort. Just entered the Relic Castle. I NEED that Archeops fossil. (Don't know the name of the first Evo.)

beat the first gym, and i have to say two things.

A: i LOVE the animation it shows when you get a badge.
B: i also love the one that plays when plasma challanges you.

currently grinding around outside of Hipster City(Nacrene) in a
cave trying to find a RoggenRolla,who i will name Pressly or Mercury depending on gender.

Party
Major Oshawhat Lvl 16
Tist Lilipup Lvl 15
Vine Purrloin Lvl 12
Remming Pidove lvl 12

About to challenge Lenora.

I have:
Timburr (Swoppy) male: Level 15
Oschawatt (Bubbles) male: Level 17
Panswear (Moot) male: Level 14
Munna (Snuggle) female: Level 15

I wish I had more female pokemon. It's REALLY bothering me.

EDIT: I JUST BEAT LENORA. I BARELY won. I only had my Oshawatt left, and she ended up knocking my Oshowatt down to 2 HP. If she would've attacked one more time I would've lost. Eeeeek. I'm honestly surprised I won because she knocked out my pokemon pretty quickly.

Last edited:

I have:

I don't see why the genders of Pokémon should matter in anything else than breeding (and maybe dodging Attract since female Pokémon seem to carry it around more often)...

I have:

EDIT: I JUST BEAT LENORA. I BARELY won. I only had my Oshawatt left, and she ended up knocking my Oshowatt down to 2 HP. If she would've attacked one more time I would've lost. Eeeeek. I'm honestly surprised I won because she knocked out my pokemon pretty quickly.

Are you refusing to evolve Oshawott?

I don't see why the genders of Pokémon should matter in anything else than breeding (and maybe dodging Attract since female Pokémon seem to carry it around more often)...

It's just an irrelevant pet peeve. Ever since Pokemon were given genders on the games, I've always caught female pokemon only (Unless it was one that is rare to find, a shiny or was given to me). It's just a small tick I have. -shrug-

Are you refusing to evolve Oshawott?

Yeah. I don't want it to evolve. I know it will be stronger once it evolves, but I want it to stay in Oshawott a little while longer.

Just got to Mistralton cave. All my pokemon are over level 30 and I'm trying to train my new team member, Aragog the Joltik. So far, so good.

Finally my little team has made it to roughly level 40s,lowest is 38. We've made it to relic castle, and are clobbering those silly plasma guys.

So far the team is
Schnell the Serperior (m) 39
Finn the Scrafty (m)39
Jaspill the Jellicent (m) 40
Gorgos the Krookodile (m) 40
Yumi the Eelektrik (f)39
and Storch the Archeops (m)39

My level 38 mugi the scolipede is boxed for now, same with Flit the swoobat,level 39

On our journey we've traded with others and even got a shiny axew (not for trade) in the wild. It's all slowly coming down to the wire, soon we will defeat the elite four..when we get there.

im roughly at 40 hours in

Last edited:
Just beat Clay yesterday, by some stroke of luck. Nearing the end of Chargestone Cave.

Team:

Zorua, level 29
Tranquill, level 29
Panpour, level 29
Servine, level 30
Zebstrika, level 30
Herdier, level 30

Ergh, college will probably hinder how much further I get in the future. -_-

I'm about to tackle Lenora.

Team:
Roggenrola, level 17
Pidove, level 17
Panpour, level 18
Servine, level 19
Timburr, level 17
Blitzle, level 9

I'll trade out Timburr and Roggenrola eventually, as they require trading for their final evolution, and I'm not able to do so.
I don't need a ground/rock and fighting type anyway.

Also, I try to ignore shaking grass unless I'm really in need of blatant level grinding. Then I just use it to speed up the process.

I have 3 badges and I'm currently working on my fourth in Nimbasa City.

Current Team:
Roggenrola @ lv 21
Panpour @ lv 23
Durdurr @ lv 27
Servine @ lv 24
Darumaka @ lv 25
Audino @ lv 15 (She will be my next pokemon to actively train. I've just had her with the party doing absolutely nothing)

After this electric gym, I'm gonna also throw in Woobat and Blitzle to train.

samurott/m/level 44
zoroark/f/level 44
victini/g/level 43
sigilyph/f/level 39

just beat the 8th gym leader on my way to victory road.

Okay, here's a quick update on my Pokémon White playthrough:

- the Elektrolith Cave is my favourite cave of all time. The look, the feel, the Pokémon...pretty cool.
The very first Pokémon I encountered there was, surprisingly, a Tynamo which only shows up by a 2% percentage chance. Of course I caught it, named it Zutzel. Finally something to counter water Pokémon on my team other than my monkey.

- I love how well the rivals are woven into the story. DP did this pretty good, but BW really makes Bell and Cheren likable.

- Thanks to my cheated winter I was able to get a Chubchoo and named it Rotzi. I will use it as my surfing Pokémon. I switched back to March after capturing the icebear. Autunm looks rather amazing. ^^

- Géraldine/Skyla was a joke, really. ^^" I like her the best design-wise, but her team didn't stand a chance against my Archeos (massive training! :p), Cubchoo and Tynamo. Every on of them got a win and none of my Pokémon were knocked out.

- Cerapendra and Yanappu had to move to the box for a while now. Vegimak/Yanappu finally evolved thanks to my Leafstone. I tought it Flash in order to help me out in further caves. Cerapendra is still at level 34 and I should really use it more, but the icebear and eel need some training first.

- finally able to fly to places thanks to Archen evolving. I was kinda shocked that Archen couldn't learn fly and was afraid that Archeos wouldn't be able to do so as well.

- quick skip to Brycen, the silent movie star. My Tynamo and Cubchoo evolved on my way to Brycen, my trusty Pig reached its final stage as well. So just my Zuruggu and Eelektrik need to reach their final stages.
Zuruggu, Beartic and Archeos swept the gym with ease ^^"

Here's my team as of yet:

Die Wutz - Emboar , level 38
Mr.Shlüppa - Scraggy , level 37
Optinella - Archeos , level 39
Grabowski - Excadrill, level 38
Rotzi - Beartic , level 37
Zutzel - Eelektrik , level 37

Box:
Brolly - Vegichita , level 35
Schleicher - Cerapendra , level 34

Wow I feel like I'm pretty far behind. I just got to Castelia city and picked up Victini and Zoura and working on getting them up to level. I'm mostly between 16 and 21 or so

Whew. Just finished getting the Quake Badge. I actually have a log in my blog, of sorts, keeping a running of my journey in full rambling and insanitiness glory.

I can't really tell if it's been really any harder than the previous versions, but I think it has been. The first few gyms at least. I appear to have hit my stride as my pokemon for each gym are closer to the Gym Leader's levels.

Nothing really interesting so far. Nothing on the scale of shinies, anyway.

Party:
Louis XIV (Servine ♂) Lv. 30
Selle (Zebstrika ♀) Lv. 27
La Fontain (Panpour ♀) Lv. 31
Dune (Krokorok ♀) Lv. 29
Chu~♪ (Swoobat ♀) Lv. 25
Detritus (Gigalith ♂) Lv. 26

loving the terry pratchett reference! Currently about to take on Opelucid gym. Had a few close calls, but not been defeated yet!

Ghetsis is difficult. By Ghetsis, I mean Hydreigon. It took out my main 4 members several times until I just gave up.

Got to borrow a friend's DS, so I got to try the Poké Transfer Lab. I transferred three batches of Pokémon from Gen IV, including a lot of legends and a few shinies (which means I get shiny main view entries in the Pokédex for some Pokémon ^^). Oh, and while the uppercase names aren't fixed when transferring, if the Pokémon is able to evolve, it will fix its name upon evolution. *points at a shiny Primeape called Primeape, not PRIMEAPE*

Ghetsis is difficult. By Ghetsis, I mean Hydreigon. It took out my main 4 members several times until I just gave up.

That Hydreigon got me too! Almost beat me completely! Luckily my trusty Emboar's Brick Break could finish it ;)

Does anyone know what I can do post-game?

Just about to battle Lenora, I tried to beat her before with everybody sub lvl 15 and no fighting/psychic and had my ass handed to me on a plate. So I played around in Pinwheel forest for awhile and took Munna from storage.

Currently refusing to evolve some Pokemon because I barely got used to them being this cute!

Party:
Basil (Pansage) LVL 16 Male
Buffy (Lillipup) Lvl 16 Female
Mort (Pidove) Lvl 17 Male
Meemo (Munna) lvl 20 Female
Bizzle (Blitzle) lvl 16 female
Baconator (Tepig) lvl 17 male

Trying to catch a Sawk in the Pinwheel Forest in white... which means I have to use the "shaking patches" method. And it has a 5% chance of showing up in one of those patches. So after half an hour, I finally find one, start to whittle its HP down, need one more attack, and... crit.

I raged.

Ha! To be honest that's one of the reasons I bought Black (and my Throh has a perfect Attack IV, according to serebii's <3). And still, the same thing happened to me when I tried to get a Drilbur. Fortunately, I met another one just a few minutes later.

Because of work I play at much one or two hours per day, so I'm taking the slow path. Currently I'm doing the Battle Subway. My winning streak is 5. Then I saved and quit for work. This nite I'm resuming my battles and once I'm done, I'll be challenging Elessa. Apart from that, my current party is:

Tezozomoc (Dewott)- Lv 28
Olivia (Drilbur)- Lv. 26
Li (Throh)- Lv. 26
Victor (Victini. I wanted a Volcarona for my fire type Poké but I got tired of waiting. Unfortunately, it's IV's suck. It has a near-to perfect HP, but all its other IV's are 0. Which compensates for the ubertier and makes it not a broken Poké)

Back
Top Bottom