• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Diaries of Black and White

So it was finally released here today.

easy sweep of the first gym, once I found out i got given a monkey..quickly progressed to the 2nd gym..playtime is 3 hours cos I was setting up a computer at the same time.

I'm now in Dragonspiral Tower. I evolved Tranquill, addeded an Axew to my team and evolved it.

Just now:

Burn, baby, burn! (Reshiram crys out)
Me: ... O_O

Current team:
pansage: lvl 13
Pignite: lvl 21
Patrat: lvl 4
Purrloin: lvl 7
lillipup: lvl 14
pidove: lvl 12

Got Black today, am in the 2nd gym, my team is-

*Dewott-Lv 20
*Panpour-Lv 13
*Lilipup-Lv 13?
*Woobat-Lv 13-14

Just entered Twist Mountain, my Servine just evolved into a Serperior (loving the name).

My current team is:
Serperior Lv.36
Stoutland Lv.38
Unfezant Lv.35
Duosion Lv.39
Panpour Lv.38

I HAVE FINALLY DONE IT! I finally beat Elesa. That flipping Volt Switch is ridiculously annoying. I used my Gurdurr with Rock Throw to take out the Emolga (using healing potions since 2 volt switches would knock me down to about 1/3 of my health). Once those 2 were done away with, she brought out Zeb...whatever that electrical zebra is called. I leached seeded him with my Servine and waited for him to Flame Charge me, as I went back and healed my Gurdurr. Once Servine faited, I brought back my Gurdurr and watched him do a volt switch with no one to switch to. Rock Throwed and got the benifits of Leech Seed as well. Twas a good battle...

Time Check: 14:23 since Sunday.

Currently in Icirrus City. Here us my team that I have decided on

Serperior- Lvl. 40
Unfezant- Lvl. 39
Krookodile-Lvl. 41
Darmanitan- Lvl. 40
Carracosta- Lvl. 38
Cubchoo- Lvl. 36

o_O Damn, Grave-E. Thanks to you I realised how much time I've wasted on Pokémon White already...

42 hours to be precise. ^^"

I just beat the main-story. Damn, this 3-headed dragon was though. Focus Blast, Surfer AND Fire Blast? These attacks covered all of my Pokémon! Barely survived...more on the E4 later.

o_O Damn, Grave-E. Thanks to you I realised how much time I've wasted on Pokémon White already...

42 hours to be precise. ^^"
Well, with yours and the other folks times, I don't feel quite so bad now :p

Anywho, currently getting ready to go to Twist Mountain, and caught two of the three muskedeers. Rest of the events include;

- I really wanted to train a Ducklett after watching BW20 a couple of weeks back, so going over that drawridge and running into one every couple of seconds was heartbreaking.

- Shame there weren't any wild pokemon inside the cold storage. You'd expect the Vanilite to be in the freezer, not piddling around outside for the sun to exact it's wrath.

- I haven't said this yet but; The towns in this game have some seriously kick-arse music. I really wasn't expecting to hear those when I reached Driftveil and Mistralton! :D

- Clay wasn't as difficult as I expected he'd be at first, but then Excadrill comes in, honing it's claws and going all Wolverine on my team. It eventualy came down to him and my Drillbur, Mountain. Guess who won, in glorious cliche anime style? :p

- I love the look of Chargestone cave and it's glowing rock formations. The electric sparks generated as you run in the vicinity of the larger rocks is a nice touch in particular. I'm also liking the fact that I 'm 6 gyms in and haven't had to go through any swarms of Woobat or Roggenrola. Didn't have much trouble running into Tynamo though, despite their low encounter rate. Hell, 2 in a row turned up at one point.

- ...I feel rather stupid for not noticing that N has just been using pokemon from around the area each time we've fought. It makes him kind of easy to defeat tbh, though with that said, the implication he's been releasing them after each battle makes his claims of wanting to liberate pokemon more sound

- Skyla's overworld sprite sure is leggy, huh?

- Unfortunately, being leggy doesn't mean your pokemon can stand-up to my team! Swoobat went down like a rock, and Swanna didn't fare any better either. It might be worth noting that I was using a Scraggy to take these birds down.

- I love the old guy in route 7's house. "At least when she's cooking she stops yammering."

EVOLUTION TIME

Quite a few evos going down all at once!

- Beating Clay's Excadrill gave Mountain just enough exp to go up a level and evolve. Into an Excadrill. Don't you just love it when evolutions like that happen?

- Haribosis, TwoTonTomb and DaRumMate all evolved while grinding in the ChargeStone Cave and Route 7. Especially easy at the latter, thanks to the huge amount of exp the Zebstrika and Audino give out with that Lucky Egg!

- M.C 'Guana evolved while exploring some of the earlier routes with Surf. I think that, given what he evolves into, its kind of appropriate he had to beat a Simisage in order to do so.

- Only one left to go through an evolution is Ma' Nivore, though she is still a very reliable pokemon despite that. I do like that, even in their earlier forms, the pokemon in this game are more than capable of putting up a good fight!

Da Posse;
The Fernz (Simisage) - level 43
Mountain (Excadrill) - level 40
Ma' Nivore (Vullaby) - level 39
DaRumMate (Darmanitan) - level 40
M.C 'Guana (Scrafty) - level 39
TwoTonTomb (Cofarigus) - level 38
Haribosis (Duosion) - level 39

Last night I caught Cobalion and Virizion. That's really it.

Anyway, time to play catch-up...

* Going for Burgh, I used my Pignite, Roggenrola, and Cubchoo. Pignite pretty much destroyed everyone with Flame Charge, but I let Roggenrola take down Burgh's Dwebble and the various Venipede's in the Gym, and Cubchoo took down a few members of the Sewaddle team.

* For Elesa, I used Golett, my new Boldore, and Cubchoo. During the Elesa fight, I had Golett use Iron Defense twice, healed it, and then killed her entire team with Roll Out. By the time I had defeated her two Emolga with it, one Roll Out was strong enough to OHKO her Zebstrika.

* Next was Clay, and I went with Cubchoo, Gurdurr, and Golett. Gurdur's Fighting-attacks were super-effective against Krokorok and Excadrill, but I still had some difficulty and lost the first time to his Palpitoad's Muddy Water! I leveled up my guys a bit, and got back in there and took them down!

* Did a lot of training via the Lucky Egg and the EXP. Bonus I got from the Entralink, and I'm currently training my guys at the Stadiums to take on Skyla. For her, I'm using Elgyem, Cubchoo, and Boldore, but I want to evolve Cubchoo because he's just not cutting it at the moment. He's so slow, and basically my strategy for him is using Icy Wind, hoping the speed decrease allows him to go first, and then following it up with another Icy Wind. Same with Elgyem...he only knows Psychic and Psybeam right now, so he's pretty non-versatile.

My team right now is...

Hammurabi the Emboar: Still pretty strong all around, I just wish he learned some better Fire and Fighting moves already...Arm Thrust and Flame Charge aren't too good.

Gesundheit the Cubchoo: My weakest member, slow and can't take a hit, so it's annoying leveling him up even against Flying, Grass, and Ground Pokemon. Hope he evolves soon! Oh, and I can't wait to get Surf! That'll help!

Mulder the Elgyem: Even though he was hatched with Psychic, he's pretty fragile, but the Eviolite alleviated that a bit. He doesn't get much use, since he's SE against NONE of the Gyms this time, but when he evolves I imagine he'll be an all around powerful Psychic user. Need to find him some good TMs too, so he'll have more coverage.

The Rock the Boldore: Probably my strongest member, her Rock Slide always helps out, and she can take hits like nobody else on my team.

Timburlain the Gurdurr: Next to The Rock, my strongest teammate, offensive wise, as I pretty much depend on him when I run up against a Pokemon everyone else is weak against...which for me, is Water Pokemon, as I have no coverage against that type. Sheer Force MOTHERFUCKERS!

Iron Giant the Golett: Another Pokemon I imagine I'll get more use of when he evolves, he's pretty niche for me as I don't use him too much, but his Shadow Punch and Roll Out helps out quite a bit. Going through Celestial Tower, recently, for instance, was easy thanks to this dude. Also can't wait till he evolves and I teach him Fly!

I've got like, 18 hours on my game, btw, at Misaltron.

I just started the game last night, I ended up choosing Oshawott because my sister had already chosen Tepig and I don't like Serperior very much even though his Hidden Ability breaks the game.

I'm currently training my team of Dewott (lv. 19), Herdier (lv. 17), Pansear (lv. 15), Blitzle (lv. 15), and Timburr (lv. 15) in Pinwheel Forest. I just want my Timburr up to level 18 before I go in to battle Lenora.

Caught a Tyranitar earlier....... I was on Route 15 for about 30-45 minutes looking for it, but it was all worth it! Now I can put him on a sandstorm team with my Excadrill. I'll also probably catch a Lillipup/Herdier w/Sand Rush. However, I'll also drop my Sand Rish Excadrill in favor of a Sand Force Excadrill. EQ can sweep with that!

And as expected I had trouble with Elesa. I was lucky that Zebstrika used quick attack so often or I wouldn't have beaten her after my third try

So busy playing the game I neglected this. Anyway, since last time:

- Caught the event Zoroark with Suicune. She'll be use to make many, many baby Zoruas.

- Elesa and Clay were pretty tough, but Skyla and Brycen were pretty easy - I destroyed them without losing any of my Pokemon, and on Brycen I only lost a sliver of HP on, I think, one Pokemon.

- I also caught Cobalion and Virizion - While Virizion was caught after just a few Dusk Balls, Cobalion took up all my Ultra and Dusk Balls, and was caught in my second-to last Timer Ball. Cobalion really helped a lot in the Ice gym, along with my Emboar and shiny Darmanitan (the last of which I rotate in and out of my team).

- I'm currently in Opelucid about to challenge the Gym. My team actually resembles the one in my sig now, except Golett hasn't evolved yet and I have Virizion instead of the HM slave Alomomola.

That's pretty much everything notable.

Team status:
Emboar (Babe)- Level 42
Simisage (Cheetah)- Level 38
Zoroark (Tyler)- Level 37
Galvantula (Ungoliant)- Level 37
Golett (currently unnamed)- Level 38
Virizion (Aramis)- Level 43

Woo! multi-tasking!

i'm currently searching through pinwood forest for a pansage, so i can trade it for a sandile, while leveling pokmon, and trying to decide witch pokmon to trade out for when i get a galvanchula
i'm leaning toward Pidove...

Just got White today! :D

So far, I only have 1 badge. I chose Oshawott and actually lost my battle against Bianca's Tepig. Damn critical hits. Two in a row. I took down Cheren's Snivy with ease. I got my thingamabob from my mom, my ipod pokedex from Prof. Juniper, and the town map, then went on my way. Since Oshawott wasn't level 6 yet, I beat the 1st pokemon I saw on route 1 then caught a Lilipup. I went on through tutorial mode, listened to Ghetsis' yapping and went on to the next town. I got Pansear (which I nicknamed Saiyan) and then proceded to own Cilan. I went on to route 3 and battled some preschoolers. (I thought you had to be 10 to have pokemon?) I didn't go save the girl's pokemon, but I battled a trainer and looked for a Pidove, which had no results. I saved the game and shut it off right there.

My current team:

Oshawott: Lv. 13
Pansear (Saiyan): Lv. 13
Lilipup: Lv. 13

I already have three badges. I'm in Nimbasa City and have gotten the bike.

I tried fighting N, but that Sigilyph is one tough Psybeam abuser. Killed two or three of my Pokemon.

Off to training my Pokemon then, specifically Roggenrola and Blitzle.

Fourth day in pokemon white and already have 5 badges. I am currently trying to level up my pokemon. I have evolved my solosis and herdier into duosion and stoutland respectively. I want to have them all at lv. 36 so they will be strong enough for the 6th gym.

My team:

Winston (stoutland) lv. 32
Duckbird (ducklett) lv. 31
Mclovin (krokorok) lv. 30
Steve (pignite) lv. 33
Cilan (Pansage) lv. 30
Duosion lv. 32

Pokedex:
Seen: 61
Obtained: 41

Back
Top Bottom