• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Diaries of Black and White

Caught all 3 Musketeers, Terrakion has an Adamant nature :)

I can't believe I caught Terrakion with a single Poke Ball so easily just by weakening and paralyzing it. At the Pokemon League I was able to beat three of the E4, I lost against Marshal. In the meantime I'm going to train my pokemon some more before going there again.

My team so far

Samurott lv46
Gothitelle lv43
Zebstrika lv41
Audino lv45
Krookodile lv46
Unfezant lv39

Currently in N's Castle going to try and catch Zekrom as soon as my DS is charged. My team is currently as follows

Serperior- Lvl. 47
Unfezant- Lvl. 47
Darmanitan- Lvl. 47
Carracosta- Lvl. 46
Krookodile- Lvl. 47
Beartic- Lvl. 45

I'm currently at the Celestial Tower. I've already talked to Skyla and all that so I'm gonna be making my way back to Mistralton City.

My team as of now:

Zebstrika (Lv. 34)
Emboar (Lv. 39)
Stoutland (Lv. 35)
Scrafty (Lv. 39)
Litwick (Lv. 30)

Well after my DS was done charging I went ahead and continued my journey. I started off battling Zekrom, after knocking if down to 1 HP I tossed a ultra ball ANC caught in one try. After the capture I battled N ANC it took me a couple of tries but I finally bested him. Then onto the battle with Ghetsis and his Hyderigon was a pain, bug I finally took him down. I'm now starting the after game.

I can't believe I caught Terrakion with a single Poke Ball so easily just by weakening and paralyzing it. At the Pokemon League I was able to beat three of the E4, I lost against Marshal. In the meantime I'm going to train my pokemon some more before going there again.

My team so far

Samurott lv46
Gothitelle lv43
Zebstrika lv41
Audino lv45
Krookodile lv46
Unfezant lv39

I'm surprised you almost took all of the E4 down with that team. Careful with N and Ghetsis. In my experience they were quite tough to take down, and I had 4 Pokemon at level 50 and a fifth at 52. (Not counting the box legendary.) Hydreigon was a bitch to take down, considering it took out 4 of my Pokemon. Arghhh.

Not much has gotten accomplished today, still playing as I'm typing but I'll chronicle anyway :D

Dewott & Joltik both evolved, in the same battle; the rotation battle against that Ace Trainer on Route 7. Been thinking about Who'll be on my final team, still no final decisions yet. Did regretfully decide that I'll box my perfect speed & special attack IV'd Emolga because Galvantula is finally pulling more than its own weight :( (very irked by the fact Galvantula has 0 IVs in HP, but I refuse to catch/hatch more of the damn things >.> )

Just got to Celestial Tower & caught a Litwick; experienced my first critical capture! :D the swoosh noise the pokeball made was so awesome! The Litwick is Modest! how lucky! but it's IVs leave much to be desired... might as well catch a few more. & how awesome is the music in Celestial Tower?! my favorite piece so far! is it just me, or are some parts reminiscent, if only slightly, of Hollow Bastion from Kingdom Hearts?

Current Team:
Kenshin (Samurott) lv. 36
Zoroark lv. 35
Chun-Li (Scraggy) lv. 37
Iris (Excadrill) lv. 36
Surge (Galvantula) lv. 37

Boxed/in rotation/daycare:
Sawsbuck lv. 39
Machina (Sigilyph) lv. 29
ElesaSkyla (Emolga) lv 35

EDIT: OMG! just got another critical capture on this 2nd litwick I caught! :D guess litwicks & great balls go together like beginets & chocolate milk lol

Last edited:
I got the second and third badges. Compared to Lenora, Burgh is very easy. I got a Timburr named Zeucles that will be a permament member of my team, at least for now. I also got Victini(Nike) and Zorua(Alepu). That legendary bastard, who was asleep and have 5 HP, took up 20 pokeballs for me to catch. I was lucky that the last one was critical.

I have done everything that is possible in the main walkthrough on my one game alone. I caught Volcarona and Kyurem with less than 5 Ultra Balls each (Jellicent's Toxic + Hex and chucking Dusk Balls is very useful here). I am waiting on my friend to catch a Thundurus so we can trade and catch Landros in both our games.

Right now I am training all of my weak pokemon up through the E4.

I'll try catching a Cyrogonal in Twist Mountain.
It's one of the very few Unova pokemon I haven't caught yet.

EDIT: Caught it less than 20 minutes ago. Chucking Dusk Ball after Dusk Ball surely paid off. I could have waited until April (winter) when the encounter rate was 5% (as opposed to 1%), but patience really isn't my strongest virtue. The one I luckily encountered does not have the best nature a Cryogonal could have, but this is what breeding is for.

Over this weekend I am going to level up my Level 40 Deino into a Level 64 Hydreigon... Wish me luck.

Pokemon:
Simisage- LV 63
Simisear- LV 60
Simipour- LV 61
Reuniclus- LV 58 (traded from friend's White game as a Solosis)
Braviary- LV 60 (traded from friend's White game as a Rufflet)
Scrafty- LV 59

Other pokemon in PC
Vanilluxe- LV 52
Jellicent- LV 53
Kyurem- LV 75
Volcarona- LV 70
Tornados- LV 40
Zoroark- LV 55
Samurott- LV 67
Musharna- LV 50 (caught today [Friday], noteworthy because of Telekinesis ability)
Cyrogonal- LV 31

I hate having to use my LV 100 Pokeshifted pokemon to fight the E4 on uneven ground, but what can you do? Many of these pokemon evolve at extremely high levels, and it's not like you are able to challenge any other trainers in rematches. Also the Audino method is very limited in practicality for the higher levels.

Log time: 30:55

This game is enjoyable right down to the end, and I am still not even close enough to finish playing yet.

Last edited:
I've basically been level grinding on Route 10 to get my team up to level 48. Those who have been following my Twitter know I now have a Haxorus and am using the Musketeers.

I am having the hardest time level grinding. I absolutely hate what they've done-- lack of useful wild Pokemon to battle, lack of sufficient trainers to battle. I'm usually way ahead of the NPC's, but not this time.

Oh, and i finally beat the second gym today. I haven't really had the chance to sit and play :x

I am having the hardest time level grinding. I absolutely hate what they've done-- lack of useful wild Pokemon to battle, lack of sufficient trainers to battle. I'm usually way ahead of the NPC's, but not this time.

Oh, and i finally beat the second gym today. I haven't really had the chance to sit and play :x

Very odd. I thought this game gave the easiest opportunities to level grind. Considering a Lucky Egg is given to you. :p

For example, I've never seen +11,100 exp given to a Pokemon before after defeating another. It was holding a Lucky Egg, of course, but still... Lots and lots of EXP.

Lenora was hell. Sadly, Artie was a joke. What a disappointment. Heading north through Ground Zero.

Very odd. I thought this game gave the easiest opportunities to level grind. Considering a Lucky Egg is given to you. :p

For example, I've never seen +11,100 exp given to a Pokemon before after defeating another. It was holding a Lucky Egg, of course, but still... Lots and lots of EXP.

I don't have the Lucky egg yet. I've only beaten the second gym, and thus far it's been pure hell level grinding. Interestingly, I've noticed people split about this. There are people who say it's been very easy, and others who say it's been quite challenging.

I don't have the Lucky egg yet. I've only beaten the second gym, and thus far it's been pure hell level grinding. Interestingly, I've noticed people split about this. There are people who say it's been very easy, and others who say it's been quite challenging.

I forgot about that. Well, you get the Lucky Egg decently early, so be looking for it.

Still, even without it, I felt leveling was a breeze and very enjoyable.

Burgh was too easy.
Kamitsure was of an acceptable difficulty.
Clay was a bit too easy.

Just got through Chargestone cave.

I nearly got defeated by a frillfish, due to my samurott's moves all being either water or normal or fighting.

Luckily, herdier got me through it.
After that, I switched rock smash for dig.

burg was REALY easy, only difficult part was the whrilipede, and that was just cause i was trying to lvl up Timburr.
My Timburr evolved into Gurdurr also, my Roggenrolla evolved into Boledore
could anyone here help me evolve him?

anyway, i beat team plasma on liberty island and caught Vinciti.
screwing around on route 4, cause, why not?

Current team
Major(Dewwot) Lvl 25
Wire (Gurdurr) Lvl 25
Mercury (Boledore) Lvl 26
Werner (Sandile) Lvl 19

i traded for a vulpix, but i decided that i'd rather go through the game catching my own pokemon, plus i realy want a sawsbuck and there'd be no room for both that and a galvantula.

Easily defeated Brycen. Right now, I'm in the Dragonspiral Tower, sixth floor.

Team:

Emboar (Lv. 42)
Zebstrika (Lv. 37)
Stoutland (Lv. 37)
Scrafty (Lv. 40)
Lampent (Lv. 42)
Golett (Lv. 34)

Back
Top Bottom