• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Diaries of Black and White

I've beaten Skyla and then Cheren afterwards. I have to say Skyla's gym was a breeze. Also I caught a Elygem in Celestial Tower and I'm currently debating if I should use it in my main team. After getting surf, I headed out towards Route 18 where I hope to train some more and take a look at P2. I also got lucky on the GTS, I left an Audino looking for a lv.10 and up Zorua. Today when I checked it turns out I got a legit JPN Zorua. =D

My team so far:

Blitzoar (Emboar) Lv.44
Geran (Seismitoad) Lv.43
Eternalix (Klang) Lv.44
Drillkur (Excadrill) Lv.42

Lol, I caught Zekrom on my first pokéball. :p

Team Plasma N

Zekrom vs Reshiram
Zekrom starts off with Dragonbreath, bringing Reshiram's health to the yellow zone. Reshiram then uses Fusion flare, Zekrom uses Fusion bolt, but was ultimately defeated.

Scrafty vs Reshiram
N heals, Scrafty uses Dragon claw twice.
Reshiram scores a critical hit, I use a max revive on Zekrom, Scrafty is then defeated.

Zekrom vs Reshiram (round 2)
Zekrom defeats Reshiram with Fusion bolt.
I then revive Scrafty.

Scrafty vs Klingklang/Zoroark
Scrafty OHKOs Zoroark with High jump kick.

Scrafty vs KlingKlang (real Klingklang)
Scrafty then beats Zoroark with two high jump kicks.

Zoroark vs Vanilluxe
I send in Zoroark to heal Scrafty and Zekrom, and ultimately gets defeated.

Scrafty vs Vanilluxe
Scrafty beats Vanilluxe after two high jump kicks.

Carracosta vs Archeops
Fortunatly, Archeops uses Stone edge on Carracosta, meaning that I didn't have to make use of sturdy. :p

Serperior vs Carracosta
I start off with aerial ace to make Carracosta's hp go down a bit.
I end the battle and beat N thanks to Seperior's leaf blade.

Team Plasma Ghetsis

Zoroark vs Cofagrigus
I switch out Zekrom for Zoroark, Cofagrigus goes for a toxic, then goes for a protect.
Cofagrigus is eventually defeated after two shadow balls and a night slash.

Scolipede vs Hydreigon
I'm suprised he sent out Hydreigon this early :O.
Scolipede manages to hit Hydreigon before being defeated by Fire blast.

Serperior vs Hydreigon
Ghetsis heals, I use leaf blade, Hydreigon's fire blast misses.
I then switch out.

Zekrom vs Hydreigon
Zekrom manages to bring Hydreigon's health to the yellow zone before ultimately being defeated by a critical hit Dragon pulse.

Scrafty vs Hydreigon
Scrafty manages to beat Hydreigon with low sweep and high jump kick.

Scrafty vs Eelektross
I heal, Scrafty unfortunatly gets defeated.

Zekrom vs Eelektross
Zekrom manages to defeat Eelektross with a couple of Dragonbreaths.

Zoroark vs Bouffalant
I heal several times, sacrificing Zoroark in the process.

Seperior vs Bouffalant
Serperior ends this close battle with a giga drain, which unfortunatly only healed a small amount of hp.

Serperior vs Seismitoad
Seperior OHKOs Seismitoad with Leaf blade.

Carracosta vs Bisharp
I revive Scrafty, Carracosta then weakens Bisharp with Surf.

Scrafty vs Bisharp.
I end the battle with two Brick breaks.
Therefore, I've defeated Ghetsis. :)

Unfortunately last Thursday (after beating Drayden) I lost my DS with my Black version inside so I wass forced to stop my Pokémon journey. I'm not sure if I'll buy the game again soon, so maybe I'll have to wait a few months before I get to lnow the ending. Whatever.

After beating Black last week I'm playing White now. Lucky Egg/Trading/TM Abuse FTW!

Just beat Brycen - My Team:

Samublader - Samurott - Lv. 41 - Female
Pokablitza - Emboar - Lv.42 - Male
Yorteria - Stoutland - Lv. 41 - Female
LeafSpicer - Simisage - Lv. 41 - Female
Cellocus - Reuniclus - Lv. 41 - Female
Saucer - Klang - Lv. 42

My team is 2/3 Female, which is good because I prefer Female Pokemon (I'm a guy - so what does that say about me?)

Brycen is just as easy as, if not more easy than, Skyla. I didn't even use my Emboar, that's how confident I was in my Saucer. Saucer evolves at Lv. 49, but I'll hold off until Lv. 50, and that is when it learns Shift Gear. (Klinklang doesn't learn Shift Gear 'til Level 54)

I named my Klink after Gear Saucer, the Japanese name of Gear Grind. Gear Saucer is one sexy name. The other nicknames should be fairly obvious in origin, but if you ask I'll tell you.

Just now, on my second play-through of Pokemon Black, I beat Burgh's Bugs in the Castelia Gym. They could not break Pandora's (my Whirlipede)defense, so she was able to sweep the whole gym.

Unfortunately for Akagi (Sawk), he only has fighting moves, so now we are training in the harsh desert winds. Much like Pandora, Akagi has high defenses, so no one can break him, aside from the occasional Sigilyph, who has a 4x resistance to Fighting. Only then do we choose to run.

During our training, I stumbled across the Relic Castle. There, I found the fossil of my next team member Tirtouga, who shall be named Tortuga, after the song that brings joy in my heart.

Unfortunately last Thursday (after beating Drayden) I lost my DS with my Black version inside so I wass forced to stop my Pokémon journey. I'm not sure if I'll buy the game again soon, so maybe I'll have to wait a few months before I get to lnow the ending. Whatever.

0.0!

i'm sad to hear that...
:( i hope you can cope well with this!

After receiving the Larvesta egg near P2 laboratory I realised Zachary was only a mere ten levels away from learning Night Daze and so I have spent the better part of my afternoon using the obsecenely strong trainers on route 14 + exp.share to grind. Hard. The long slog finally paid off at Undella bay.

To my surprise I found Cynthia in on of the Undella villa

me: FUUUUUUUUUU-

Then I realised I could postpone the battle, phew. I got Aerial Ace from Mistralton and taught it to Zach but even with his moveset now complete I still don't think we're strong enough to take on Cynthia yet, so I'm gonna leave it for a while. Still need to complete the Zoroark event in Lostlorn but can't really be bothered atm. Might PokeTransfer later.

in castelia city in white with a team of a pidove,sewaddle,dewott,herdier,and boldore

Brycen is just as easy as, if not more easy than, Skyla.
Eh, what else do you expect if you soar four levels above his levels? With normal gameplay without grinding, you will end up having lower levels than GLs and E4. (My team was at Lv42 when I took the first E4 challenge, and while I don't grind, I do battle all trainers I notice) :p

----

So while I was away for the weekend, I had my DS with me so I spent my time catching the legendaries - at the moment, only Tornadus is still at loose. I got this odd fixation with catching a SpAtk+ nature Victini in a Premier Ball; it took some time before I could nail that (Premier Ball's x1 catch ratio doesn't help!). I also visited Undella Ruins, though couldn't find my way to the floor with the Relic Crown. Maybe it has something to do with the hieroglyphs...

As of now, my team is:

Samurott Level 62
Crustle Level 62
Chandelure Level 63
Qwilfish Level 64
Unfezant (male) Level 65
Whimsicott level 65

All male, except Whimsicott. I'm currently training for the League rematch, trying to get them all to about mid-70's.

I rode the Ferris Wheel today, for no apparent reason. Kinda felt sorry for Thrisha, or whatever her name was.

Rematched Cheren, too. BTW, does anyone want to tell me how to rematch Bianca?

Also, I may start training this cool Beeheeyem I caught.

And Samurott learned Hydro Pump!:D

Finally: defeated the Elite 4/N/Ghetsis! What an amazing turn of events. Lots of evolutions on my team during this time, now my teamlooks a little like this:

Serperior - 54
Throh - 55
Musharna - 51
Krookodile - 55
Haxorus - 52
Zekrom (was Tirtouga until the N/Ghetsis battle) - 50

What an intense, and bravely, different way to do things. Most surprising E4 ever. Now on to the next adventure!

My team:

Unfezant
Maractus
Reuniclus
Eelektross (took me forever to find a Thunderstone!)
Mienshao
Bisharp

All at Lv. 68. Man, the level difficulty is upped a lot post-League. When I battled one of the football guys at the sport Stadium, he sent out a Lv. 66 Conkeldurr or something and my team at the time was Lv. 56-ish. (I did manage to win, but I spammed Revives.)

I'm not sure what to do now. I could grind to battle Cynthia, check out the Abyssal Ruins, go to Anville Town, go to the P2 Laboratory, catch some legendaries, look for the Seven Sages...

EDIT: I just found out that the Pokérus on my team wore off. I was worried, but then found a Litwick in my PC that still has it. Whew.

Last edited:
I'm goin through the twist tower.

it realy bugs me these places, like the tower in Lavender, or the Tower in Sinnoh, these places are graveyards.
And there's people battling there. I mean, what the hell is with that. they wait. in a graveyard. to fight people.

whatever. i really just want to get through this so i can get to route 8 and find a shelment so i can evolve a karablast.

Current team
Werner Korkorok Lvl 35
Island Deerling Lvl 33
Major Dewwot Lvl 34
Wire Conkledur Lvl 36
Mercury Gigalith Lvl 34
Twelve Joltik Lvl 33

side note, do i need stones or something to evolve some of these?

I've spent the last 4 or so in game hours wandering around Mistralton cave looking for a shiny Axew. I've caught two non shiny ones, but I really want a shiny. I've beat Skyla and made it to twist mountain, but I haven't gone in yet. Maybe I should quit getting sidetracked and move on.

My team:

Unfezant
Maractus
Reuniclus
Eelektross (took me forever to find a Thunderstone!)
Mienshao
Bisharp

All at Lv. 68. Man, the level difficulty is upped a lot post-League. When I battled one of the football guys at the sport Stadium, he sent out a Lv. 66 Conkeldurr or something and my team at the time was Lv. 56-ish. (I did manage to win, but I spammed Revives.)

I'm not sure what to do now. I could grind to battle Cynthia, check out the Abyssal Ruins, go to Anville Town, go to the P2 Laboratory, catch some legendaries, look for the Seven Sages...

EDIT: I just found out that the Pokérus on my team wore off. I was worried, but then found a Litwick in my PC that still has it. Whew.

IDK if you knew this or not, but a man in the Shopping Mall on Route 9 gives you a free Thunderstone, so....

Anyway, I'm about to challenge N in his Castle:

Samublader - Samurott - Lv. 53 - Female
Pokablitza - Emboar - Lv.49 - Male
Yorteria - Stoutland - Lv. 48 - Female
LeafSpicer - Simisage - Lv. 49 - Female
Cellocus - Reuniclus - Lv. 48 - Female
Saucer - Klinklang - Lv. 51

Even though my 'mons were higher-leveled this time than in Black, the Elite Four was arguably harder, maybe it was this time around I didn't spread around any Pokerus. And I made the mistake of challenging Marshal first, my Cellocus went down in record time and over half of my team followed suit....

It turns out Klang learns Shift Gear at Level 52. The Bulbapedia page for Klang says it learns Shift Gear at Lv. 52, but the page for Shift Gear itself says that Klang (incorecctly) learns it at Level 50. Inconsistency errors FTW

I have to trade in an Adamant Synchronizer to catch Zekrom.
I tried out Infrared trading for the first time; I had no idea how it operated until my friend walked me through it - I must say it's so useful!

Reached Opelucid City, got the legend badge, & arrived at Victory road. Decided to box Excadrill & replace with Vullaby due to wanting more defensive 'mons on my team. Am considering putting Buffoulant on my team since every last one of em do not die to anything cept Scrafty's Hi Jump Kick.

Party:
Kenshin the Samurott lv. 52
Chun-Li the Scrafty lv. 50
Hierochina the Sigilyph lv. 47
Iris the Haxorus lv. 48
Surge the Galvantula lv. 47
Nekhbet the Vullaby lv. 46

Still waiting for my shiny encounter Black...

I reached Driftveil City a few days ago, but i decided not to proceed further and i am now level grinding my team. It's a bigger pain since i tore it all down and re-started with new Pokemon, all of which were Lv1 except for Roggenrola.

Emblem - Larvesta - Lv28
Autophobia - Litwick - Lv22
Justified - Rufflet - Lv17
Skyline - Petilil - Lv18
Daydreamer - Munna - Lv18
Lu:na - Roggenrola - Lv21

Yeah, I'm well behind everyone else. Sue me.

Beat Alder for the first time as of yesterday, just explored challenge cave and I'm now on my way to check out the Dreamyard.

My team consists of:

Hydreigon Lv. 66
Metagross Lv. 69
Volcarona Lv. 71
Braviary Lv. 61
Bisharp Lv. 64
Feebas Lv. 28 (Guess who's gonna be a Milotic when they grow up?!)

I'm quite proud of myself, because all of these were caught and trained just in White (Points to Metagross and laughs hysterically evilly)

Last night, I got the Jet badge in Driftveil City from Skyla...it was a heck of a lot easier than what I thought it was going to be. My Blitzle just evolved into Zebstrika (who turned into a beast with the attacking upson said evolution) and went from lv 27 to 33 while going through that gym. Zebstrika went all the way up to Skyla and on her second pokemon, he fainted. Only other pokemon I had that would be somewhat effective was Gurdurr with Rockthrow (who I was convinced was not going to be fast enough and get hit by a flying move). I stared at my game in shock, saved it and turned it off. Twas a good night.

Current Team:
Zebstrika Lv 33
Servine Lv 31
Gurdurr Lv 38
Yamask Lv 27
Swoobat Lv 28
Panpour Lv 29

Time 28:22

My current Black team:

Kyurem: Level 80

Emboar Level 67

Absol Level 61