• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Division Mafia - Endgame: Ceasefire in Manhatten (Tie with Town, Mafia and ITP Usuper!)

Have you claimed to anyone yet?

I told MegaPod a bit about my role, and that's it. Mostly about why I've refused to use it these past two nights.

I've been hesitant to say anything to anyone else, but it seems that's something I might regret soon...

Sorry I'm late.
I didn't get anything unusual in my Role PM last night. Not really sure what you mean.
I'm not really sure what Mega is talking about but if you and Mido both trust this person's word from OC, then I guess it's true? idk
I don't really understand your reasoning for Darth possibly being scum because you redirected Flop onto him. Flop's result could've been altered to "You visited Darth" regardless of who they chose to visit or they happened to visit Darth originally. So it's pretty NAI. I know if I was redirected I probably would've said who I was changed to, but probably mention to someone in OC that they weren't my original target.

Day 3 Update 1

Day 3 First Votals

Tood (2): Midorikawa, MegaPod

Day 3 will end on October 12th at 2300 hours PST (11pm PST) Countdown Timer

The following players are subject to inactivity penalty votes at the end of the phase if they do not post more than two posts in the public thread on Day 3:

@CrazyCreeperKid

It seems that I derped up on rewriting Rule 3 again.

3. There is no name-claiming or quoting/screenshots from role PMs. There is no such restriction for OC.

to

3. There is no name-claiming or quoting/screenshots from role PMs in-thread or OC. You may claim however you want on what happened in OCs..

I don't really understand your reasoning for Darth possibly being scum because you redirected Flop onto him.
that’s...not why. You might wanna reread my post where I initially voted Darth today, because my reasoning is that I fear Darth May have told flop my claim so she could claim her own action accordingly, due to when she first ignored my question being before my claim to Darth, and her response to me being after I claimed to Darth when I really should have kept my mouth shut.

Also, Tood has claimed to me now and I find it believable...but I’m also struggling with the idea of my source being gutsy enough to lie about Tood’s action, so perhaps there really is a role that sabotaged their results...ugh, it’s a tough situation. I think I should unvote Tood though and go back to voting Darth.

unvote: Tood
Vote: DarthWolf

I don't know what this is all about today and from what I am seeing, MegaPod said he redirected Flopster to DarthWolf and Flopster said she visited DarthWolf and MegaPod calls Tood a manipulator and why is Tood suspicious when MegaPod did not visit her?

On day 1 all Max did was a joke vote, he unvotes, Darthwolf subs in for Max on day 2 and he says how the day 1 lynch on him was bad and then he speculates about the setup and the rest of his posts were one liners and it didn't look like he was scum hunting.

@MegaPod out of curiosity, what will you do if Darth flips town?

After all, your entire lynch seems to revolve around the idea of us being scumbuddies, and I know that’s not true.

And FWIW, I made the conscious decision to target Darth. I don’t know whether or not that was tampered with, as I don’t think I’d get a redirection message if my target stayed the same.

@MegaPod out of curiosity, what will you do if Darth flips town?
I will...have to organize a reads list and try to narrow down who I think is scum if that theory goes out of the window.

And FWIW, I made the conscious decision to target Darth. I don’t know whether or not that was tampered with, as I don’t think I’d get a redirection message if my target stayed the same.
Fair point. From what it seems, my action might not have reached you at all anyways...unless it’s another case of tampered results. This game is tricky.

@Pika_pika42 willing to take a break from liking old mafia posts and contributing here?
Yeah sorry lol, I was just reliving the past games. Zexy and your meta arguments are still fun to read. :p

As for this game, if what I understand from Megapod, he is a Redirector of some sorts whose action works only on a Town player.
He targeted Doc Flop last night and redirected their action to Darth (but as Doc Flop claims, they themselves targeted Darth) so we cannot say if the redirect worked or not.
Also, I don't understand why are we going reverse, like lynching Darth to know Doc Flop's alignment is not going to work, we might as well Lynch Doc Flop to understand Darth's alignment.

I say this because the only way I think their alignment can be related is: If Doc Flop is scum, Darth might be scum.
In this case, Megapod's redirect did not work but Darth knew what's happening due to his OC with Megapod and asked Doc Flop to claim in that manner.

The opposite doesn't hold true due to WIFOM scenarios.
Even if Darth is scum, we cannot say that Doc Flop is scum as their original target is the same as the redirected target, hence we don't have enough information to call them scum in this case.

Although this is just a theory, which might even be incorrect, so I don't know how to proceed with it.
The only thing I can say is that if we are lynching only to gain information, we should go for Doc Flop and hope they are scum.

Hmm... alright I’m going to throw something out here. I don’t know if my full claim is already in the wrong hands or not, but I’ve given it to Darth and Mido already, and I have a sort of suspicious feeling about the former upon looking back. Time to explain.

N1 I had the Masonizer choice, and from N2 onward I can use a Redirector action which fails on non-Town targets (which makes it a Loyal Redirector I guess). Also, I’m not given results on its success or failure, which is inconvenient for me but I guess helps make it not broken or something. Though it’s not an investigative role by nature, I wanted to try and use it to figure out whether Flop was Town or Mafia once and for all by redirecting her to Darth. However, it only raised more questions, in part because of a regrettable decision I made by claiming to Darth before Flop responded in the thread. You see, here’s the simplified timeline of how that went:

1. on N2, I submitted my choice to redirect Flop onto DarthWolf. (Successful? I can’t say for sure. Mido seems convinced someone has a result that contradicts this, but I don’t know if another redirective role is involved, or if her source is unreliable or if she is unreliable or what. Anyways.)
  2. I ask flop on D3 who she visited N2 for the first time. She ignores my question.
  3. Darth asks me my plan in OC, and I reveal my role and N2 action to him.
  4. I press Flop to respond, and that’s when she says she visited Darth.
So here’s where my confusion lies: between Step 3 and 4, did Darth feed Flop my action claim and plan to confirm her alignment so she could claim something consistent with me? Or was it just bad timing on my own and her part? I feel like lynching Flop to find out is a bit risky: if she’s Town, she could be a big asset. But Darth’s play in the thread still doesn’t seem strong for Darth anyways, and as far as I know there’s less to suggest his role is important either. So here’s my proposal: we can lynch Darth, and if he’s scum, it would point to Flop as a probable scumbud to him. Of course, their alignments are not necessarily tethered, but from what I’ve seen, the two of them being in a scum team is a very real possibility.

Sorry to break your theory here but if you double check your oc you'll see that I already asked you during N2. If we were truly scum partners flop would have been able to answer instantly.
Then whoever gave you the information is lying or had been manipulated somehow, since I've done literally nothing this entire game.

I don't know what else to say at this point to defend myself,
You might not have, but a partner could.

@MegaPod @Midorikawa why do you unvote Tood? I don't want an "oc info made it clear to me" answer. share the info with town.
Also, Tood has claimed to me now and I find it believable...but I’m also struggling with the idea of my source being gutsy enough to lie about Tood’s action, so perhaps there really is a role that sabotaged their results...ugh, it’s a tough situation. I think I should unvote Tood though and go back to voting Darth.
Why not investigate the Tood and whoever the other person is and lynch either of them. Doesn't that seem like a more solid reasoning?

So a watcher saw three people visit someone last night. Tood was one, the other will be remained and called Mr. Snuffles, and the third was AE.

AE is dead so we can’t ask him anything clearly.

However Tood claims not to have used their night action.

In addition Mr. Snuffles claims to have used theirs on someone else.

There is also another who claims to have targeted the person, but the watcher has no seen them visit that person. And after checking with the host, there is no reason they would not have, regardless if action was successful or not.

So it’s looking like the watcher somehow got messed up results since it’s hard to imagine so many people are lying or that so many got redirected.

That’s whats going on with Tood. And Tood claimed to Mega and Mega says the claim is pretty solid. I’m working partially off trusting Mega.

And we have considered that the watcher is lying themselves, but they seem very genuine in the ocs, and they’d have to be extremely bold to lie about one of the things they said (can’t say it in thread since that would reveal someone’s identity.)

that’s...not why. You might wanna reread my post where I initially voted Darth today, because my reasoning is that I fear Darth May have told flop my claim so she could claim her own action accordingly, due to when she first ignored my question being before my claim to Darth, and her response to me being after I claimed to Darth when I really should have kept my mouth shut.
hmmm turns out I did misunderstand what you were saying. So confusing, guess this probably wasn't the best game to ease back into Mafia with xD
I'm not really sure about anyone still.

How would those results be messed up? Do the results of each visitor link together correctly with the target?
Two of the players claim not to have visited te person that was watched. We can’t ask the third since that was AE and he’s dead. And the one person who does claim to have visited the watched person is not one of the visitors. So unless someone redirected two people and someone is lying, the results aren’t matching. But the watcher isn’t lying. So it seems more likely that someone screwed with the watcher and gave them fake results somehow.

That doesn't really answer my question as you basically just say "somehow".
As for the second one, you completely missed that. What I meant with that is, do their role results show indication in any way to figure out who they truly targeted?

Sorry to break your theory here but if you double check your oc you'll see that I already asked you during N2. If we were truly scum partners flop would have been able to answer instantly.
That’s not entirely true; yes, I had previously told you I wanted to visit Flop, but it wasn’t until this Day phase that I told you I attempted to redirect her onto you.

Night 3: Would't You Know It?

Day 3 Final Votals

DarthWolf (2): Jinjo, MegaPod
CrazyCreeperKid (1): Inactivity Penalty Vote

Night 3: Wouldn't You Know it?

"Rick Valassi, constant listener, coming at you once again with "Wouldn't You Know It."

Hope folks are holding up okay in your neighborhood, or containment zone, or whatever the hell they're calling it this week. Only chance we got is if we all come together on this. Help each other out. We're New Yorkers. That's what we do. Remember that, 'cause we're gonna be tested.

But it's about to get worse.

We need to talk, 'cause I'm afraid I'm starting to lose it. I keep trying to convince myself this is all just paranoid delusions. I'm not succeeding, New York. I am not succeeding."

Dear Agent Max1996,

You will be taking on the role of Rick Valassi. You are a freelance reporter, conspiracy theorist, and radio show broadcaster/podcaster. You have a radio show called ''Wouldn't You Know It,'' where you talk about the current issues with Manhattan, what you found out about various topics, and rumors and theories. Your radio show can be heard very frequently over the radio.

As you are a reporter in the game, you are a reporter. Each night, you may target a player. In the next day phase, you will learn whether or not if a player used a role.

In short, you are a reporter allied with the Second Wave Agents (town) and you win when your team eliminates all the first wave rogue agents (Mafia) and all threats to the second wave agents are eliminated.

Max1996/DarthWolf 2.0 has been lynched. Max1996/DarthWolf was a reporter allied with the Second Wave Agents (town).

-YLO Warning: Depending on the night actions, Day 4 would either be a LYLO or MYLO.

"Just keep your eyes open, NYC. And remember: just because you're paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get you. Sleep with one eye open."

Night 3 will end on October 12th at 2300 hours PST (11pm PST) Countdown Timer Please send all night actions to the host by the deadline.

Radio Transcripts used for Flavor Text Source

Back
Top Bottom