• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: The Dragon Chronicles.

Jimiinthesky

The Lark Ascending.
Reaction score
Hello all, i've never written a fan-fiction before, but i thought i'd try it :) i've written a novel before, but a normal fiction work, not a fan-fiction :O

Anyway, this story will be split into chapters, which will be posted relatively frequently (i'm hoping for once a week) and will center around Torne Gaid, an Irish boy of 10 embarking on his adventure into the world of Pokemon.
A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits! Let's go!

Chapter 1
Dragon beginnings.

I opened my eyes to a bright autumn morning, sunshine streaming in through the thin gap in my curtains, illuminating my bedroom. I looked around, all of my posters were of Pokémon, cute ones, powerful ones, rare ones, small ones, big ones, legendary ones, the lot. There was my T.V., photos of my family, my lamp, a pile of books, and then, in the middle of my main shelf, was a small brown nest of straw. Resting in this nest was a light blue Pokémon egg.

I'd had the egg for nearly a week now, i had been out exploring when i found it in our local woods. I lived in a small town in the hills where everyone knew everyone, and we all lived in small thatched cottages. I lived with my dad and my mum, who were both miltank farmers in our large field at the back of our cottage. My mum had been a nurse in a pokémon center when she met my dad, who had just finished his journey to the pokémon league, where he managed to win! They decided to retire to the country together, to farm and raise a child. As i was walking through the woods that nearly surrounded our village, hoping to catch glimpses of the pokémon that lived there, i heard an incredible sound above me, a loud high pitched pokémon cry! I looked up and high in the sky i saw a large pokémon, carrying somthing in it's arms. It looked as if it was coming into land near me, when another large pokémon suddenly soared into the air, directly behind it.

I had no idea which pokémon they were, as i hadn't studied much, but i was amazed by both of them. The large pokémon that had appeared then suddenly rocketed forward, until it was directly above the other. I saw a dark, cloaked figure sat on the back of it, who pointed towards the other pokémon, and shouted somthing i couldn't hear. The pokémon they were sat on opened it's large mouth and a large ball of blue energy began to form. I shouted for the other pokémon to watch out, however it was too late. The blue orb of energy was released, and shot towards the Pokémon, who saw the beam coming a split second before it hit, and grabbed whatever he was carrying and launched it towards me. The object rocketed towards me, and hit the earth just in front of me, blowing me off my feet into a tree, and i was knocked out.

When i awoke, i was sat in my bed, with my dad watching over me, with the light blue pokémon egg sat on my shelf. Apparently noone had seen what had happened, and my dad had found me and the egg and brought me home. When dad asked me what had happened, i couldn't tell him, for some reason i felt like i should keep what i saw to myself. He decided he would let me keep the egg, as long as i took good care of it.

And so that is how the egg ended up on my shelf, for the week since i'd found it, i'd been cleaning and taking care of the egg constantly, and when i hadn't been looking after it, i'd been starting to research pokémon so i knew a bit more about them. Apparently there were 646 known pokémon in the world, i wondered which ones were the two pokémon i'd seen. After researching, i was sure the two pokémon were so large and powerful that they had to be the dragon type, but dragon type pokémon were so mysterious that i couldn't find any from the few books my parents had. My dad refused to help either, saying that i needed to find these things out for myself.

I got out of my bed and went to look at the egg, it was as clean and shiny as ever, the sunlight reflected the shiny surface and made it look more beautiful than ever. Today was my 10th birthday, and i felt as if the egg was wishing me a happy birthday, almost as if whatever was inside it was smiling. I decided i wanted to take the egg with me downstairs, to celebrate my birthday with me. I raced down the stairs to find my mum and dad standing next to a small pile of presents on the floor, both with big beaming smiles. I went up and hugged them both.

'Happy birthday son!' they both said to me 'lets get you a nice cup of tea and then we'll sit down and look at these presents you've got!'

I placed the egg on the mantle piece, and after my dad brought back the tea, i set about opening my presents. The first present was chocolate, followed by a treacle tart! I then got some new clothes, a new polo shirt and a long pair of blue trousers, a new pair of trainers designed for running and a long woolen scarf, obviously knitted by mum. I went and tried it all on, then looked in the mirror. I was just about the right height i should be for my age, quite thin, with long messy brown hair. Running down my fringe was line of white hair which i'd had since i could remember. Noone knew where it had come from, but i kinda liked it. I came back downstairs and my mum and dad said i looked great! I then opened my last present, which was a lot bigger than the others.

I was so happy when i saw what was inside, it was a collection of equipment for a pokémon journey! potions, antidotes, pokémon food and at the bottom of the pile, glistening in the sun, were 5 pokéballs. I ran over and hugged my parents tight.

'your 10 now son, your ready to start your adventure like i did when i was your age.'
'thankyou so much dad! I won't let you down.'

I went back to pick up my pokéballs when i heard something break. My mum jumped up and ran into the kitchen, but she came back saying everything was fine. We heard the sound again, getting louder now. we searched all around the house until i spotted something in the living room. The sound wasn't something breaking, it was something cracking, that something was my egg! There was a spiderweb of crack covering the top of the egg, and cracking noises kept coming from the egg. I picked up the egg and looked at it, willing whatever it was inside to make that final push out. There was one final crack, and the egg split in two, both sides falling to the floor beside me where the shattered into a million pieces.

Laying in my hands was a small, light blue pokémon, with a small round nose, big eyes and white ears. it looked up at me, smiled, then opened it's mouth.

'Dra-Dratini!' it squeaked.

Chapter 2
Departure.

'Draatini!' the creature squeaked.

'How about that!' i turned and found my dad watching me and Dratini 'I would never have guessed that a Dratini was in that egg. Your a very lucky boy.'

I turned and looked back at the Dratini. It was staring right at me, smiling still, i almost thought it was wishing me happy birthday. It was wonderful, cute, sweet and caring.

'Your amazing Dratini, did you hatch for my birthday?' It gave out a small squeek and smiled at me.

'This is perfect Torne, do you remember what you just got for your birthday? i think it's time you used one!' said my dad.

i looked back at the pile of presents on the floor, and remembered the pokéballs. I picked one up. 'What do you think Dratini? Want to come with me? I'm going on an adventure today, i could use a friend like you.' Another loud squeak, and Dratini jumped and bumped the circular button of the Pokéball so it opened. Dratini burst into a white light, and was sucked into the ball, which closed with a pop. The ball didn't even shake, and i knew i had a friend for life. I held Dratini's Pokéball like it was a piece of pure gold. Right then i knew it would by my partner through everything.

I was stood in front of my house, in the middle of the day, with a bag full of food, a blanket, a sleeping bag, all my new pokémon equipment and a bit of money my mum had given me. Dratini was strapped to my waist in his pokéball and it felt good having him by my side. Mum and dad were stood in front of me, mum will tears in her eyes, dad with a subtle grin forming on his face.

'I'm so proud of you son, you look just like i did back when i set out on my adventure. Take care of yourself, and of your pokémon, remember that there has never been a great trainer who wasn't friends with their pokémon.'

'Make sure you listen to your father dear.' my mum said. 'and take great care of yourself!'

'i will, don't you worry i'll be just fine!' i replied. Just as i did, Dratini's pokéball popped open and Dratini came out, wrapped itself round my shoulders and let out a squeak, smiling at my parents.

'You take care of each other now. You'll need one another to face the road ahead.' said my father.

'We'll be fine guys! i'd better be off, got lots to do! We'll be in touch don't worry!'

'Bye dear!' yelled my mum, full of tears.

I walked into the distance, down away from our home with Dratini draped around my shoulders, smiling and making the occasional squeaking noise.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom