• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

Re: The Dream World

Okay, let me get this straight. Dream World is the new Pal Park, correct? So was the whole "Friend Park" thing just a rumor? And instead of transferring them directly from HGSS, they'll be sent to.. your computer?

Okay, let me get this straight. Dream World is the new Pal Park, correct? So was the whole "Friend Park" thing just a rumor?
Dream World is an in-game Pokewalker.

Separation is such a big theme in these games that Pokémon and their trainers hardly get to do anything together anymore.

Separation is such a big theme in these games that Pokémon and their trainers hardly get to do anything together anymore.
Now that you mention it, the rumours of no gyms, no info on contests or pokeathlons...

Ah, so it was N who got rid of the walking pokemon mechanic. I hate him now. :)

They go on an entire adventure together, not to mention you spend your whole journey trying to prove to a guy that this shouldn't be the case. Also... how can the Pokemon even go into the Dream World without the trainer sans Darkrai and possibly Cresselia? They need you to send them there/into your computer.

So will the Dream World thing mean that the games will come with an installation disc for the program on your computer or is this a browser minigame that you can access on the Pokemon official website? Seeing how it says "Internet" I guess it's the later, but if that's so, wouldn't that mean a lot of... crashes?

I believe a website is being set up.

While 21 Pokemon were walker exclusive, most of the early routes could get you stuff LONG before it became catchable normally.

While 21 Pokemon were walker exclusive, most of the early routes could get you stuff LONG before it became catchable normally.
It seems that the Dream World will be especially helpful before the International Pokédex becomes available. But when all is said and done, neither the Dream World nor the Transmitting Machine should be a necessity for obtaining the bulk of old critters; it would be quite tedious otherwise.

They go on an entire adventure together, not to mention you spend your whole journey trying to prove to a guy that this shouldn't be the case. Also... how can the Pokemon even go into the Dream World without the trainer sans Darkrai and possibly Cresselia? They need you to send them there/into your computer.
I was being facetious; we are obviously still dealing with characters who train Pokémon. However, it is impossible not to note that walking with Pokémon and the Pokéwalker are both absent from games where the story deals with separating Pokémon from humans.

One of the screenshot shows the player near a wild Pikachu in its overworld sprite. I suppose that all Pokémon available in this method will have their HGSS overworld sprites present, which should be easy due to the lack of special 3D effects.

Last edited:

So all I'm hearing is "Its a feature they're saving for the 3rd version games"

This dream thing is really interesting (and the art of sleeping starters is really cute)
At first I thought it simply connects by Wi-Fi but everything happens on the DS itself... now I see people say it actually happens on the internet on the computer?... I wonder why they decided to do it this way...
I also wonder why it's Wi-Fi/inetnet at all and not normal gameplay... I guess maybe they'll change the Pokémon found in the dream world every week or so?

I wonder if there will be an acknowledgment if we send Darkrai to the dream world that we just sent the personification of nightmares into a dream.

Yeah, I'm kind of annoyed they didn't save Cresselia and Darkrai for this dream world feature, considering they're the dream Legendary Pokemon.

Maybe there might be a feature in the future involving a special Darkrai and Cresselia, you know because they are Pokemon involved with dreaming and this is The Dream World. This is possible considering that the Dream World can hold events as seen with the Eeveelutions.

I'm thinking somebody in the game will give you a Munna at somepoint, seeing how the feature appears to be used.

As fitting as darkrai and cresselia are for the dream world, I think they'll focus more on the munna evo (sorry can't remember it's name). With this being a new generation, I get the feeling they'll drop the emphasis on the last gens legendaries.
I am really interested to see how this will work. I wonder if it will be more like the safari zone or the pokewalker, or if it will be a whole new method of obtaining pokemon.

I'm thinking somebody in the game will give you a Munna at somepoint, seeing how the feature appears to be used.

That's what I'd imagine, especially since I otherwise would have no reason to catch one. Worse than a HM slave, only use the thing as a makeshift Hookah Dream World slave.

MHhhm. Just as I thought. An allusion to the digi-world.

Back
Top Bottom