• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

Re: The Dream World

MHhhm. Just as I thought. An allusion to the digi-world.

images

You'd think Porygon and Gen I would have been that, but then all this New-Gen hate would have no basis towards it once you realize that a Dream World's been used so much it has a page full of tropes on it. And that Porygon fits the whole "Digital Monster" claims better. Or the fact that the Porygon episode did take place in a Digi-world of sorts. Or the fact that Pokemon could be stored in PC's since Gen I. But hey, that would mean the fandom has come to its senses, and that happening is a sign of the apocalypse.

Also anyone remember this from Gen III? Yes, that was in the games as well, the Devon corporation was researching how to make a visual projection of Pokemon's dreams. I hope this will be referenced in B/W somehow.

I'm thinking somebody in the game will give you a Munna at somepoint, seeing how the feature appears to be used.

This. And you can catch non-Isshu pokemon, I wouldn't be surprised if you only get him after beating the Champion so that it works the same as the National Dex in a way

Also anyone remember this from Gen III? Yes, that was in the games as well, the Devon corporation was researching how to make a visual projection of Pokemon's dreams. I hope this will be referenced in B/W somehow.

RSE remake hints strike again! :D

You can catch non-isshu Pokemon on the Dream World, but we can see a Pikachu. So Pikachu isn't in Isshu Pokedex :p

Wow Gen 5 has to be the most creative generation than previous ones. I am not sure about the whole thing about catching Pokemon in the Dream World it sounds kinda ridiculous but I am all for it. Thinking about catching Pokemon on the internet makes it seem that Pal Park won't exist.

You can catch non-isshu Pokemon on the Dream World, but we can see a Pikachu. So Pikachu isn't in Isshu Pokedex :p

Actually, wrong. Being introduced in Isshu and being in the Isshu Dex is different. Example: Machop is in the Sinnoh Dex, but originated from Kanto. So that means Pikachu is in the Isshu Dex.

And besides, why would you take the franchise mascot out of any regional dex?

But that's anime-only, right? I don't remember anyone stating in the game that they were working on a Dream Projector..

But that's anime-only, right? I don't remember anyone stating in the game that they were working on a Dream Projector..

In Devon Corporation on the second floor, a scientist on a computer says:
"I'm trying to develop a device that visually reproduces dreams of Pokemon...

But it's not going well."

... Wha? I would have understood this more if you were referring to the PokeWalker. The Dream World seems to be just that; a Dream World. Unless you mean the uplading into the Internet part.

This looks awesome! There are 2 issues though:
1. If you are playing your DS on a trip, you might not be around a wifi hotspot or a computer.
2. Nintendo can shut it down at any time. Nintendo shut down the japan only game boy cell phone service for crystal and stadium GS. They can shut down the b&w wifi service at any time too, so when that goes, so does a big b&w feature.

2. Nintendo can shut it down at any time. Nintendo shut down the japan only game boy cell phone service for crystal and stadium GS. They can shut down the b&w wifi service at any time too, so when that goes, so does a big b&w feature.
The Mobile Adapter service was terminated in December 2002 (not long after Ruby and Sapphire's release), affecting the Battle Tower and PCC, but not direct communication between players (I believe that it is still working to this day). It is safe to say that all of Black and White's Wi-Fi features will remain functional throughout Generation V; Generation IV's GTS and Wi-Fi Battle Tower are a different story, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Last edited:

In Devon Corporation on the second floor, a scientist on a computer says:
"I'm trying to develop a device that visually reproduces dreams of Pokemon...

But it's not going well."
Ah, my brain fails again.

Hope I can find me a Disc One Nuke in Dream World; something tough that has Pick-Up and can fill up my inventory with all kinds of goodies under an hour. That's IF Munna is available early, which I doubt. They probably realized how dangerous the PokeWalker was, lol.

The Mobile Adapter service was terminated in December 2002 (not long after Ruby and Sapphire's release), affecting the Battle Tower and PCC, but not direct communication between players (I believe that it is still working to this day). It is safe to say that all of Black and White's Wi-Fi features will remain functional throughout Generation V; Generation IV's GTS and Wi-Fi Battle Tower are a different story, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I predict that people will still be using their Gen IV games a lot even deep into Generation V, as a way of obtaining Pokémon that may be harder to get in Gen V. I expect Generation IV Wi-Fi to go offline once all major territories have Generation VI.

Hope I can find me a Disc One Nuke in Dream World; something tough that has Pick-Up and can fill up my inventory with all kinds of goodies under an hour. That's IF Munna is available early, which I doubt. They probably realized how dangerous the PokeWalker was, lol.

Considering that I only have 4 badges on my SoulSilver, and have a Metang and Dratini in my team. Yeah =3

Also, I demolished many gyms in HG with Kangaskhan.

I don't know... the Dream World seems... different. I do hope that Munna is available early in the game because the Pokewalker helped me beat SS (okay, maybe I'm not the best player... or most patient) so I hope the Dream World would do the same...

I wouldnt count that yellow rodent out yet.

Back
Top Bottom