• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

I just tried the Dream World last night. It's pretty fun.

I'm just curious. Is it very hard to get 7500 Dream Points?

Is there a limit to how many DW Pals we can have? I am trying to accept a DW Pal request but keep getting a message that my list is full and to adjust my list in my profile? Do they mean delete some users? I heard you get DW points by making getting new DW Pals.
It seems to be roughly 10. And having Dream Pals doesn't matter so much to get points now you can visit any random people.
I LOVE dream world. Has anyone received their eeveeloution yet. I got Flareon.
My question is, how do other people visit your house?
Assuming you've set your Profile viewable to everyone;
View Dream Pal Map>[name]'s Home is some random person's house. Random people can do the same to visit you if both of your Profiles are viewable by everyone.
Really? I wasn't sure because I know I haven't been getting very high scores on the mini games. In that case, are you sure the Dream World isn't just heavily biased toward giving out male Pokemon then? I've only been playing for a few days but seriously... all I ever get are males. ;__;
It seems to be, and for good reason. In all the times I've played, only about 1 out of every 5 Pokémon, sometimes 1 out of 10, are female. I don't think the score would influence it, but then again I'm only basing this on observation.
Females are just very, very rare because the site is sexist.
Hey, today when I visited DW I made a couple of visits to the island, and they went fine, but on one visit I got this weird popup every time I clicked on an item sparkle:

picture.php

The next time I went to the island, everything worked normally and was in English. It was just this one visit, but I can't read Japanese... I think they might have forgotten to translate this text? I can't tell if it's an error or what.

Has anyone else gotten something like this, and does anyone know what it means?
'An error occured when loading data.' There's plenty of untranslated stuff in the Dream World, though that's the first time I've seen it actually pop out the front-end lol.
I find it hilarious that even though he's obviously exploiting a glitch in the game's programming, he still ends up short of the 30000 mark. Great game, guys.

I know, right? It seems like a complete contradiction - you can't access the Island until you send the Pokémon to the Entralink, so the only way to get a second Pokémon on the board is, well, to get rid of the first one.

What happens when you wish for a Pokémon, then exit the Dream World without waking the Pokémon up, wait a day, and attempt to cross the bridge the next day, with a Pokémon still on the board?
It wouldn't let you in, I believe. Also, for the ice cream, make sure every scoop is bitesize to get a 2x multiplier, and make sure you use exactly equal amounts of each flavour for another 2x multiplier.
You mean, in the Entralink, or on your Friend Board?
Coz, for the Entralink, just dont pick up your Pokemon from the previous day, and it will still be there when you add more Pokemon to the Entree Forest.

And for the Friend Board...Well, theres clearly a coloured pin system present...but we probably dont have access to it yet. Like, in the Japanese DW, you can visit someones Island if they appear at the Wishing Tree, but you cant in English yet.
You can't even do that, because you could not visit random people in the old site, that option was pointless, and now you can visit random people... they removed that option.
Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but how exactly do you go about getting female Pokemon from the Dream World? Do you have to score a certain amount of points in the mini-games? If so, what do you have to score? Or does that only matter for getting rare moves?

I'm not sure if I'm just insanely unlucky or just sucking too badly on the mini-games... but I haven't gotten a single female Pokemon yet (aside from female Nidoran, which is obviously always going to be female). I really want a female Exeggcute. :( Thanks in advance for any help.
The score decides only the move.
Unfortunately, you're just unlucky. Genders are assigned randomly after you finish the mini game. The only thing the score determines is what moves it will have. Gender ratio does also play a part, but most DW Pokemon are 50/50.
Genders are assigned randomly when you cross the rainbow bridge.
Thanks!
Also, how can I become someone's dream pal? Is that right I have to register their friend code in-game? I hope that's wrong cause I don't plan to send Cubchoo back to Black in the upcoming week or so... for a few days my DS refused to connect to wifi so this time I'll just let it stay there for a while
You don't have to register friend codes, but you may want to rethink that plan about your Cubchoo since the moment you wish for one Pokemon to materialise in BW, you're locked out of the Island of Dreams and can't do much until you send your Cubchoo back. If you were using WiFi daily you could do that every day, else it may be a long week for you, Dream World-wise.
So basically in order to visit other people's homes in the PDW you don't need to exchange FCs, just send a Dream Pal request and if that person accepts it, you can visit their home?
How would they determine that person though? Is it purely random?
Also, would you happen to know anything about my previous second question?

It is purely random, you can go back to your home and check that screen again for another person.
Does anyone know how to change profile details? I'm listed as USA and I don't want to be
I think it's based on your settings in your main pokemon.com profile, but I can't say for sure. Being a site made by Americans it's probably got the default as USA.

Last edited:
Hey, does anyone know how long the Game Sync needs to recharge after the time/date has been changed on the DS? I'm hoping it's not 48hrs :S.

Ok cool.. it doesn't help that I can't remember what time exactly I changed the time on the DS xD.

Does anyone know how to change profile details? I'm listed as USA and I don't want to be

I was under the impression that it's determined by what you set your location to ingame... like for the GTS and such.
If that's the case, it's impossible to change... which is unfortunate if you move to a different country and want to update your location.

It seems to be roughly 10. And having Dream Pals doesn't matter so much to get points now you can visit any random people
How do I visit random people?

Is there a limit on how many pokemon you can encounter (not befriend - just encounter) for one day? Cause the last two times I went through the Pleasant Forest, I did not encounter a single pokemon :S.

Is there a limit on how many pokemon you can encounter (not befriend - just encounter) for one day? Cause the last two times I went through the Pleasant Forest, I did not encounter a single pokemon :S.
Yeah, after about 4-5 times going through it, wild pokemon and items will not appear until the next tuck in.
How do I visit random people?
View Dream Pal Map>[name]'s Home is some random person's house. Random people can do the same to visit you if both of your Profiles are viewable by everyone.

Oh, really should have read through the thread more. Cheers anyways :).

Originally Posted by bluesun
Unfortunately, its not letting me change the settings

nvm, had to go to the main site but what's the difference between a game pal and dream pal roster?

EDIT 2: I changed it on the main site, Global Link still says its only set to friends.

View attachment 17063
I've noticed this come up once, after trying to get an item in a tree. What is it?
'An error occured when loading data.' There's quite a bit of untranslated stuff in the Dream World, mostly messages which (usually) never get shown. I'd guess that perhaps the server is being a bit overloaded and messes up somehow.
Unfortunately, its not letting me change the settings

nvm, had to go to the main site but what's the difference between a game pal and dream pal roster?

EDIT 2: I changed it on the main site, Global Link still says its only set to friends.
Game Pals are people in your Pal Pad, and cannot be visited online. (They could in the original site)
Dream Pals are strangers you meet in the Dream World, and can be visited online. (They didn't even exist in the original site)

And for your edit2, all I can suggest is did you change both options? Else maybe it's taking a while to populate across? Otherwise I've no idea.

I'm guessing it may just take awhile for the server to update on the Pokemon-GL website.

I've heard that EV-reducing berries are available in the DW now? True or false? If true, does anyone know how many points are required to get them to appear?

I've heard that EV-reducing berries are available in the DW now? True or false? If true, does anyone know how many points are required to get them to appear?
I saw a Japanese player with one planted, so they're available...somehow.

hey I got one of those pass power orbs, now I finally have one yeah!

Did you take a screenshot?
It was a while ago, so I've sinced logged out; tomorrow (when I can access the DW again) if I find another one during my browsings I'll screenshot it. Iirc, it was the berry that reduces Defence EVs.

Back
Top Bottom