• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

I've come to the conclusion that the Pleasant Forest would be much more enjoyable if you were given a chainsaw.

Really cool of you do do all this research. Really is very helpful so thank you.

Not a problem! It was something I was curious about, and I knew it would be helpful to have reliable data.

I've now finished my research on the Dream World points, and so here is what I've found:

-Swapping items does not award any Dream Points.
-Harvesting berries does not award any Dream Points.
-Watering someone else's berry plant awards 10 Dream Points each.
-Watering your own berry plants does not award any Dream Points.
-Picking up stray items on Dream Island does not award any Dream Points.
-Completing a minigame successfully always awards 20 Dream Points regardless of final score.
-Failing a minigame does not award any Dream Points.
-Making a wish for a Pokémon and sending it to Entree Forest does not award any Dream Points.
-Simply logging into the Dream World once each day awards 50 Dream Points.

In addition to these findings, the number of Dream Points you have earned in a given session will be reflected by the icon above your Pokémon's head when you mouseover it.

-An ellipsis (...) means you have earned 0-90 Dream Points.
-A smilie (^_^) means you have earned 100-290 Dream Points.
-A music note means you have earned 300-490 Dream Points.
-A heart means you have earned 500+ Dream Points.

At 500+ Dream Points, your Pokémon will gain a level upon being woken up from the Dream World.

Dream Points are always awarded in multiples of 10. Among actions that award Dream Points, there are no actions that award less than 10 Dream Points, and therefore your total score will always be a multiple of 10.

If you fail to make a wish at the Tree of Dreams to take a Pokémon back with you for that session, you will still be allowed to choose from the Pokémon you befriended (as well as any new Pokémon you befriend) on your next trip to the Tree of Dreams.

That concludes my Dream World testing; I'll update the Bulbapedia article shortly. If anyone has any questions, please let me know!

...-Swapping items does not award any Dream Points.
-Watering someone else's berry plant awards 10 Dream Points each.
-Watering your own berry plants does not award any Dream Points.
-Picking up stray items on Dream Island does not award any Dream Points.
-Completing a minigame successfully always awards 20 Dream Points regardless of final score.
-Failing a minigame does not award any Dream Points.
-Making a wish for a Pokémon and sending it to Entree Forest does not award any Dream Points...

well that's...disappointing :( i guess the only motivation to plant berries then is to just get alot of berries... lame :/

and it's always 20pts? no matter the score? damn i guess i shouldn't try as hard then..

serious? where are all the sites getting their info when they say that these all give you DP's? :mad: :flinch:

Are you absolutely sure about this one? On the two occasions my Mawile gained a level from the Dream World, I'd just harvested an entire crop of berries.

Also... I suspect I'm covering old ground here, but I was told earlier that your score in the minigames affects what extra moves the befriended Pokémon will have, and from my time in the DW today, I can say that that may indeed be the case.

One thing I'm curious about is gender ratios in the DW. It seems that female Pokémon are much rarer than males in the DW, but I'm wondering if this means that all Pokémon in the DW (with the exception of one-gender species) have the same gender ratio. If not, and this is instead some modifier applied to the existing gender ratio, then it would make finding females of certain species, like the fossils, next to impossible.

On the other hand, it does seem that a female Pokémon will ask for a different minigame than a male of the same species, and this offers some hope of being able to tell what gender the Pokémon is before playing the game. I don't know for sure that this applies in every case, but I have found (for example) that female Ledyba play the Lost Pokémon game, while males play the Ice Cream Scoop.

I just got off the Dream World and I must admit that things didn't start out so well. I only found a few Pokemon like Bellsprout and Surskit in Pleasant Forest and I lost while playing the Wailord game. That's a first. I eventually encountered more Pokemon, but it wasn't until my fifth trip through the Island of Dreams that I got to Windswept Sky. I found a Murkrow, a Pidgey and a Staravia. I decided to keep the Staravia since it was female.

okay, tomorrow I will reach 5000 DP which will unlock the Sea. I can't wait to reach 10000 DP to finally have SwSw Poliwag & Drought Vulpix. It takes ages.

Another day and:

A few crops of Tomato, Qualot, Grepa, Hondew and Pomeg berries came in. Should get my Kelpsy Berries tomorrow.

Of my Island of Dreams trips I got 3 in the sky, 2 in the wood and 1 in the sea (+1 in an empty sea). So I made do with a naughty female Gligar with high IVs in attack and sp.def. Watered a few friends berries, levelled up my Mew again and left with 5990 dream points.

My share shelf was also restocked with EV berries. If you see me (Steelbadger) on your wanderings, my share-shelf should have a pretty good selection of EV berries.

Land, sea and sky. Huh, just noticed it now.

I'm holding off on planting and sharing EV berries until I get the whole set. Makes it easier to organise.

well that's...disappointing :( i guess the only motivation to plant berries then is to just get alot of berries... lame :/

and it's always 20pts? no matter the score? damn i guess i shouldn't try as hard then..

serious? where are all the sites getting their info when they say that these all give you DP's? :mad: :flinch:

I was really disappointed about the berry harvesting as well, in addition to the Share Shelf. I feel that not having either of these award any Dream Points is going to kill motivation for people to keep growing berries and stocking their Share Shelves, which would make it very difficult for people who don't start doing Dream World until later on. :(

And yeah, it's definitely always 20 points. I spent a good number of days trying for every possible range of scores, from "bare minimum I need to succeed at the game" all the way up to upwards of 60,000 in Sky Race, 50,000 and above in Wailord & Pokémon Seek, and 40,000 in Ice Cream Scoop. Every single successful attempt over the course of a week yielded exactly 20 Dream Points.

I have a feeling that when the information was first posted about actions that award Dream Points, a lot of it was merely surmised based on what seemed to give them. I'm sure on most every trip, people wished for a Pokémon to take back with them, so it seemed to make sense that you earned 50 Dream Points for sending a Pokémon to Entree Forest. However, I noted that 50 points was added upon logging into the Dream World every day, even on days where I specifically did not wish for Pokémon the day before. So in that case, the 50 Dream Points you get for logging into Dream World once a day was probably just misattributed to wishing for a Pokémon and then obtaining it from the Entralink.

Are you absolutely sure about this one? On the two occasions my Mawile gained a level from the Dream World, I'd just harvested an entire crop of berries.

100% positive. I harvested a number of berries while refraining from other actions that awarded Dream Points (aside from the 50 you get from logging in) and while I expected my totals to increase after harvesting, they never budged. When I first noticed it, I thought it had to have been a fluke, but subsequent tests on the days that followed yielded no Dream Point gain either.

Also... I suspect I'm covering old ground here, but I was told earlier that your score in the minigames affects what extra moves the befriended Pokémon will have, and from my time in the DW today, I can say that that may indeed be the case.

One thing I'm curious about is gender ratios in the DW. It seems that female Pokémon are much rarer than males in the DW, but I'm wondering if this means that all Pokémon in the DW (with the exception of one-gender species) have the same gender ratio. If not, and this is instead some modifier applied to the existing gender ratio, then it would make finding females of certain species, like the fossils, next to impossible.

On the other hand, it does seem that a female Pokémon will ask for a different minigame than a male of the same species, and this offers some hope of being able to tell what gender the Pokémon is before playing the game. I don't know for sure that this applies in every case, but I have found (for example) that female Ledyba play the Lost Pokémon game, while males play the Ice Cream Scoop.

This is all extremely good information! I've also thought the gender ratio seems skewed pretty heavily from what we'd expect based on the in-game gender ratio...

It's also interesting to hear your thoughts on the minigame score/moveset correlation! Since this seems like less of a "concrete rule" and more like a probability, I think this is something where there's not much to do other than to just see how often Pokémon have their special moves when you end up scoring well versus when you don't...

I think Dream World pokemon moves are based on final minigame score.I got a lame score and got a mareep with thundershock-_-

Well if its different for an entire harvest, then I don't know, but I checked as well, no points for each harvest.

She clearly said you get points from watering berries but not harvesting them.

i'm well aware of what she said, thank you. :sweat:

i found it lame because then i've just been wasting berry spots harvesting oran berries when i could just use those spots for other berries, since it doesn't matter either way apparently what we do with our own berry patches.

Does anybody know how many points are needed before you get another row in your berry garden?

Does anybody know how many points are needed before you get another row in your berry garden?

From what, beyond four? I don't think there are any other rows after that. I've never seen anyone with more than four.

Back
Top Bottom