• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

Is it perhaps that people get points when somebody swaps items with them or waters their berries?

I seem to remember noting I'd had my points raised between two days playing sometime, though that was back in the old site.

So got enough points that when I enter next time I get to the Sparkling Sea.

Question on breeding though, apparently you can't breed with a Ditto, which is understandable due to Ditto being defaulted as female, but is the nature passing basically the same as HgSs?

Got to max out my watering today! Befriended a female Prankster Murkrow, although she only had Peck :(. Guess I can't complain with my Magnet Rise Shinx (now a Luxray) and Stealth Rock Aerodactyl. I now have Grepa, Hondew, Kelpsy, Tamato and Qualot- one to go!

I've been planting crops of the first three and putting them up on my Share Shelf- I'm Quynn from the USA. Just planted the other two so it'll be a couple days.

I also finally figured out how to accept DW Friend Requests- look on your footprint map. I'm sure someone has already posted this, but just in case. It was driving me mad!

Is it perhaps that people get points when somebody swaps items with them or waters their berries?

I seem to remember noting I'd had my points raised between two days playing sometime, though that was back in the old site.

I know having your berries watered does not increase your Dream Points - I had my friend water my berries as I was also in the Dream World and made sure the dry patches had become wet, and exited and noted my Dream Points total was no different than it had been previously.

Having items taken off your Share Shelf by someone is initially what I expected to find regarding Dream Points earned via item swapping, but I confirmed on multiple occasions that was not the case as well.

Between days during the week I recorded my data, my Dream Points were always the same at the point I logged out every night and the point I logged in the next day 24 hours later.

In addition, the person who suspected they received points for swapping berries confirmed that it was probably a fluke on their part, as their subsequent attempts did not yield Dream Points for item swapping.

Since that's been taken care of, I'll double-check my points after harvesting my berries and doing nothing else tonight.

EDIT: Double checked. Definitely no points for harvesting ANY of my berries. The only points awarded were for logging in.

After confirming that, I also tried going around swapping some items (and had items swapped from my shelves by others). I can once again also confirm neither of these awarded Dream Points either. All points awarded were from login, watering neighbors' berries and playing Dream Island minigames.

Last edited:
Has anyone looked into whether you get points from gaining a dream pal or from visiting someone elses home? I have seen occasions where my pokemon goes from a happy face to a music note when I am looking for (and failing to find) people with berries to water.

I took a Aerodactyl in white. I got ALL MALE pokemon today so I figured I mind as well get Aerodactyl out of the way. He doesn't have stealth rock but I can always go to the 4th gen and breed one with it on him if needed. His ability sucks so its kinda a waste. Oh well.

Managed to get to the sparkling ocean, yay!
Any pokes I should look out for?

If the Dream world is under maintenance, how long do you have to wait to get to enter it?
(Sorry if I'm not asking in the right place)

If the Dream world is under maintenance, how long do you have to wait to get to enter it?
(Sorry if I'm not asking in the right place)

Until the maintenance is done. Which I don't know when it ends, but it happens every Tuesday, so there you have it.

The maintenance typically ends at 9 PM Eastern Time however that is likely only for the American side of things but I can't be too certain on that, all I do know is that the U.S. maintenance ends right at 9 PM Eastern Time.

Has anyone looked into whether you get points from gaining a dream pal or from visiting someone elses home? I have seen occasions where my pokemon goes from a happy face to a music note when I am looking for (and failing to find) people with berries to water.

I know for certain you don't gain Dream Points for visiting another player's home or the home of a friend. I'm not positive about potential point gains from accepting another player as your friend, but I know there is no point gain for sending a friend request or receiving a request from someone else.

The Dream Point total updates that occur on your profile are mostly immediately posted - only mostly because there have been times where I've had to hang around the website for a while and reload the profile while I wait for point totals to post. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say gap between updating to the proper symbol (or in this case, seeming like the symbol is changing despite no actions taking place) is because previously gained points have not yet been credited to the profile, and when they go through, the icon updates accordingly. Again, that's just a guess.

Managed to get to the sparkling ocean, yay!
Any pokes I should look out for?

Lucky you, Reyairia! On Sunday I saw upon leaving the Dream World that I'd just passed 5000 points, and was so excited about getting to Sparkling Ocean on Monday. No such luck! :bheart: I was so disappointed. Didn't meet any Pokemon that interested me in Pleasant Forest or Windswept Sky, either. Ended up sending a Wingull to the Entralink. I can only hope tomorrow is better... :-|

I'm glad you got there, though! Grats. :-D

Lucky you, Reyairia! On Sunday I saw upon leaving the Dream World that I'd just passed 5000 points, and was so excited about getting to Sparkling Ocean on Monday. No such luck! :bheart: I was so disappointed. Didn't meet any Pokemon that interested me in Pleasant Forest or Windswept Sky, either. Ended up sending a Wingull to the Entralink. I can only hope tomorrow is better... :-|

I'm glad you got there, though! Grats. :-D

yeah, I got there two out of my four tries. I found some pokes, including a magikarp, but they were all male. FML

yeah, I got there two out of my four tries. I found some pokes, including a magikarp, but they were all male. FML

Hmm. May I ask you something? I see everyone going nuts over Dream World females. Heck, I saw a freakin' EBAY AUCTION selling DW females for $2.50 or something! I'm not into really careful, thought-out breeding strategies like many folk here are (not yet, anyway) and all I do is keep my only Ditto always in the Daycare. I simply switch the Pokemon I want to breed, and don't worry about whether it is male or female.

What's the advantage to using Dream World females for breeding? Is it because you can get better egg moves that way?

I hope I'm not going too off-topic by asking this question. :scared:

Hmm. May I ask you something? I see everyone going nuts over Dream World females. Heck, I saw a freakin' EBAY AUCTION selling DW females for $2.50 or something! I'm not into really careful, thought-out breeding strategies like many folk here are (not yet, anyway) and all I do is keep my only Ditto always in the Daycare. I simply switch the Pokemon I want to breed, and don't worry about whether it is male or female.

What's the advantage to using Dream World females for breeding? Is it because you can get better egg moves that way?

I hope I'm not going too off-topic by asking this question. :scared:

Females can pass down their Dream World ability. Males can't.

So a female Gligar with Immunity can pass down Immunity to its offspring. A regular male Gligar with Immunity cannot.

Females can pass down their Dream World ability. Males can't.

So a female Gligar with Immunity can pass down Immunity to its offspring. A regular male Gligar with Immunity cannot.

I see... Thank you, Sketch! Hopefully by spending more time on these forums I'll learn more of these basic things, I'm way too much of a noob for someone who's been playing since Gen 1. :blush:

Now that I know this, I'll be sure to send females with good abilities to the Entralink on days I don't find any Pokemon I like, to trade them to people who can put them to good use. :cheers:

On a semi-unrelated note, is there still a limit on only being able to take 50 pokemon back from the dw, and after that you can't access the dream island anymore?

On a semi-unrelated note, is there still a limit on only being able to take 50 pokemon back from the dw, and after that you can't access the dream island anymore?

Wasn't this always a misconception? From what I read on the official DW FAQs, you can only accumulate up to 50 Pokemon on the Friend Board or whatever it's called, without sending them to the Entralink. Then you have to send them to your game in order to befriend more.

But as far as I know, there is no limit on the number of Pokemon you can befriend or send to your game...

I don't really think so, because if you send a pokemon to your friend board you can't access Island, so it's impossible to have more than one pokemon on your friend board anyway.

Back
Top Bottom