• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

Whoa, you're only seeing Gligar now? I've been seeing them since I had about 3000 points... Not sure exactly when it started to appear but shortly after the Sky was unlocked for me. Weird.

Yeah, it's only a matter of luck I guess.

Up to 9240 Dream World Points. Hopefully by the end of the week I get Vulpix or Poliwag.
Took home a female Murkrow today. Hopefully I get something cool on Wednesday too (I don't play Tuesday b/c of maintenance).

Last time I played, I got my 3rd row of berries. ^^

How do you get more points in the Dream World? I can only access the Pleasant Forest (or whatever it's called).

Hey, is there something special that you have to do, in order to unlock the Sky area and stuff? Because I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and I'd like to access the other areas.

And yeah, by codes I mean that every copy of certain Pokémon books in Japan came with a black and white sheet of paper with a 16-digit code printed on it. Every copy had a seperate and different code, and each code could only be used once. Also rather annoyingly you didn't get to choose which of each starter set you got, you got randomly say, a Bulbasaur OR a Charmander OR a Squirtle and could only get one out of each trio per game. And breeding-wise it doesn't help that all the promotional DW Pokémon are male...
Ah, I see what you mean now. Thanks for explaining. =)

And really? In Japan, they only got one starter Pokemon from each trio? Wow, that sounds like a ripoff, because players could only receive 3 starter Pokemon in total. =/

I hope they release them differently in the US. It would be great to have ALL the Dream World versions of the starter Pokemon. ^^

And speaking of breeding, if you bred a Pokemon with the Dream World ability, would the baby Pokemon have the Dream World ability too? I hope so! That would be awesome!

Last edited:
Just keep playing and watering berries. Eventually you'll rack up enough points to access other areas. It's also a matter of luck.

And speaking of breeding, if you bred a Pokemon with the Dream World ability, would the baby Pokemon have the Dream World ability too? I hope so! That would be awesome!

Females with DW abilities have a 40% chance of passing down the DW ability to their offspring (but not when you breed the female with Ditto) :)

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info, june_bug. ^^

Just keep playing and watering berries. Eventually you'll rack up enough points to access other areas. It's also a matter of luck.
But, it doesn't let me water berries. =(

I keep clicking on the berries, but it doesn't do anything. It shows the description of whatever is planted there, and nothing happens.

Maybe I'm not doing it right. How do you water berries in the first place? Cause I forgot, lol.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info, june_bug. ^^

But, it doesn't let me water berries. =(

I keep clicking on the berries, but it doesn't do anything. It shows the description of whatever is planted there, and nothing happens.

Maybe I'm not doing it right. How do you water berries in the first place? Cause I forgot, lol.

No problem :)

To water berries, click on the patch of soil where they were planted. However, if the soil is dark brown or the berries are fully grown, they can't be watered (clicking on them does nothing like you mentioned).

I usually find that my DW friends have watered my berries for me, so to get DW points I travel to random people's gardens and see if they need anything watered. You can water other people's berries up to 20 times per day (you get 10 DW points each time you water another person's berries).

Hope this makes sense :)

EDIT: Shiny Staraptor summed it up in a lot fewer words :)

Ah, I see. Thanks for the help, june_bug and Shiny Staraptor! You've been a big help! =)

And wow, that's weird how you can only water them in certain stages. For example, I've tried watering them when they are stalks. But nothing happens. o_O

Maybe the only time you can water berries is after they've just been planted, and you can see the "lump" in the soil.

And yeah, I'll try going around to different people's houses and watering their berries. Maybe that will work, if the berries are at the right stage. ^^

Ah, I see. Thanks for the help, june_bug and Shiny Staraptor! =)

And that's weird how you can only water them in certain stages. For example, I've tried watering them when they are stalks. But nothing happens. o_O

Maybe the only time you can water berries is after they've just been planted, and you can see the "lump" in the soil.

And yeah, I'll try going around to different people's houses and watering their berries. Maybe that will work, if their berries are at the right stage. ^^

If the lump is dark brown, the soil is very moist and doesn't need water (which is why you can't water it). You should be able to water lumps that are lighter brown in color (provided that the berry plants haven't finished growing). As you go through other people's gardens you'll start to see the different soil colors :)

Yeah, the berry thing seems confusing. But I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. =)

Overall, I'd say they made the Dream World overly-complicated for Pokemon's age group, lol.

Haha, I bet most kids (the target age group for Pokemon) probably don't do the Dream World thing at all, because it's so complicated. XD

And really? In Japan, they only got one starter Pokemon from each trio? Wow, that sounds like a ripoff, because players could only receive 3 starter Pokemon in total. =/

I hope they release them differently in the US. It would be great to have ALL the Dream World versions of the starter Pokemon. ^^
Yeah... I don't have any of the three books to try, but it seems like you can't even choose which starter from each trio. And well, they kept the 'only-one-of-the-Eeveelutions-from-an-online-game' mechanic from Japan, so they may keep 'only-one-of-each-starter-trio-with-a-code' too :/ I hope not too. Although, for the Shiny Raikou/Entei/Suicune, in Japan you only got *one* of the three for buying a movie ticket, whereas the rest of the world got all three free over WiFi. So they may make the starters etc. easier to obtain here.
Yeah, the berry thing seems confusing. But I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. =)

Overall, I'd say they made the Dream World overly-complicated for Pokemon's age group, lol.

Haha, I bet most kids (the target age group for Pokemon) probably don't do the Dream World thing at all, because it's so complicated. XD
I guess it's maybe a bit like EVs/IVs... if you look into them they're very complicated, but if you don't it's just something that's there to make each Pokémon unique. The Dream World could be seen as just fun minigames to get random Pokémon and berries if you don't look too deeply, I guess.

I am really hoping that when we get Dreamworld starters we'll be able to get female versions. It makes it much easier to share them with friends that way.

I wish we'd get the Eevees soon. They are doing maintenance now so hopefully we'll get them after that :)

Looks like all that's added were the Eeveelution, Kanto starter, and Sinnoh starter giveaways...

...for Korea.

Also a certain new Japanese Pokémon TV-related giveaway I shouldn't say much about yet had some stuff done to it. Sounds good.

Some of the coding for the Eeveelutions as well as the Munna skin in the five European languages has been up for weeks or so, being refined. The Munna skin is just about finished I think, but the Eeveelutions still need a bit more work.

Can you get me one of the Kanto starters? If you have the Korean game, I mean. ^^

Or, were you just reporting the news on the Dream World?

Can you get me one of the Kanto starters? If you have the Korean game, I mean. ^^

Or, were you just reporting the news on the Dream World?
I'm just reporting about it. In Korea too they use unique codes for the starters, plus to claim them you have to verify an online identity check to make sure you're Korean. So even if I imported the Korean game I probably couldn't claim it. :\

Back
Top Bottom