• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

I have a question. There is no way to get rid of pokemon you befriended is there? Im gonna reach the limit really quick and I dont want to take the male pokemon.

I'm not sure what you mean, Are you talking about on your friend board? or at the tree of dreams?

Yeah, sometimes that happens to me, too, but I think it's because my room is on the opposite side of the house from where the modem is. Having 3 bars on the Wi-Fi signal thingy helps.

My DS is like 2 cm away from my modem :\

I'm still testing other actions/values, so that's all I can say with certainty for right now. For now, I hope this information helps. Once I have gathered some additional data, I'll post here again, and I'll update the Dream World page on Bulbapedia with my final findings.

Really cool of you do do all this research. Really is very helpful so thank you.

Anyone know if the global link will have maintenance every Tuesday? Seems that way from the wording on the site. It says "Tuesdays" and not just "Tuesday". Seems that's the case. I'd just not play today but I just unlocked the Sky course and I really wanted to try it out.

It's not just you. I'm getting, very, very bored with the same games over and over, so much so that I just can't make myself grind as fast as most people because the games have completely lost their flavor and challenge.

Same. I think I'm pretty much done with the dream world, unfortunately.

Do you think in the future that these current minigames will be cycled around along with newer minigames as they come out for variety?

I hope so myself. It'd be pretty easy to do, I don't know why nintendo wouldn't do it.

Last edited:
Does anyone find the minigames.....monotonous? Especially the Wailord game? When I first started playing the games I thought it was really fun, but now after like 50 times of playing it's getting a little old.

Do you think in the future that these current minigames will be cycled around along with newer minigames as they come out for variety? I really hope so because I have caught all Pokemon in the Pleasant Forest, and right now I'm just grinding to get into the next area. Well, I'm almost there.

My Current Amount of Dream Points: 1950

I feel like they're tedious, yes, and I would appreciate a greater variety, but because they're time limited they're also high-score based, which is why they're still fun to some extent. Except Wailord, that's mostly luck-based.

OK, I have had a few trips into the Dream World already, and I find it pretty fun overall. I managed to get a female Oddish after several tries, and a few other females of Pokémon I wanted. I didn't go in the first day, so I avoided the epic lag, and I have to say this is a great idea and I would like to see it persist in future Generations.

A bit of an iffy thing, though. Yesterday I was playing Black in my DSi (Which I usually use to connect to Wi-Fi due to my place only having WPA), and while filling up Black City and White Forest, I popped in White in my DS Lite, and ended up saving in it. Then I put my White in my DSi to tuck in a Pokémon, but it said I had to wait a day.

So... only because I saved in the system I usually don't use to connect, I have to wait a day? I didn't even use Wi-Fi in the DS Lite (I can't for obvious reasons). Only the Wireless for the Entralink. Even then, it registers I used a different system and I'm forced to wait a day. Annoying and pretty poorly developed, not to mention unnecessary. :/

Oh well... Hope I still get those Berries I harvested.

So yesterday, I was stalled while loading, at 100%, like the screencap provided. I can't access the news/promo/custom/GBU/DW/e-z mail, but I can access the front page and my profile.

The same has happened today. Anyone else encounter this error?

I just realized I actually skipped over a lot of EV reducing berries

._.

Anyway, Kelpsy get!

Does anyone know if you buy items and put them in your starter house, and then buy another house, do the items move or do you have to buy them over again?

Does anyone know if you buy items and put them in your starter house, and then buy another house, do the items move or do you have to buy them over again?

I'm sure the furniture move with the house. It would be pretty redundant and painstakingly boring to regain all the furniture you paid for after buying a new home for 300+ berries. That would be the logical thing for GameFreak to do, but I wouldn't know because I don't have either of the upgrades, yet.

So I got to play the Sky level today. Well once. Stupid they don't let you pick where you want to go. If that was so hard then why make the forest still very common? By the time I got back to the sky there was nothing there. Does anyone know if I go directly home and not explore the area at all does it count as a "turn"? I'm hoping to do the sky a few times tomorrow.

Also I hope they get some new games in soon. Sick of Wailord and the Ice Cream.

At least I got a cool Hoothoot today. Shame he is a male, but I'll still use him.

Does anyone know if I go directly home and not explore the area at all does it count as a "turn"? I'm hoping to do the sky a few times tomorrow.

You're right, it counts for every time you cross the bridge, not per amount of Pokémon befriended. You have to get the most out of all visits to the Island of Dreams until nothing appears, and since the area it picks is random, you're going to have to rely on luck.

I myself have also gotten completely and utterly sick of the Mini-Games, so I stopped going to the Island for today for a bit of a cooldown time.

If they forced at least half the visits to the forest and half to the sky (and split them evenly when you unlock the sea area) I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the DW as I do.

Right now it's just irritating to see the forest over and over, and if I DO get to see the sky area I've yet to see anything more exotic than a Zubat, once.

I just want my female Natu damnit ;_;

im talking about at the tree of dreams. It shows you what gender they are when they ask you which one you want to take.

I'm still not sure what you're saying. If I have more pokemon than can fit on one page, it gives me another one, and Pokemon don't carry over from one day to the next (unless you can wrack up multiple pokemon over multiple days) but when you wake up your pokemon and put them back to sleep it empties out your Tree of Dreams list, i know that much at least.

I actually didn't notice the board didn't clear up unless you took a Pokémon. I only accepted one this time because Gliscor is too good to pass up.

Does anyone find the minigames.....monotonous? Especially the Wailord game? When I first started playing the games I thought it was really fun, but now after like 50 times of playing it's getting a little old.

Do you think in the future that these current minigames will be cycled around along with newer minigames as they come out for variety? I really hope so because I have caught all Pokemon in the Pleasant Forest, and right now I'm just grinding to get into the next area. Well, I'm almost there.

My Current Amount of Dream Points: 1950

It's not just you. I'm getting, very, very bored with the same games over and over, so much so that I just can't make myself grind as fast as most people because the games have completely lost their flavor and challenge.

Same. I think I'm pretty much done with the dream world, unfortunately.

I feel like they're tedious, yes, and I would appreciate a greater variety, but because they're time limited they're also high-score based, which is why they're still fun to some extent. Except Wailord, that's mostly luck-based.

You're right, it counts for every time you cross the bridge, not per amount of Pokémon befriended. You have to get the most out of all visits to the Island of Dreams until nothing appears, and since the area it picks is random, you're going to have to rely on luck.

I myself have also gotten completely and utterly sick of the Mini-Games, so I stopped going to the Island for today for a bit of a cooldown time.

same here :/ i find myself not even staying the full hour anymore. Once you have all the EV Berries, and have found most of the pokes you want from the island areas you want, there is VERRRRY little left to do other than maybe try to find some ppl you know irl.

thus far i've clocked myself at going in no longer then 30mins, 15mins one time :/

If they forced at least half the visits to the forest and half to the sky (and split them evenly when you unlock the sea area) I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the DW as I do.

Right now it's just irritating to see the forest over and over, and if I DO get to see the sky area I've yet to see anything more exotic than a Zubat, once.

I just want my female Natu damnit ;_;

i've been lucky i guess. out of maybe 6x going to the island, i'll be sent to the forest about only once. But i'll be damned if i can find that awesome aerodactyl again :( i was so stupid for taking the exeggcute y-y

Back
Top Bottom