• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

I randomly had to go through the tutorial again today. Wouldn't be so bad but...why does it have to lag so much when it comes up? D|

I did get a Shinx today~ I dunno how you guys get 500+ points / a heart though, I never get beyond the little musical note. Then again, sometimes I skip playing games with Pokémon, like if I run into a Rattata. Or Bidoof. GTFO BIDOOF. Maybe that's why.

Aaah less than 300 points away from the Sky area. I wanna Aerodactyl :3

PS: So.. does anyone else have a daily route they take through their friends?

Yeah, I wanted a Ledyba, too, but also wanted one that's Female. I know that it gets Iron Fist when it evolves, so scoring a ThunderPunch would be amazing, but then I found out that Ledian's ATK stat is near abysmal compared to it's already bad SPATK; really GameFreak? What a waste..

ya, i have my own run :p one of my dw friends is connected to a HUGE network of Japanese players (being Japanese himself), and i make a daily run through most of his friends, usually making my way to a specific user. Funny enough, his friends are so connected that, if i run through enough randomly generated neighbors, i bump into one or more of his friends xD

Did anyone else find it weird though, how some Japanese players are friends with another user of the EXACT same name? O_O different islands, different houses, but same name :eek:

oh and i saw that too :/ what a waste if i ever saw one! but i guess it makes for a surprising move in a heated battle when fighting a weak flying or non-bulky water type? -shrug-

Few things i learned today.

The EV reducing berries have had their grow time increased from 36 hours to at least 48, so you get a max of 3 crops a week now i guess.
It's not as if you could have harvested them at 36 hours anyway
Pokemon who level up to a level where they'd normally learn a move, don't learn that move, same as the pokewalker, which is dissapointing, I would have figure'd they'd fix that by now.
So you'd much rather have them erase moves that you don't want erased, especially if they're event Pokemon rather than just using a Heart Scale to relearn?

It's not as if you could have harvested them at 36 hours anyway
Sure i could have, just pick two times that are easy enough to be awake for, like 7AM and 7PM, and rotate days.
So you'd much rather have them erase moves that you don't want erased, especially if they're event Pokemon rather than just using a Heart Scale to relearn?
If heart scales were as easy to come by in this generation as the pokewalker made them that wouldn't be an issue.

No what i would've preferred is a "X leveled up while in the dream world, X is trying to learn Y move" thing when you wake them up.

Almost forgot about this business this evening. Did a quick 45 minutes and the only female I found was an Anorith with Stealth Rock.

Swee-eet.

Will she pass that on to offspring or do I have to use her directly to have a DW Anorith with Stealth Rock?

Sure i could have, just pick two times that are easy enough to be awake for, like 7AM and 7PM, and rotate days.
If heart scales were as easy to come by in this generation as the pokewalker made them that wouldn't be an issue.

But you can get one Heart Scale a day from a girl in Driftveil by showing her a Pokemon with a specific move she requests.

I now have all the EV berries. :) Just 60 points to Windswept Sky! I hardly ever find interconnected JJ's (Jenerous Japanese), and when I do, they ignore my friend requests. Hopefully I'll find someone soon.

Question about Dream World

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, or has already been asked. I searched for it and didn't quite find what I was looking for. I was wondering if it's possible for my character on White to be a dream pal with my character on Black? I have both FC registered in both games, and they have both been in the wi-fi club together, but I'm not quite sure how to find my black's dream home on my white.

If this has already been asked, please show me the thread and delete this one. And if it's in the wrong area, just move it. I figured since it was Black/White related, it could go here.

Almost forgot about this business this evening. Did a quick 45 minutes and the only female I found was an Anorith with Stealth Rock.

Swee-eet.

Will she pass that on to offspring or do I have to use her directly to have a DW Anorith with Stealth Rock?

What do you mean by "use her directly"? and she has a 40% chance of passing her ability to her offspring.

Got a female Goldeen today and she knows Psybeam. Crazy stuff. Especially since she has Lightningrod as her ability and that now negates Electric moves and raises her Special attack. Crazy stuff.

What do you mean by "use her directly"? and she has a 40% chance of passing her ability to her offspring.

Well, if I want to breed for, say, a Jolly Armaldo with 31 in Attack and speed IVs I can use her to get the dream-world ability on it. But she wont pass Stealth Rock on to her kids. If I want an Armaldo with Stealth Rock it means I have to just level her up, so I have to make do without being able to breed for natures/IVs.

Which is a little annoying.

It doesn't have Stealth Rock as an Egg Move, but if you haven't already caught it, you could soft reset for nature/IVs.

Got a real nice female Mareep today. I'm still very frustrated about the tenancy for the game to put me in PF instead of WS . . . I've only gotten WS twice in White and never in Black since unlocking it.

really? well that's mysterious. I'll check it again.

Please do and let me know if it still doesn't seem to add up. Did you also account for the 50 Dream Points you receive every time you log into the Dream World? It could be something as simple as those points + watering two neighbors' berry patches or playing one of the minigames on Dream Island and forgetting to record them that would add up to the 70 point discrepancy.

Someone on the Talk page of the wiki also said they had a 30 point discrepancy that they believe came from swapping 3 items. Every time I've checked in my own Dream World, neither my harvested berries nor swapped items contribute anything toward my total Dream Points when I log out and check my Profile, though.

My initial inclination is to believe these are just flukes; we can't be sure unless we have more data. If anyone else is tracking their Dream Points before entering and after leaving the Dream World, please let me know if you notice any of these discrepancies yourself. Make sure you record the number of neighbors' berries you water (up to 20 per day via the watering limit) as well as the number of minigames you complete successfully on Dream Isle, and remember to account for the 50 DP you receive just by virtue of logging in.

Tonight I'm going to double-check swapping again by logging in, swapping for as many items as possible with neighbors, and then logging out without doing anything else. I expect my profile to only show a gain of 50 DP from logging in, but we shall see!

If there are still some doubts about the berry harvesting then I will do a similar test on Tuesday - login, only harvest berries, then log back out without doing anything else.

Re: Question about Dream World

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, or has already been asked. I searched for it and didn't quite find what I was looking for. I was wondering if it's possible for my character on White to be a dream pal with my character on Black? I have both FC registered in both games, and they have both been in the wi-fi club together, but I'm not quite sure how to find my black's dream home on my white.

If this has already been asked, please show me the thread and delete this one. And if it's in the wrong area, just move it. I figured since it was Black/White related, it could go here.

As far as I know, they removed the option to be dream pals with the people you have registered in your Pal Pad. I find that really stupid. Hopefully it returns. I have no idea why they removed it. A search function would be helpful too.

Today was Ledyba day apparently. I didn't do my black DW yesterday but still had put my Riolu to bed so I was able to get a second pokemon from Dream world. Got a male Ledyba with thunderpunch and then a female Ledyba.

i finally got a chance to go back to the dream world after 3 days. harvested all my berries, and got super fang female zubat from the island. good welcome back run for me

Back
Top Bottom