• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

I want to help, but I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Could you try to rephrase it? :sweatlol:

Sorry, it's kind of confusing...anyways, when you have someone on your friends list, supposedly you can go to their world and do quests via the bridges in the extralink forest base camp. You cross the bridge and it starts searching for people in your 'area' on the friends list. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm trying to figure out why it will sometime detect one of my DS's I have running, but not the other. It seems like it's kind of random in picking them up. I'm not sure if it's using wireless, IR, or network connection to determine if someone is in your extralink area. What's wierd is I show up on C-gear on both consoles.

Oooh --is he asking about that thing where you visit other people's worlds via the Entralink? I thought he was having an issue to do with the Dream World... That's why I didn't understand him. Now I feel stupid, lol.

And yeah, this isn't the place for that, but curiously enough, my friend and I have been able to do everything but that. It won't let us visit each other's worlds. Whatever, not worrying about it for now.
Yep, that's what I'm talking about. If this isn't the place for it, do you know where then? It's sort of Dream World-ish, not exactly, but as close as I can find.

Godstar: best place would probably be in the Black and White Help Thread. It's stickied at the top of this forum section. :)

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. If this isn't the place for it, do you know where then? It's sort of Dream World-ish, not exactly, but as close as I can find.

I'm sorry... :-( I can't help you because I've had the same problem. I need to look into it too. If I can get it to work properly, I'll send you a message. It does get wonky sometimes doesn't it? I've saved all the Pass Orbs I've come across for this purpose and still haven't been able to use them.

Let me know if you can fix it. I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure what's the best place for you to ask this. Maybe this thread?

EDIT: BlindTyldak beat me to it. But yeah, that's a good place to ask, I think. :XD:

I am still having fun, but playing the Sky Race with every other pokemon is getting tedious. And when it is not that, it is usually the game with Wailord.

I failed the "Find the Missing Pokemon" minigame today for the first time. Feels bad man...:-(

yeah got 10,380 points now in dream world and took out 20 pokemon :p found a dratini but it was boy :( oh well next time found a barboach female with spark loli took barboach! i got a question is about the female pokemon ability i know if u breed a female the baby will get the ability. so if i got goldeen with lightning rod do i need another male goldeen to get a goldeen with lightning rod the question is if i use ditto does it breed me a goldeen lightning rod?

Last edited:
I really hope they introduce more mini-games. They can't be serious about having only four mini-games. :sweat:

yeah got 10,380 points now in dream world and took out 20 pokemon :p found a dratini but it was boy :( oh well next time found a barboach female with spark loli took barboach! i got a question is about the female pokemon ability i know if u breed a female the baby will get the ability. so if i got goldeen with lightning rod do i need another male goldeen to get a goldeen with lightning rod the question is if i use ditto does it breed me a goldeen lightning rod?

from what i've read on various sites, in order to pass down the ability, the female has to breed with another of its species (ie. gible and gible, not gible and gabite/garchomp, and not gible&ditto, gible&torkoal etc.)

from what i've read on various sites, in order to pass down the ability, the female has to breed with another of its species (ie. gible and gible, not gible and gabite/garchomp, and not gible&ditto, gible&torkoal etc.)
No, just a male that isn't Ditto, because Ditto is always the female. Except when it has the ability.

just logged into the DW for the 1st time in about a week. not too bad a time actually. i was lucky enough to snag this! :D
dreamworld-aerodactylfemale.png

what are the odds of finding a female fossil poke? seriously, i've been dieing for one ^w^ yay

other than that, big harvest since i hadn't been on in like 5 days :p and sent home ~11 of each ev berry. and i finally broke over 5,000 dw points.

Last edited:
Eh, I've seen a couple. :B
Furthermore Aerodactyl's DW ability sucks. :(

The forest is not so annoyng anymore because I just achieved over 7500 DW points to unlock even more Pokemon! I encountered Buneary and Pachirisu for the first time today. Sent Pachirisu to my game. I also encountered a blue Shellos and Qwilfish for the first time today. Can't wait to earn more points to unlock Lapras and Dratini!

I've found nearly every EV berry, but I'm missing the Defense one.

I got a female Oddish and earlier an Igglybuff and Zubat.
I've been skipping every Wailord mini-game since those take so long to complete, and it's been much easier to get in multiple visits to the island.

The forest is not so annoyng anymore because I just achieved over 7500 DW points to unlock even more Pokemon! I encountered Buneary and Pachirisu for the first time today. Sent Pachirisu to my game. I also encountered a blue Shellos and Qwilfish for the first time today. Can't wait to earn more points to unlock Lapras and Dratini!

So, do both kinds of Shellos appear in the Dream World?

Haven't been on in a while (academics, if you actually care), but I logged on yesterday to harvest my EV berries and plant some more. I now have 25-30 Hondews, about 15 Kelpsys (ies?) and Tamatos, and about 5 Pomegs & Qualots. I now have 1 Grepa, 2 Pomegs, and 4 Hondews/Kelpsies on the field.

Anyways, got to Sparkling Sea yesterday. Brought home a ThunderPunch Rattled Ledyba. Also made a new Dream Pal :). That's about it, so today I hope to do more.

Not exactly. As long as it's the female that has the Dream World ability, and as long as Ditto isn't involved in the breeding process, there will be a chance for the offspring to have the Dream World ability. Yesterday, I bred multiple Murkrow, using a female Prankster Murkrow and a male Altaria. About half the offspring hatched with Prankster.

But what about if the Ditto is the one with its Dream World ability?

With a mustache?

Not exactly. As long as it's the female that has the Dream World ability, and as long as Ditto isn't involved in the breeding process, there will be a chance for the offspring to have the Dream World ability. Yesterday, I bred multiple Murkrow, using a female Prankster Murkrow and a male Altaria. About half the offspring hatched with Prankster.

But what about if the Ditto is the one with its Dream World ability?

With a mustache?

ah ok, ya i kept hear conflicting things so its good to have something definitive.

hmm...that i'm not sure about :O

and in other news...
i noticed something while playing the find a pokemon game..when i got off i saw that i had enough points to unlock sparkling sea, but never actually got there i was only taken to the sky and forest at about a 6:1 ratio (amazingly i found pokemon on SIX trips, not just 4 :O) and saw that when i played the find a pokemon game, roughly 6 out of 8 times i played it, i was made to search through the sea.

now, back when i had just unlocked the sky but was still in the forest, i was sent to search for a pokemon through the sky. so does that serve as any kinda hint as to if you've unlocked or are about to unlock an area? i just thought it was an interesting observation.

i noticed something while playing the find a pokemon game..when i got off i saw that i had enough points to unlock sparkling sea, but never actually got there i was only taken to the sky and forest at about a 6:1 ratio (amazingly i found pokemon on SIX trips, not just 4 :O) and saw that when i played the find a pokemon game, roughly 6 out of 8 times i played it, i was made to search through the sea.

now, back when i had just unlocked the sky but was still in the forest, i was sent to search for a pokemon through the sky. so does that serve as any kinda hint as to if you've unlocked or are about to unlock an area? i just thought it was an interesting observation.

I've noticed this too, and it makes me feel like the game is making fun of me by teasing me with the area I want to see and not letting me access it! :conangry:

But it didn't take me this long to see the Sky. It's been four days now since I have enough Dream Points for the Sea (almost 6000) and still nothing. :bawl:

just logged into the DW for the 1st time in about a week. not too bad a time actually. i was lucky enough to snag this! :D
dreamworld-aerodactylfemale.png

what are the odds of finding a female fossil poke? seriously, i've been dieing for one ^w^ yay

other than that, big harvest since i hadn't been on in like 5 days :p and sent home ~11 of each ev berry. and i finally broke over 5,000 dw points.

You know you could have gone to Twist Mountain and gotten Old Amber, right?

Back
Top Bottom