• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

Oh my God, FINALLY!!! Today I got to Sparkling Sea. I think it took like a week until it sent me there! I'm already at almost 7000 Dream Points. How frustrating. :dizzy: Happily, I was able to send a Corsola to my game, which was nice.

Frankly I had really begun to worry that my account had something messed up. I was so sick and tired of seeing the Forest and especially the Sky over and over! Until yesterday, the DW had lost all element of fun for me and become tedious and irritating. Lol.

But I'm very satisfied tonight. :crush: Hopefully tomorrow I get to go to the Sea at least once too (it was twice the Sea tonight, twice the Sky, and several times the Forest.)

I better get to bed, it's almost 3:00am here. :dead:

So far the starters have only been given away with unique codes, in Japan the Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh ones and in Korea the Kanto ones. As such any European-languages' giveaway would probably be similar, though nothing's been announced yet. And Pikachu hasn't been given out anywhere afaik.
Unique codes? So, what does that mean? Were they given away only for a limited time or something? Sorry, I don't understand what you're talking about there, with codes. ^^;

And that's kinda lame. I wish they would just have the starters there in the Dream World, like all the random Mareep, Bidoof, Doduo, and other Pokemon that you can find. =/

I wonder when the US will get the starters. Hopefully, we'll get them soon! I really want them!

Unique codes? So, what does that mean? Were they given away only for a limited time or something? Sorry, I don't understand what you're talking about there, with codes. ^^;

And that's kinda lame. I wish they would just have the starters there in the Dream World, like all the random Mareep, Bidoof, Doduo, and other Pokemon that you can find. =/

I wonder when the US will get the starters. Hopefully, we'll get them soon! I really want them!

i think each code was one use and unique to its source/book. in that it wasn't a master code that was the same for everyone and could be used multiple times.

What? English please?

What do codes have to do with the Dream World? o_O

Codes sounds like it has to do with using an Action Replay or something, lol.

Oh, I see. =O

Hmm, I wonder why they gave out the Eevee evolutions, through a game on pokemon.com?

They'll probably do the same thing for the starter Pokemon. I hope not, though. Because that game on pokemon.com was just too difficult for me to beat (I kept losing all my lives). =/

Before the DreamWorld started in Japan, they also had a mini-game for the Eeveelutions; although I don't know if it was the same (Awful) game we had.

Before the DreamWorld started in Japan, they also had a mini-game for the Eeveelutions; although I don't know if it was the same (Awful) game we had.
It wasn't, it was a mini online RPG, which looking back at it now could be a precursor to the Island of Dreams from descricaptions, just with more Pokémon and areas. I never played it to know from experience.

And yeah, by codes I mean that every copy of certain Pokémon books in Japan came with a black and white sheet of paper with a 16-digit code printed on it. Every copy had a seperate and different code, and each code could only be used once. Also rather annoyingly you didn't get to choose which of each starter set you got, you got randomly say, a Bulbasaur OR a Charmander OR a Squirtle and could only get one out of each trio per game. And breeding-wise it doesn't help that all the promotional DW Pokémon are male...

I absolutely despised the Eeveelution game for several reasons. I'm usually good at LBreakout (I've beaten the game lol), and I had issues with it:

- soooo object-heavy. My slow computer couldn't handle it
- sometimes the ball went through the paddle.
- It didn't obey the laws of physics; notably that the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection (I know that's optics, I couldn't remember the terms for mass, shutup)

So I had issues with the games.

I had a decent Dream World session yesterday. I found a Kangaskhan and a female Exeggcute. I decided to go with the Exeggcute. I believe my current Dream Points are at like 2,250 or something like that.

In regards to promotion Pokémon, I'm also hoping that they never do games for them at all like they did with the Eevee evolution game. That game had too many problems. I must have beaten it like 50 times or so and every time I kept a Leafeon or an Espeon but still it never ended up saving at all - not even once so basically I just gave up with it.

ok, this is insane, i know that usually after 3-4 trips to the island of dreams it runs dry and you can't find anything, but this time i was able to go 12 times, yes, TWELVE O_O

i was there litterally my whole hour, and befriended about 20 pokemon! i only stopped going cuz i had like 2mins left on my hour (and i have a fast comp so each page only takes seconds to load).

here's a screenshot of all the pokes i befriended. i wasn't able to send any home though cuz i like to look up what's best and just didn't have the time today :X
dreamworld-befriendedpokemon.png

why is it that sometimes you run out of pokemon in 4 trips but others just go on and on and on??
i checked how many points i got and i'm now at 6230, i went in with only 5090, so that means i earned 1140 points in one session O_O

Did I miss something? o_O How were you able to go to the Island more than once in one session?

I have over 7000 points and I saw some stuff today that I didn't before
-Gligar
-Skarmory
-Wailmer
-Remoraid
-Tropius

Only Buneary and gligar were female though. Took Buneary.

As long as you don't make a wish at the tree, you can keep going back until nothing shows up.

So does that mean as long as you don't make a wish, you can keep returning until you find the pokemon you want?

So does that mean as long as you don't make a wish, you can keep returning until you find the pokemon you want?

Within reason, yes. Eventually you'll just get a "blank run" where you'll have no sparkling areas or shaking areas. If you get lucky enough on the 5 or 6 runs where stuff actually does show up to find what you want, then you got it. Otherwise you'll have to pick something else.

I'm not entirely sure if you skip making a wish that day and come back the next day you're able to make two wishes the next day. I doubt that's the case. More than likely if you don't make a wish one day you forfeit the wish for that day. Again someone else has to confirm that as I always make a wish.

You don't get to make extra wishes but the Pokemon you've befriended stays as wishable Pokemon until something is wished for.

I've had occasions where I leave a pokemon in the DW on a day I didn't find anything I wanted and the next day I keep getting "blank runs" so I had wake it up and put another pokemon to sleep so that I could find pokemon and items again. So I figure there's a certain amount of times you can send your sleeping mon there per sleep.

I have over 7000 points and I saw some stuff today that I didn't before
-Gligar
-Skarmory
-Wailmer
-Remoraid
-Tropius

Only Buneary and gligar were female though. Took Buneary.

Whoa, you're only seeing Gligar now? I've been seeing them since I had about 3000 points... Not sure exactly when it started to appear but shortly after the Sky was unlocked for me. Weird.

I've had occasions where I leave a pokemon in the DW on a day I didn't find anything I wanted and the next day I keep getting "blank runs" so I had wake it up and put another pokemon to sleep so that I could find pokemon and items again. So I figure there's a certain amount of times you can send your sleeping mon there per sleep.
Yeah, that's happened to me as well. I left a Pokemon sleeping and the next day I was able to go through the island only twice before getting a blank run.

Back
Top Bottom