• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

Damn Rugged Mountain. It says everywhere that Larvitar appears by default in this area, but I've spent two weeks looking for a Larvitar and nothing... in fact, I meet much less Pokémon at Rugged Mountain than another areas. Is there a different encounter ratio for each Pokémon in DW, or I'm just unlucky?

I've noticed this too. It is rare that i ever find an actual pokemon in RM as opposed to the other areas that seem to be infested with them.

This may be a noob question, but how do you get new areas in the DW? I have just recently started playing it and I want to know how to get new areas so I can get my Lileep. Thanks.

This may be a noob question, but how do you get new areas in the DW? I have just recently started playing it and I want to know how to get new areas so I can get my Lileep. Thanks.
You get new areas by meeting certain requirements. The default areas are Pleasant Forest,Spooky Manor and Rugged Mountain, those are avalailable from the start. Other areas are unlocked by reaching a certain amount of Dream Points and badges in your game:
Windswept Sky: 2500 Dream Points ans 4 badges in Pokemon Black or White
Sparkling Sea: 5000 Dream Points and 8 badges in Pokemon Black or White.
Once you reach these requirements, the next time you sync your game, the new areas will be unlocked and you may be sent there( the area you go to on the Dream Isle is randomly chosen)

Also some areas may be available as a special promotion, like Pokemon Cafe was in japan last summer, which is no longer available.

I think it just depends on when you enter the area. My first run through Dream World nets me the most Pokémon, while each iteration I slow find less and less. So far each time I seen Rugged Mountain it's been at the start of my dream so I end up seeing a lot of Pokémon. I've seen Larvitar twice in the three times I've been there, but each time I've found better Pokémon like Machop and Mankey (well not better, me and my buddies just prefer originals).

I think it just depends on when you enter the area. My first run through Dream World nets me the most Pokémon, while each iteration I slow find less and less. So far each time I seen Rugged Mountain it's been at the start of my dream so I end up seeing a lot of Pokémon. I've seen Larvitar twice in the three times I've been there, but each time I've found better Pokémon like Machop and Mankey (well not better, me and my buddies just prefer originals).

I went a day where I was sent nowhere other than the RM, so even when I go there for my 1st trip of the session, it's still as barren as a menopausal shrew's womb.

Really? Well that disproves my theory. Shame there couldn't be at least one thing normalized as it seems like every little thing in the Dream World is random. :(

I finally got an Inferno Misdreavus today. :D Now it's time to try for the Hyper Voice Chimecho and some of the other DW exclusive moves.

I'm getting a little bored of going to the Spooky Manor though. I seem to go there 90% of the time. I've never been to the sky area or Sparkling sea. And I've only been to Rugged Mountain three times, and Pleasant Forest twice. I don't think it's being very fair >.<

I went a day where I was sent nowhere other than the RM, so even when I go there for my 1st trip of the session, it's still as barren as a menopausal shrew's womb.

It may be my imagination, but it often seems to me that the Rugged Mountain has fewer pokemon than the other areas. It seems to have fewer pokemon and more items, but that's just a subjective impression.

i reached the 1hr limit in dreamworld , but i haven't sent any pokemon back to entralink. will it still be in dreamworld 24hrs later? or do i have to find it again?

i reached the 1hr limit in dreamworld , but i haven't sent any pokemon back to entralink. will it still be in dreamworld 24hrs later? or do i have to find it again?

Yes, if you have not wished for a pokemon then the list of encountered pokemon will be the same when you next visit; it will not have been blanked.

Sooooo apparently they're doing site maintenance on March 6th. Could they be adding new areas or new Pokemon to existing areas?

I hope they are because the current areas are getting frustrating and there's only five Pokemon I don't have from the DW.

Sooooo apparently they're doing site maintenance on March 6th. Could they be adding new areas or new Pokemon to existing areas?

I hope they are because the current areas are getting frustrating and there's only five Pokemon I don't have from the DW.

I wouldn't hold your breath, when they add new stuff, they usually announce that they are doing so ahead of time :T

Anyone out there have a March birthday? My birthday is March 21 and I went in to get the Birthday Togekiss but I dont have it. I checked that I accurately put in my birthday and I did. Ive been all through my pokemon trainer account and golbal link account to look for it but no luck. Is it possible they are just late putting up the March birthdays? Did this happen to anyone else in their birthday month?

Anyone out there have a March birthday? My birthday is March 21 and I went in to get the Birthday Togekiss but I dont have it. I checked that I accurately put in my birthday and I did. Ive been all through my pokemon trainer account and golbal link account to look for it but no luck. Is it possible they are just late putting up the March birthdays? Did this happen to anyone else in their birthday month?

Mine is March 26, and I haven't gotten a notification, either. :\

They are notorious for not sending the announcements on the 1st of each month, though I was lucky they did for February :3

Just wait a day or three and you'll get one.

Thanks you were right I just got the email today the 2nd! Yeah Togekiss-Its got extremespeed also-I thought it would just have Present. Pleasantly surprised!

They are notorious for not sending the announcements on the 1st of each month, though I was lucky they did for February :3

Just wait a day or three and you'll get one.

How do u register your birthday with them? Cause mine is in march as well and idk how to do it.

How do u register your birthday with them? Cause mine is in march as well and idk how to do it.

It was one of the fields you had to enter in order to make an account with them.

Today's English Dream World session was extremely boring. I was sent to the Sparkling Sea and Pleasant Forest areas twice and I only befriended male Pokemon. I didn't even know which Pokemon I wanted to keep, so I chose at random (it ended up being a Bellsprout). I returned to my Dream House shortly after that and I redecorated; I hate having the same furniture arrangement for more than a few days. I harvested my berries and I planted some others. I visited other peoples' gardens, but I didn't find any dry berries to water so I signed off.

Hey guys look what i just found! :D (warning large image!) The code is in the image :)
PokeDoll-VictiniPokeDollCode.png

I can't believe we finally got a PokeDoll! :D

Back
Top Bottom