• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

Ahhh I got nothing but pleasant forest in the dream world today, it was annoying it would not take me anywhere else :I And when it did no pokemon or items showed them self's! On the upside I got a volt absorb Pachirisu.

Do you think anyone will be adding the new item artwork from Icy Cave (The move gems mostly these would be helpful to me <XD) to the Item area of bulbapedia's Archives anytime soon? I've always found the artwork from the dream world rather clean and nice~ (And as good reference for drawing the items)

welp. My efforts last night came in just about null. Even though it was a new session, my Icy Cave was practically barren save for the dozen pass orbs i found :I
Didn't find a pokemon that i didn't already have, so i just took home a ground gem. Here's to hoping my trip tonight doesn't produce more of the sameness as last night :U

EDIT:

Huzzah! My attempt was not in vain. It was looking grim there for a few trips but on my 3rd to last pass through, the isle of dreams gave me a female aromatherapy Cleffa! Every single time i ever came across one they were always male male male. I had begun to think it was impossible to get this thing female :I

Ran into a bit of a glitch though when i tried to view it on my friend board. I was even kicked out of the DW :U
dreamworld-listerror.png
But the next time i tried after refreshing the page allowed me to see it /shrugs

Came across quite a few goodies while searching for a female i didn't already have, so if any of you are in world 2, feel free to stop on by my share shelf if you like what you see ;)
shareshelfgoodies.png

In addition to the Cleffa, i ended up taking home a rock/psychic/dragon gem, 2 yellow shards, and a heart scale.
I also have 294 - durin / 275 - watmel / 202 - leppa berries so im really close to getting that new Hawaiian Island dream home :3
And with 58,340 DW Pts, i think im ok to stop feeling the need to run my watering can dry every session xD

Last edited:
Much like yourlilemogirl's response to toodlesnoodles, catching Pokémon within the Dream World is a big time understatement for me as well. I've made it my mission to catch all available Pokémon within the Dream World that can be female provided that they have a Dream ability. I'm not bothering with the male-only ones or the Genderless ones anymore since they can't pass down their Dream abilities.

Anyway last night I only went to the Icy Cave twice and I acquired a female Cranidos so that completes my collection of the Dream World-acquired Sinnoh Fossils. Now I just need to complete my collection of the Kanto and Hoenn Fossil Pokémon from within the Dream World since I already have Omanyte and Anorith from a previous dream adventure.

Last edited:
I keep on tucking in fire and rock types but I never get sent to Rugged Mountain, only Icy Cave.

I keep on tucking in fire and rock types but I never get sent to Rugged Mountain, only Icy Cave.

I've read that based on some type tests done for the DW, your best bet into getting in to the Mountain is to tuck in a Fire/Fighting pokemon.
Okey dokey, I'll try that. I previously tried Camerupt but had little results with that.

I've read that based on some type tests done for the DW, your best bet into getting in to the Mountain is to tuck in a Fire/Fighting pokemon.
Okey dokey, I'll try that. I previously tried Camerupt but had little results with that.

Here's a more complete list:
Q: Does the type of Pokemon I tuck-in influence which area I go to?
A: Yes, depending on the Pokemon's type you'll visit a certain area more often than others, here is a list of which types each area prefers (list is tentative):

Type - Area

Bug - Pleasant Forest
Dark - Spooky Manor
Dragon - No Preference
Electric - Pleasant Forest
Fire - Rugged Mountain
Fighting - Rugged Mountain
Flying - Windswept Sky
Ghost - Spooky Manor
Grass - Pleasant Forest
Ground - Icy Cave and Rugged Mountain
Ice - Icy Cave
Normal - No Preference
Rock - Icy Cave and Rugged Mountain
Poison - Pleasant Forest
Psychic - Spooky Manor
Steel - Icy Cave and Rugged Mountain
Water - Sparkling Sea

I should be more thoughtful of what Pokemon I send to Dream World. I usually sent a Porygon-Z that was sitting around in my box. XD

Oh yes, finally found a Leppa Berry in Dream World today. :D

How do you make Dream Pals and visit people's islands? (The Dream Pal thing here doesn't count for the answer.)

How do you make Dream Pals and visit people's islands? (The Dream Pal thing here doesn't count for the answer.)

What specifically are you looking for then? As the Dream Pal thread here gives a direct, step by step, way of visiting and befriending ppl. Do you just not know how to visit other ppl while in the DW or...?

59kpoints.png
Well after quite a while, i was able to get the Tropical Hut :D I really like it, and the floor is even made of glass so you can see the water below :D

I also was able to find a female Spheal, so now im only down to one illusive female Cubone until i've got all the dw females im able to get on my own without a White 2 cart. Was also able to find a few nice items as well, nothing as fancy as a few days ago, but nice nonetheless. Took home a fire and dragon gem though.

59kpoints.png
Well after quite a while, i was able to get the Tropical Hut :D I really like it, and the floor is even made of glass so you can see the water below :D

I also was able to find a female Spheal, so now im only down to one illusive female Cubone until i've got all the dw females im able to get on my own without a White 2 cart. Was also able to find a few nice items as well, nothing as fancy as a few days ago, but nice nonetheless. Took home a fire and dragon gem though.

So the hut's based on Seigaiha city then? I'll be sure to get that for my B2W2 home.

im only down to one illusive female Cubone until i've got all the dw females

The DW has been a very cruel mistress to me this past week :/
I'm either given 4-6 chances with Cubone only for them all to be male, or I'm not shown a single one. And just this morning, while I was wandering through Icy Cave, I was logged out of the Island and sent back to the main PGL page >=[ So naturally, glitch or not, that counted against my trip numbers. ugh. When I went back in I wasn't sent to Icy Cave til the very end. Still no luck on Cubone.

I'm thinking I'm just going to give up on trying to find one on my own and just trade someone else for it. And with that out of the way, once again I hold no use for the DW other than to collect the plushies and grow random berries sometimes :U

yay double posting and a necro-bumb lol

I'm wondering, with all these c-gear skins and decor items coming out in the Dream World, are the skins at the very least transferable to a second linked game file? Like let's say i've been getting all these downloadable things onto my DW account with my White game. If/when i get White 2 and add it to the same Trainer Account/DW Account as my White 1, will i be able to put the skins/musicals onto my White 2 game?

or is that a big fat no? :S

I haven't been on DW in a while, but not long enough to where my berries start turning into Dream Points. Today, I got a Kangaskhan. I love Kangaskhan, so I'm happy. xD I also got the new Klink C-Gear skin.

I'm wondering, with all these c-gear skins and decor items coming out in the Dream World, are the skins at the very least transferable to a second linked game file? Like let's say i've been getting all these downloadable things onto my DW account with my White game. If/when i get White 2 and add it to the same Trainer Account/DW Account as my White 1, will i be able to put the skins/musicals onto my White 2 game?

It's a big fat no, unfortunately.

It's a big fat no, unfortunately.

fudge monkeys! then what on earth is the incentive to link games to a single account beyond the chance to catch gen 5 pokes (which you could just as easily trade for x.x)?

Back
Top Bottom