• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dubious Database (Simple Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dubious Database (Simple Questions/Answers)

This probably has been asked many,many times, but what happens if a person has a hacked pokemon. Not horrendously hacked, like a wonder guard sableye, but still hacked.

Most likely, nothing. Hacks would have to be very poorly done to affect your game. Virtually everyone who has ever traded on Wifi or used the GTS has hacks on their game whether they know it or not.

Can you battle Oak in Soul Silver?

I heard about people battling Oak in some games. Can you battle him in Soul Silver? If you can, how and what do you need?

is it considered legit if i am masuda methoding and using instantegg/ fast hatch codes to get my shiny faster.

the ditto and koffing are legit and no code is used in the alteration of the shininess, just a code that gives you eggs faster and another one that makes them hatch faster.

Re: Is it considered legit

Not really. If the Pokemon itself that from the egg isn't hacked, then no.

The Pokemon itself isn't hacked, so I would say it's legit.
I'm sure others may argue but WELP.

Most people consider fast hatch to be OK. I don't know why you'd waste time Masuda Methoding at all when you could just RNG a shiny egg...

is it considered legit if i am masuda methoding and using instantegg/ fast hatch codes to get my shiny faster.

the ditto and koffing are legit and no code is used in the alteration of the shininess, just a code that gives you eggs faster and another one that makes them hatch faster.

fast hatch is no problem. instant egg causes the rng to run ahead of where it should be, so it would look like you save-resetted for the same egg over an extremely long period of time. one would have to be looking extremely closely to catch that, though. and even then it really doesn't make a huge difference.

Depends on the code you use. If you're stupid and make typos inputting the codes in manually (as I may be forced to do with my clunkity-ass craptop), you could. I doubt people would deliberately trick you into screwing up your game here, though.

Also, apparently extensive abuse of the walk through walls cheat can screw up your game, as can the use of many cheats at once. Or so I hear.

fast hatch is no problem. instant egg causes the rng to run ahead of where it should be, so it would look like you save-resetted for the same egg over an extremely long period of time. one would have to be looking extremely closely to catch that, though. and even then it really doesn't make a huge difference.

Would it passe legit.exe ?

LEGAL.exe. Not "legit.exe", which doesn't exist.

And yes.

LEGAL.exe. Not "legit.exe", which doesn't exist.

And yes.

Thank you .

Just a last question, would the masuda method still work or would it cancel "shininess"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok, kind of a noobish question but...

Can you send a Pokemon egg to your game with sendpkm? If so, does it work with the Manaphy egg?

pretty simple question here...

when RNGing for shiny eggs using the "Masuda Method" (international parent) which of these parent combos work:

english & english (1/~8000 i know that one)
english & japanese or w/e (1/~2000 i know that too)

however...

japanese & japanese (1/~2000 or 1/~8000 ???)
german & japanese (as above ???)

A Ho-oh in Viridian Forest?

A while back my friend told me that in his Leafgreen he encountered a Ho-oh in Viridian Forest. He was pretty new to Pokemon, so I didn't believe him. Instead I told him that it was probably just another bird Pokemon. But after a couple years,(of which he has become better acquainted with the series) he still insists that he saw a Ho-oh. I just want to know, is such a thing (glitch) possible? Also has something like this ever happened to you?

Re: A Ho-oh in Viridian Forest?

It wouldn't be possible under normal circumstances. He's either lying, or he has a hacked/fake game, although the latter is extremely unlikely.

I would merge this with the Simple Questions thread, but I'll move it to the Dubious Disc and leave it open, where other users may share stories of their friends experiencing glitches, real or not.

Re: A Ho-oh in Viridian Forest?

Sounds like someone was sharking. Either that or he saw something wrong.

Probably not a fake game though, unless it was one of those hacked "See LV 1 Legends In Route One" hacks.

I've heard of people sharking and seeing ??? in gen III, however, so he might have been doing that.

Japanese and Japanese = 1 in 8192.
German and Japanese = 1 in 2048.

Masuda Method applies to all languages, not just English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom