• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dubious Database (Simple Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dubious Database (Simple Questions/Answers)

Japanese and Japanese = 1 in 8192.
German and Japanese = 1 in 2048.

Masuda Method applies to all languages, not just English.

i missed the most important part of my question (doh!) this would all be on an english game - reason i ask is because i tried RNGing with a german oddish & a japanese ditto on an english game (with the "International" parents option) twice but both times it didn't work

(i have fluffed the taps before but twice with the same combo i just writ it off as something that couldn't be done)

Hmm, I'm quite certain that the game just checks if both parents are of a different language from each other, that's it. The game's own language doesn't matter.

Is it possible to RNG the wifi Crown Beasts to get the desired IV's and if so, how?

Yes, they can be RNG'd for IVs. For more information on that or to ask for assistance, there's the RNG Help thread.

The Crown Beast aren't wifi, they are distributed in Gamestops.

They were, but they're also being given out over Wi-Fi right now. Raikou was last week, Entei is running currently, and Suicune will be next week.

What is flagged when someone hacks? My mate has said he can copy his save with legit Event Mons so I can get them in BW without needing to take them out of my Gen4 games, I know they are legit because he got them off my Nintendo USB, but I am worried that getting them, even if they themselves are untouched, may be flagged, flagging BW when I send them over.

Thanks.

Games can't be flagged (unless it's something obvious like 999 of everything). Only the Pokemon data can.

I wouldn't suggest using the converter though, since it's apparently not perfect yet, having minor trash/ball data problems. I may be wrong though, so yeah.

Ok so i was just wondering, for those people who use the "steal other people's pokemon" code, if they steal some of the Elite 4's pokemon, what happens when they go back to fight the E4? do they magially have new pokemon, or was it like it never happened? or worse, does the game go glitchy? D:>

can anyone get me a wondermail for explorers of darkness?
client:donphan
mission:help me
place:floor one, beach cave
reward:recruit client

thanks
i think this belongs in here --> Simple Q's Spin Off Version but hey, here ya go anyway.
i hope this works (note these are wondermail S codes). Idk what version you're playing so i'll post both.

US VERSION:
#MSP7 FW499-M 9MR1W
N46KK RK07M#N 91+2&

EUROPEAN VERSION:
44-3Y +J+98JY +6S=Y
NRT8& FR64+47 =4%SJ

Last edited:

Is there anyway to tell if the shiny you caught was chained or random?

Ok so i was just wondering, for those people who use the "steal other people's pokemon" code, if they steal some of the Elite 4's pokemon, what happens when they go back to fight the E4? do they magially have new pokemon, or was it like it never happened? or worse, does the game go glitchy? D:>

i think this belongs in here --> Simple Q's Spin Off Version but hey, here ya go anyway.
i hope this works (note these are wondermail S codes). Idk what version you're playing so i'll post both.

US VERSION:
#MSP7 FW499-M 9MR1W
N46KK RK07M#N 91+2&

EUROPEAN VERSION:
44-3Y +J+98JY +6S=Y
NRT8& FR64+47 =4%SJ

from what i know, it can eff your game pretty badly, its personaly, i wouldn't take the chance to permanently ruin my game.

Re: A Ho-oh in Viridian Forest?

Random, spontanious glitches CAN and DO happen, like that guy who met a wild Chikorita in Platinum. I'm actually not that suprised.

You should be able to use the IVs to tell... I think. Random and RNG'd ones appear because of your Secret ID, while Chained ones use a different formula.

HOWEVER, you'd need the original SID from the game it was caught on, so if you got it over the GTS, then I don't think you can.

There have been several posts already about this, and I had been following a forum on it for a while at:
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sh...ersion-(JPN)-Incompatability-Discussion/page4
However, that thread seems to have just dragged itself to death or something...

So, does ANYONE know how to update a basic ARDS to firware 1.71 and FINISH the process? I've done the whole process many times, and every single time I come to a "Protocol Error" message once I tell the system to finish and write the firmware to the AR.
Does the upgrade only work for ARDSi despite saying ARDS? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!? I've been wanting to be able to clone in my Black version so I can share out the Events I've gotten on there since the games came out, once the games hit everywhere else (in just 5 days now)...

edit: UGH. Just tried again, using Manager 1.25 (newest version) on a Windows 7. And, once again: "Protocol Error". I even fully reset the ARDS again! T_T

Last edited:
Is this code dangerous ?

I found a cool code on YouTube wich I would like to use on my game. It switches the camera angle to that of the roof of Celadon Condomoniums.
Celadon_Mansion_Top_Floor_HGSS.png

I have never hacked my game (if you don't count the time my "friend" hacked the Azure Flute into my game) and would like to know if there are any risks. Here's a link to the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqwujugPYDU&feature=related

Re: Is this code dangerous ?

1. I've used that code, and no, I've had no damage.
2. Only risks are save file damage, really. I don't have any proof of kids getting their games killed or their DSes exploding.
3. Don't use too many codes at once. to be safe.

4. Please post in the simple questions thread next time.

Re: Is this code dangerous ?

1. I've used that code, and no, I've had no damage.
2. Only risks are save file damage, really. I don't have any proof of kids getting their games killed or their DSes exploding.
3. Don't use too many codes at once. to be safe.

4. Please post in the simple questions thread next time.

'kay, thx :D
But isn't the simple questions thread for normal gameplay ?

Edit: Oops, sorry, just realised this is a special dubious disc version.

Not-So-Simple-Question?

Anyway, I started a new Heartgold game, and I was wondering if it was possible in someway to re-download any of the wondercard events I missed due to restart (i.e. Pokewalker courses, and the other Lati@s event)

Action Replay Error! Please Help

Basically after I take out the Action Replay cartridge (Action Replay EZ for DS/DS Lite) and insert the Pokemon Black UK version it starts but nothing happens both screen just go completely white and stay white, why is this happening and how do i fix this? Please answer

You mean like if you're chaining and you get a shiny not in a shiny patch? What I did with my graveler is I checked its ivs to see what it gave me as an SID and then used that SID (I had not previously known my SID in Platinum) to rng breed a shiny. It worked which means it had to be random.

I did the same check for a pachirisu I got the same way in Diamond and got the SID I already knew I had.

So if the patch of grass wasn't shiny, I am pretty sure that means the shiny was a random encounter. If you don't remember where you got it at all for some reason, see if the ivs give you the sid you know you have or that you can produce an rng'd bred shiny with to test it.

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this already, but its there something like sendpkm for BW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom