• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dubious Database (Simple Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Importing B/W saves to PC?

How do I import a B/W savegame to my PC? I need this for using Pokesav.

At least some (perhaps all) models of Action Replay can backup saves, I think; though I'm not sure if those actually support B&W or not, since the architecture of the IR-port cartridges is a bit different. Alternatively, you can use another 3rd party device called the NDS Adapter Plus (The "Plus" model is the one that supports B&W), a USB device that will copy your cartridge's save data to the computer as a *.sav file.

Last edited:
Re: The Dubious Database (Simple Questions/Answers)

Alright, big thanks!

Can cloning damage your save file?

I think it's really cool that you can clone without AR and stuff (I don't like hacks) but I really want to know if it can damage my game in any way because I'm extreamly paranoid about that.

I have Soul Silver and decided to try cloning with the pokewalker and transferred a Sunkern over. It safely landed in the pokewalker and as the game was about to save I turned it off so now I'd have a Sunkern in my game and another one on my pokewalker.

Then I turned my game back on and it said "the save file is corrupted" and I almost got a heart attack, but then it said "the previous save file will be loaded" and everything was okay with my game (and I had two Sunkern), but now I'm extreamly paranoid about this.

So I'm not going to attempt cloning again until I'm 100% sure that it won't harm my save file.

EDIT: I tried to send the cloned Sunern back to my game but the game said "all pokemon will be release back in the wild" or something and I only had my origial Sunkern left and the cloned one was gone :/

(sorry if I should've posted this somewhere else)

Last edited:
I'm putting an Action Replay device on my Amazon wishlist just in case I actually get Black/White and a 3DS. Would the current DSI version be compatible with the 3DS?

I know the hardware will take DSI games, but I'm not sure about the device.

How do I get my AR DSi to recognize my White version?

I've an AR, one of the older ones, I just got recently, it was sealed. I've already beat Pokemon White main story, but would like to use it with Pokemon Black...
Specifically it's Datel Action Replay DS EZ, it's the only one I have currently.

now, I know by looking around AR requires some Firmware update to work with Black & White. only problem I've been having while following instructions is my computer will say "Updating" but my DS Lite's top screen keeps repeating "Error!" ... nothing else on either screens (DS, Computer), no numbers or anything... so not sure what's wrong?

I'll try something in a little bit and update with AR's version then...

Was going through codejunkies.com to see what codes they had for the DSi AR, and I noticed this BIG warning label saying not to breed any of the Pokemon obtained by the Wild Pokemon Modifier code. Why is that?

This question is actually about a game guide, for HGSS. Ive tried googling it but had no luck. Anyways, it is the Volume 2: official kanto and national dex guide, by Pokemon Company International.

My question, which may have an obvious answer, but not to me, why are some of the moves listed for each pokemon in red text in the dex that has all level, egg, tm/hm, bp, and tutor moves ? There are red text moves in each of those 5 categories and i don't see any explanation.

Any help-Thanks its been bothering me...

Was going through codejunkies.com to see what codes they had for the DSi AR, and I noticed this BIG warning label saying not to breed any of the Pokemon obtained by the Wild Pokemon Modifier code. Why is that?

Probably something with the hack filter, or there were some glitches on their end. Do it at your own risk, there's a reason why they stopped giving wallhack codes with ARDSi's.

Probably something with the hack filter, or there were some glitches on their end. Do it at your own risk, there's a reason why they stopped giving wallhack codes with ARDSi's.
Well, yeah, I know doing those kind of hacks is a "Do at your own risk" scenario. I was just browsing to see if they had the codes for event items for the game yet. Not sure if they do or not given what I saw.

Oh well, just curious. I still don't have a DS or an ARDSi, so no worries from me here.

Can the game detect hacking across generations? I've used my old gameshark to trigger the Latias event in Emerald and transfered it to platinum I plan on pokeshifting it to my white.

Also if is a pokemon hatched from an egg generated by hacked parents is the child considered hacked? And minor hacks like changing a pokemon's nature.

Finally will hacking affect going into the dream world in any way?

i have a Q about breeding. DW Ability breeding to be precise.

I have a hacked Vaporeon on a gen 4 game that was hacked to have its gen 5 DW ability (since the ability existed back in gen 4), if that vaporeon were to be transferred to gen 5 and bred (assuming its female) would the game recognize the pokemon's ability as a DW ability and do the 40% chance of passing it down to the offspring, or do REAL DW pokemon have some sort of flag that tells the games it's a DW poke?

i COULD just try it out for myself, but i'm keeping my only gen 5 cart clean, so i thought i'd ask :)

i have a Q about breeding. DW Ability breeding to be precise.

I have a hacked Vaporeon on a gen 4 game that was hacked to have its gen 5 DW ability (since the ability existed back in gen 4), if that vaporeon were to be transferred to gen 5 and bred (assuming its female) would the game recognize the pokemon's ability as a DW ability and do the 40% chance of passing it down to the offspring, or do REAL DW pokemon have some sort of flag that tells the games it's a DW poke?

i COULD just try it out for myself, but i'm keeping my only gen 5 cart clean, so i thought i'd ask :)
I've read on Smogon that there is a Dream World flag placed on a Pokemon received from the Dream World and when it passes down the ability, the flag is passed down too. So your Vaporeon shouldn't be able to breed its ability because it won't have the DW flag.

I've read on Smogon that there is a Dream World flag placed on a Pokemon received from the Dream World and when it passes down the ability, the flag is passed down too. So your Vaporeon shouldn't be able to breed its ability because it won't have the DW flag.

ah good to know :) my curiosity is now quenched ^_^ :mallet:

Is there any way to get rid of a cheated DP box? My friend has one on Platinum and he HATES it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom