• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dubious Database (Simple Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
now, I know by looking around AR requires some Firmware update to work with Black & White. only problem I've been having while following instructions is my computer will say "Updating" but my DS Lite's top screen keeps repeating "Error!" ... nothing else on either screens (DS, Computer), no numbers or anything... so not sure what's wrong?

I'm recieving constant "Error Error..." on my top screen too. The bottom screen says "Updating" with a loading bar that isn't filling. My code manager says "uploading firmware" as seen on step 9 of this: http://uk.codejunkies.com/support/article.aspx?article_id=434.

Does the "error error error" mean that it isn't working properly? My PC is not saying there is an error, though.

Long story short, I've been experiencing some kind of glitch in my Pokemon games, in which the time is not correct, and I think this might have had to do with me using an Action Replay DS-i last fall. However, I was told that unlicenced products like that can affect my entire system beyond fixing, which in turn can affect games that are just used with the same unit even without the device. Even starting a new game doesn't change things; I just started a new game in Pokemon White, and it's Summer at 1 PM even though it should be Winter at 5 AM.

I've read online that there is no other way to correct the time in Pokemon games, so if that doesn't work, that will leave me with the options of either selling my games with a glitch warning or just discarding them. (Or, if there in fact is a way to correct it, would anyone please tell me?)

Furthermore, if infected games like these are used with a different Nintendo DS or other system, will that system also glitch up other Pokemon games played on it? Will infected games infect non-glitched games or consoles that they interact with wirelessly?

Long story short, I've been experiencing some kind of glitch in my Pokemon games, in which the time is not correct, and I think this might have had to do with me using an Action Replay DS-i last fall. However, I was told that unlicenced products like that can affect my entire system beyond fixing, which in turn can affect games that are just used with the same unit even without the device. Even starting a new game doesn't change things; I just started a new game in Pokemon White, and it's Summer at 1 PM even though it should be Winter at 5 AM.

I've read online that there is no other way to correct the time in Pokemon games, so if that doesn't work, that will leave me with the options of either selling my games with a glitch warning or just discarding them. (Or, if there in fact is a way to correct it, would anyone please tell me?)

Furthermore, if infected games like these are used with a different Nintendo DS or other system, will that system also glitch up other Pokemon games played on it? Will infected games infect non-glitched games or consoles that they interact with wirelessly?

i'm assuming that you've already tried to just change the time on the console unit itself and the time won't stay correct?

i'm assuming that you've already tried to just change the time on the console unit itself and the time won't stay correct?

Actually, the time on *both* my consoles are correct. I used a second DS I recently bought to start over with White, and the time is still so many hours ahead, even though it is correct on the console itself.

Actually, the time on *both* my consoles are correct. I used a second DS I recently bought to start over with White, and the time is still so many hours ahead, even though it is correct on the console itself.

It seems the game itself is broken, but I don't think this 'disease' can spread. If it poses that much of a problem, work out the time difference, then set your DS time back that amount of time, and the game date should be correct.

It seems the game itself is broken, but I don't think this 'disease' can spread. If it poses that much of a problem, work out the time difference, then set your DS time back that amount of time, and the game date should be correct.

Okay, it turns out that the times on both my DS's really were wrong. I set them right, and everything's okay now. Thanks.

I have a question. My friend told me that if you transfer a hacked pokemon from diamond/pearl/platinum to black/white it will corrupt your game. Is this true? and if so what happens?
Btw the hack was a wild pokemon modifier on pearl

I have a question. My friend told me that if you transfer a hacked pokemon from diamond/pearl/platinum to black/white it will corrupt your game. Is this true? and if so what happens?
Btw the hack was a wild pokemon modifier

No, it worked fine when I used my friends AR to use that code and a shiny code to transfer a Shiny Leafeon in a Master Ball.

I'm about to buy a Gameshark for my Crystal game, but the only ones I can find for cheap are used.

Does anyone have any advise as to what to look for in the device as far as quality goes? "Used" is kind of a vauge term, especially when the cheapest one is labeled as "Used - Acceptible."

Okay, got said Gameshark, but I'll be damned that it didn't include a manual.

N00bish question: How the hell do I enter codes in this sucker? There's no "Add code" option on the menus!

I want to ask about the Tweaking glitch in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. If I catch a Shaymin because of the glitch (since you can go there using the glitch), is it referred as hacked? I have a Darkrai. It's said to be "Apparently caught at Level 40". I'm sure it's from the Tweaking glitch. And I'm asking because I hate hacks.

So while trying to update my ARDSi by dragging the V1.25 firmware to the "Commit Changes" area of the Code Manager, this is what I always get:

2v2tqiq.png

I have my ARDSi plugged into the computer, but it still doesn't work.
Also the first time I plugged it in, my comp said new hardware was found but it doesn't say anything since then.

Any help?

Black/White GTS evo-glitch?

I don't understand why it doesn't work for this generation of games. Can someone please direct me to what I should do? (That is if there's anything I can do.)

Re: Black/White GTS evo-glitch?

I don't understand why it doesn't work for this generation of games. Can someone please direct me to what I should do? (That is if there's anything I can do.)
Could be that they fixed the glitch.

I'm recieving constant "Error Error..." on my top screen too. The bottom screen says "Updating" with a loading bar that isn't filling. My code manager says "uploading firmware" as seen on step 9 of this: http://uk.codejunkies.com/support/article.aspx?article_id=434.

Does the "error error error" mean that it isn't working properly? My PC is not saying there is an error, though.

good to know I'm not the only one getting this. I've tried searching but can only find stuff about "not firmware file" errors, which is not the error I'm getting.

Add: which exact Action Replay and Firmware are you using?
Also what version is the AR itself?
-
me I'm using old Action Replay DS (discontinued), firmware 1.55.
Lets see if I get another response to ticket I put up back then...

Update: well tried it again and suddenly my PC gives me the "Not a Firmware File" error... maybe it was just slow?
(What I did was check DS Lite's Battery first (which is good), then inserted the AR (if have pass through port check for games, remove any) with USB cable attached but NOT yet connected to the PC, on the PC I opened the Code Manager, turned on the DS and went into update mode (mouse icon), top screen should mention to now plug it in. Then I waited for the little loading gears in NDS Codelist spot to finish then followed step 8-9 and got that "not Firmware File error")

Update #2: well after that error for 1.55, I tried the other 1.71 which seems to have worked. weird. well its all good now.
-

I'm using Vista, it appears it needs some vista-compatible drivers? Well I dunno if my comp ever found them or not (what with it being Vista to start with), so went to option on codejunkies with the supposed update patch. well said patch don't want to work anyways.
Hmm, I'll go try some things... will report back if I get anywhere...

yep worked all good now...
----------------------

and secondly, for HeartGold, is there some way I could perhaps say specifically encounter Eevee with some other Pokemon's palette? for example, such as Shiny Charizard?
Don't know if it's possible in HG.

Last edited:
Ok, MAJOR CODE REQUEST (Japanese version [I have White/Black in Japanese] and English version needed): UNCOMPLETE Pokedex. Yep, I want to EMPTY my Pokedex. Or, at least completely undo the entries for Keldeo/Meloetta/Genosect, and for the following reason.

Now that the Pokemon Global Link is FINALLY back up, it has been found that either having any of those three in your dex at all (as they are currently unavailable) or simply having cheated for the Dex to be Complete (in which case the only "fix" would be a total reset, which would also change your Game Synch ID blocking it's use with your current Profile).
So, as a warning: DO NOT COMPLETE YOUR DEX unless you have NO intention of going on the PGL with that save.

Wait, so you're saying that they are blocking games that have a completed Pokedex because the final three Pokemon haven't been released?

That's what it looks like. That or just using the Complete Dex Code sets a marker that blocks you. Either way, it DOES block. I'm looking into ways to fix this without having to make a new Profile (I guess that would mainly apply to people like me that have been on the PGL for months), whether by a deletion code, or otherwise.
I've just heard that there might be a way to reset what Synch ID you have set to your Profile... but I don't have the details yet.

I have to admit, this block IS a rather fair one. It's not like they've killed everyone's accounts for every little thing they could cause via cheating. It just means that you need to stay away from those three Pokemon until they are legally available. Which isn't so bad, really, since you can't even USE them in competitive play (yet) anyway! ^_^;

I was wondering if there was a way to update a AR with new games without connecting it to the computer. My AR is from before platinum, so all I have is DP. I want to be able to duplicate the version exclusives in black and white in mine and my brother's games. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom