• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dubious Database (Simple Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you add new games and codes to the AR manually? Yes. But it's gonna take you a LONG time. Have you even looked at the menus on your AR? It's right on there.

However, if you are wanting to use an older ARDS, which it sounds like you do, you are gonna have to update the firmware, which of course is flat out impossible without connecting to a computer. And, not all ARDS's can be updated to work with B/W, so you're better off just getting a new ARDSi or just giving up on any cheats.

This is stuff that has been talked about and answered WAY too many times, even on this thread. You're supposed to actually CHECK for threads before reposting the same kind of question that's been asked so much. That would really help save space and time. ProjectPokemon.org has a thread dedicated to helping with updating an older ARDS, if you have trouble understanding how to do so. (It sure helped me, though I found mine couldn't update, so I bought an ARDSi.)

-----

Ok, sorry, I KNOW this is a double-posting, but this clears up the Dream World's 13204 Error code issue:

Ok, so, if you use the Complete Pokedex Code, you become unable to connect your game to the Dream World, getting a 13204 Error Code. As to exactly why, it's still not clear, but it involves a check of the Pokedex, in a similar way to how Random Match checks for the legality of your team for battles. (Most likely the presence of certain Dex Entries, such as Keldeo/Meloetta/Genosect, and possibly Zekrom/Reshiram/Victini's Shiny forms, though the latter three is doubtful to be part of it.)

Anyway, here are the codes for B/W that reverse the Complete Dex Codes: Empty Pokedex Codes, for Black and White. (Technically, they're just the Complete Dex Codes, with the row of "FFFFFFFF" replaced with "00000000"

NOTE: After using the code, DO NOT look at your Pokedex until AFTER you have caught a Bulbasaur and an Isshu Pokemon, or something like that. It will give you an 'Error, shut down the system' screen if you do. After you've caught and registered those two Pokemon, you're good to go and send a Pokemon to the Dream World! ^_^

Empty Pokedex Code, Pokemon White (USA):
94000130 fffb0000
0223d1d0 00001803
d5000000 ffffffff
c0000000 00000131
d6000000 0223d1d4
d2000000 00000000

Empty Pokedex Code, Pokemon Black (USA):
94000130 FFFB0000
0223D1B0 00001803
D5000000 00000000
C0000000 00000131
D6000000 0223D1B4
D2000000 00000000

Empty Pokedex Code, Pokemon White (Japanese):
94000130 fffb0000
0223d030 00001803
d5000000 00000000
c0000000 00000131
d6000000 0223d034
d2000000 00000000

Empty Pokedex Code, Pokemon Black (Japanese):
94000130 fffb0000
0223d010 00001803
d5000000 00000000
c0000000 00000131
d6000000 0223d014
d2000000 00000000

Edit: And below, we have Mat924, the guy with no clue. Do you want a mocking, or just plain sarcasm?
Come on, use your head man. The reason it has an error is because the PGL CHECKS your Dex for the non-legal entries.
If you were referring to the Dex getting an error, wrong again: you'd get an error after wiping you Dex BECAUSE IT'S EMPTY, and the game doesn't have any info for how to render that.

Last edited:
you get an error because the code is really bad and writes incorrect data for the entire pokedex. you see the dex as it should be, but you're not seeing the terrible mess it makes of the memory that it affects.

Just a quick question. I know I've asked this before, but I've been hearing a lot about it for a while...

Is there any program like sendpkm, but for Generation V? If so, what is it called.

(I know I should Google this, but I'm lazy. xD)

Just a quick question. I know I've asked this before, but I've been hearing a lot about it for a while...

Is there any program like sendpkm, but for Generation V? If so, what is it called.

(I know I should Google this, but I'm lazy. xD)

ShinyGTS, ShinyDTS, or IR-GTS-BW.

i need to find out how to put a .pkm file on your game?
also, i need a short shiny code for platinum and hg usa

What am I doing wrong?

I just got done with a nightmarish four-hour trade that came about due to a Murphy's Law-style clusterfuck of unfortunate coincidences that I'd like to pretend never happened, but I digress. This all happened because I hacked a Pokémon for someone. They wanted a Ferrothorn with 0 Speed IVs and 31 IVs in Attack, Defense, and Special Defense. As I am not confident with my own hacking skills, I offered a compromise: I hacked two flawless parents and bred them to get a Ferroseed with flawless HP, Attack, and Defense, but only 19 Defense. This person wanted the 31 in Defense though, so I hacked it. I figured I'd go the extra mile and also hack it to be evolved, at level 100, EV trained, with max PP, and teach it a move. As all of these things can legally be done in-game, there shouldn't have been a problem, right?

Now, normally I would generate a new PID to match the specified IVs, nature, and gender, right? But I read somewhere else (and this was confirmed by several people) that PIDs in Gen V were NO LONGER TIED TO IVs. So, in theory, I could save the Ferrothorn as is, and it should pass any legality check, correct?

Well, due to Wi-Fi problems on my end (which unfortunately I had to resort to formatting my DSi to fix), we attempted to do the trade over the GTS. I had had prior experience with the GTS legality checker whilst attempting to offer my Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect, but those were obvious hacks; I had (as far as I could tell) done everything in my power to make this Ferrothorn appear legit, yet I still couldn't trade it over the GTS.

Here are the specs on the original Ferroseed I hatched:

Ferroseed ♀ Lv.1
Sassy nature.
Moves: Harden / Spikes / Stealth Rock / Gyro Ball
IVs: HP 31, Atk 31, Def 19, SpA 17, SpD 31, Spe 0
EVs: HP 0, Atk 0, Def 0, SpA 0, SpD 0, Spe 0

And here is what I hacked it to be:

Ferrothorn ♀ Lv.100
Sassy nature.
Moves: Power Whip / Spikes / Stealth Rock / Gyro Ball
IVs: HP 31, Atk 31, Def 31, SpA 17, SpD 31, Spe 0
EVs: HP 252, Atk 252, Def 0, SpA 0, SpD 6, Spe 0

I started with a 100% legit Pokémon and edited it with 100% legit values. There are only three possibilities:

1. The PID is still linked to IVs
  2. The GTS will reject ANY Pokémon that was artifically modified, even if it appears completely legal
  3. There's something about the Ferrothorn that isn't legal.
I am almost positive that neither 1 nor 2 is the case, as I have heard well-informed people reporting both that PID no longer dictates IVs and that well-made hacks can pass the in-game legality check. So obviously, I screwed something up when hacking the Ferrothorn. Thing is, I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. I'm filling a large order of hacks soon and I want them to be usable on random Wi-Fi, but if I can't even edit one legit Pokémon correctly, how the hell am I going to generate passable hacks from scratch?

I heard from instructions, if you don't set a PID, the pokemon will almost never be legit.

I heard from instructions, if you don't set a PID, the pokemon will almost never be legit.

The Pokémon wasn't made from scratch, it started off as a legit Pokémon I hatched on my game. Since I didn't edit anything that affected the PID, I left the PID as is.

PokeSav BW U.S.?

I know there's a PokeSav for BW already out there, but I think it's for JP BW only. Does the codes it generates work on US Black/White? D8; I do have a Japanese White, but I'd rather not hack that one up like I did my US White.

The PokeSav for BW JP is translated, sure, but it uses the Japanese names, and I already forgot most of them. OTL Is there one out there that has the English names, and/or gives US BW AR codes?

Re: PokeSav BW U.S.?

A friend of mine who has used the BW Poke Sav told me that she's only been able to get it to work in English and not in Japanese. I believe she's had it since before the games came out outside of Japan so I would think it's the same one.

Just How Hacked Is This Used Game?

So, I'm currently playing Soul Silver and a friend of mine bought a used copy of Heart Gold just today.

Looking at it, there is a very obviously hacked Shaymin (lv 100, says it was aquired in 2007, so on), and when I look at the items in the bag, all of them are x900 - this goes with masterballs, even safari balls...

From what I can tell, there are a couple legit pokemon on there (a level 42 Ho-oh which probably came from in game, a lv 50 Kyogre, so on..)

So, here's my question. My friend wants to restart the game so he can play fresh, BUT, would it be playing with fire to trade over some of the masterballs with the legit pokemon? I reckon we should leave the Shaymin well enough alone, but ultimately, I don't want my Soul Silver game corrupted.

What say you all?

PS: Very much meant to post this under Simple Questions. If this can be moved, please do so. I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Re: Just How Hacked Is This Used Game?

I know it's a different generation entirely, but I sent hacked Master Balls from my Sapphire to my XD (and Colloseum), and it didn't do any harm. Gen IV? Not so sure. Take from this what you will.

i'd say leave the pokemon on there & breed a load of magikarp to transfer the items you want - restart the game once that's done to destroy all the hacks

Item hacks are appearently safe enough, but badly hacked Pokemon will mess up your game.

I think it's hysterical when people have obviously hacked Pokemon. XD

I can say with absolute certainty that hacked Master Balls will not ruin anyone's game, even if they're traded to other games. I've traded hacked Master Balls from my Platinum to HeartGold with no issues whatsoever. D: You'll be fine, don't worry.

So the codes will work for US BW then? D: Bah, time to go check Bulbapedia for a list of Japanese names then...

If I shark a Wobbuffet that knows Encore in Crystal (which was impossible fore Wynaut's introdcution), how would that cause unbalance in the Gen. 2 rule set? I honestly don't see why that's a game-breaker moveset since this is before Abilities, and you could switch a Pokemon out if it got an Encore.

I use the water on Route 1. All low level Basculin, all the time. Just watch out for the occasional Aqua Jet.

With a mustache.

He said in Platinum >_>

Considering Magikarp gives out 1 EV in speed, it's more or less plonking your Old Rod in the water anywhere. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom