• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dubious Database (Simple Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Hacker's Simple Question Thread

The fifth generation Pokemon don't have foreign Dex entries.

Also, it's entirely possible to get foreign Pokemon into BW without hacking or anything like that. Just trade, for example, an American Pokemon from an American DP to a Japanese DP, then PokeShift it from the Japanese DP to a Japanese BW.

Or you could just use the GTS in Black and White, ask for a foreign Pokemon, and trade for it. I got me a French Solosis this way!

Re: The Hacker's Simple Question Thread

Or you could just use the GTS in Black and White, ask for a foreign Pokemon, and trade for it. I got me a French Solosis this way!

That was posted back when only the version of BW available was the JP version. Check the post date. :p

Okay i'm using a code to check IV's on my pearl version. To check the IV's, I have to look in my TM case and look at the first 6 TMs and the IV's will show. But if I save after using the IV code checker, what will happen? Will the TM's be back to normal?

Okay i'm using a code to check IV's on my pearl version. To check the IV's, I have to look in my TM case and look at the first 6 TMs and the IV's will show. But if I save after using the IV code checker, what will happen? Will the TM's be back to normal?

I don't know, but if you just LOOK at them, what have changed?

In Pokegen, how do I stop "Invalid terminator sequence in trash bytes" from happening, and how do I make it so the encounter type isn't set for Gen 5 pokemon?

@Shuckle: If you're using a code that shows your IV's anywhere but your Pokemon's Stats... you really need a better code.
Your items won't be changed, especially if you simply don't save and just turn it off after checking the IV's.

@Scrafty: I've never even SEEN that statement when using Pokegen. Can't help you there. As for having NO encounter type: No can do. WHY would you want to anyway? It's not like you get anything special by it being blank, and it couldn't be set by anything in-game once it's generated. You might crash your game though, since it'd be missing some data (NOT likely, really. I'm sure it'd just show a blank.).

To any related:

IV's have NO relation to the PID in ANY Gen V-made Pokemon. ONLY if they are brought up from Gen IV/III games do they matter that way. In other words: ALL Pokemon can have ANY Nature/Ability/IV combination under the sun, so long as they are bred/caught in Gen V!

If you used codes to alter your Pokemon, will you get caught for cheating? Yep.

If you used codes to get more berries that you can normally get will you get caught for cheating? NO.

Seriously. I can't believe so many people don't understand that these games are MERELY DATA and that simple cheats simply change the numbers for certain parts in the saved data. That means this: If you change the amount of something to something that is still attainable, then NOTHING is detectable.
This includes things like: Fast/instant-hatch, walk-through-walls (with the exception of having access to an area you shouldn't be able to be in at that point in the story-line), non-key-items (barring a very few, such as the Soul Dew, which is currently unavailable legally), etc.

If you make actual changes to core data, have unobtainable Pokemon/items, last three Dex entries (and very specific Shinies), or Pokemon with illegal designs THOSE are detectable. Anything else: STOP ASKING! Cripes.

If you PokeGen for a Pokemon that has EVERYTHING the same as is legal for it to be (assuming the program accounts for EVERY single bit that is associated with that Pokemon) then there is absolutely no difference whatsoever.
The people that really care about Legal/Illegal obtaining of a Pokemon that is no different... are just weird. Sure, even I prefer a Pokemon to be caught/bred and raised properly, but for a battle team at it's best potential? Sorry, I just don't have the hours/days/weeks/months to spend just for that. Not that I'd trade THEM anyway. >_<

Also: The existence of codes ARE NOT "stored" in items or Pokemon, so NO it does not matter whatsoever the origin of how it came to be, it can NOT (itself) be "detected" as cheated, since it IS legal as far as any data is concerned. Only the players could notice/care. Getting a cheated-for item in a trade has NO "cheat flag" nor can there be.

Really. If you're gonna use codes, learn how they actually work as well, and don't rely on the "knowledge" of those who don't know it themselves.

Sorry, I don't mean to complain so much... just SO MANY posts that are the same essential question! GAH!

Last edited:
^ Okay, I need to get a better IV checking code. Thanks for helping.

Well, cheating won't be picked up if they're traded, but if you take a game which you have hacked on to an official event, you will be found out if you get into the Top 16 (although saying that, the winner of the UK event had Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect in his game) - it's just obvious stuff as JarieSuicine said, or if the game you are using did the hacking itself (So if you hack a game and take that to an event, you will be found out. However, if you hack something and trade it to another game and use the latter game, as long as it's a good hack, you're fine).

I've seen many people disqualified from VGC events just for hacking minor things like TMs and a Landorus. As long as the cartridge your using is clean (as in, no codes have been used on that particular copy), then you're fine.

Need help with RNG in Gen 5

I'm using smogon's guide on Gen 5 Standard Seeds. I have been attempting this all day long. I have followed the steps to the letter and cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. If anybody has experience with this I would appreciate a PM. Thanks!

Last edited:
Stealing Battle Factory Pokemon

I remember seeing on YouTube one time there was a way to steal Battle Factory pokemon, but I can't remember how it's done now, and I can't find the video. Can someone help?

Re: Stealing Battle Factory Pokemon

I've done it before. Rent a Pokemon, and you use a warping code to warp somewhere else. The rental pokemon will be in your party, but the Pokemon you had when you started the battle factory challenge will be lost forever.

A warping code? Is that a game shark thing? I'm still new to cheats and glitches and all of that, so bear with me if I sound noobish.

Yes. And as far as I know, it's only possible on Emerald.

I don't have a gameshark... So that's the only way?

modding pokeball bannable?

so i do a lot of breeding and I like the aestetics of the darkball, so i used an AR to modify the ball type of pokemon I bred.
If I use them online will I get banned? I mean i didn't change anything but the ball type but since all bred pokemon hatch into regular pokeballs (which really makes no sense) its kind of obvious they've been modified... but stat-wise they are all normal, and have normal legal moves etc...

Re: modding pokeball bannable?

Nintendo doesn't ban from WiFi like Sony or MS.

Worst that will happen is you will be banned from offical tournies or Random Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom