• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Duck Pond

So seeing as how I've been in a bigger mood for The Simpsons more than usual, and so I've been rewatching it a lot and watching many videos related to the show on Youtube, and I must say that Bart Gets an "F" is a super relatable episode for me as as much as Moaning Lisa is. Growing up with Autism was difficult and school for me simply sucked, assignments were hard, and I felt like giving up much of the time, I daydreamed, zoned out, got bored very easily, I pretty much was Bart in this episode. I graduated in 2012, but I often feel like I got lucky and that's partly due to the School System just sucking and certain (not all) but certain teachers not giving a damn, I really did try my best. Cartoons were my comfort from the stress of school and the dumb grades I'd get on assignments. I guess it's weird to still be thinking about this after all these years, but it's not that easy to get over...less than pleasant experiences you've had in the past and and had many in school that still bring up bad memories to this day.

I found a video on Youtube I'd highly recommend that goes into how The Simpsons exposes the flaws in the School System.

Okay, super random blog post for today. The Topic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because :wynaut:. Don't know how many people here are fans of them too, but like Pokemon I liked the turtles since about as far back as I remember. One of my first experiences with TMNT was with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 video game on the NES, mind you since I'm a 90s kid so I played it later than most people but whatever. It was hard, frustrating and I freaking loved it! I think I managed to beat it all of 1 time, and I don't know if it was dumb luck because I remember the underwater levels scaring me half to death but somehow I did it. Also the game's track was pretty good imo.

Surprisingly I never got to see much of the 80s cartoon series aside from one episode I got at a yard sale on VHS <insert mandatory I feel old joke here>. Yeah I know, it would probably be seen as blasphemous or whatever that I never watched it that much of it, but it didn't air on the few channels we had back in the day.

I do remember a small bit of the short lived Saban Entertainment live action series known as Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation that had the polarizing female turtle Venus and I'm pretty sure the series was already pretty polarizing in of its self. Can't really say I have an opinion of this series like at all. Also there was a crossover with them and the Space Power Rangers (I remember me and @EternalPokéFanGirl talking about it before) and yeah that really happened so that was crazy.
Ninjaturtles_Powerrangers.png

I first watch the earlier live action movies at a friends house when I was staying over on VHS and the first 1990s movie, and then later the sequel Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, and yeah I loved them both, I never seen too much of the third movie where they travel back in time, may need to finish that one of these days, I know it's the least liked out of the trilogy, but hey I think I could still have a good laugh.

The Turtles show I watched the most back then was the 2003 which was considerably darker than it 80s counterpart, It was co-produced by 4Kids Entertainment (I think we know them all to well by now) and none other than the TMNT creators Mirage Studios who started the franchise with the dark and gritty black and white comics. I had a good time watching it though never finished watching it (seem to be a reoccurring theme for me and this franchise), I think I made up to Season 5 and the first few episodes of Season 6: Fast Forward. Also here's some trivia for you, April O'Neil in this series was voiced by Veronica Taylor, Ash's original dub voice.

At one point I saw the 2007 CGI animated film, not much to say on it, I liked it, but it didn't have the say impact as the live action films did.

The 2012 series that aired on Nickelodeon is what really got me back into the turtles again. It was CGI and had I nice balance of action and comedy with some surprisingly dark moments and imagery especially Seasons 4 and 5. Seriously in one episode a characters arm is cut off, there's no blood but you can see the severed limb on the ground with the bone visible, like wow Nickelodeon allowed this!? I mean I'm not complaining I'm just surprised. Also the Season 5 episode "Requiem" tore my heart out, that's all I need to say about that.

Also I've seen the recent 2 live action movies, and I don't know how unpopular this opinion is, but I liked the first 2014 movies, though I will say I liked the sequel Out Of The Shadows more. Yeah maybe these movies aren't as loved or popular as the 90s ones (or at least the first 2), but hey I think having fun with the stuff you watch is all that matters.

Annnnnnd I haven't seen Rise of the TMNT yet so I should add that to my long list of shows to watch.

BTW my current avatar is Casey Jones, from the TMNT IDW comics.

I don't know if anybody cares about this since I'll admit I'm really reaching for blog topics.

Last edited:
One Google search later, and I found a new topic for today: Superpowers, and what ones I'd want.

• Spider Powers/Spider Physiology: Spider-Man is my favorite superhero so no surprised I fantasized much about having Spider-like abilities. Plus web-swinging always looks like so much fun be it in Spider-man movies or games.
    The_Amazing_Spider-Man!!.png
    latest.png
    main-qimg-bf4434b35b1daf0bc3134717124a1ab5-pjlq.jpg
    Spider-Verse-Spider-Sense-Movie_jpg.png
  • Electrokinesis/Electricity Manipulation: One of the coolest and most practical powers, useful for combat and charging your devices. I think I like this ones because I've watched Static Shock and played inFamous and inFamous 2 where the main protagonist in those games Cole MacGrath has electricity based powers. Is it any wonder Electric is my favorite type.
    5ypWmuV.jpg
    IMG_0287.PNG
    947348.jpg
  • Hydrokinesis/Water Manipulation/Waterbending: Thinking about it now water might be the most powerful element of the 4 classical elements simply because water is everywhere and in everything. The amount of stuff you can do with it is incredible.
    860d8a890c1a9181e7abaeac62cfd28a.gif
    3d81996663ea50239cd896c9be8722c6.gif
    1 jAjcFVZrQySV4mrL7pqjsQ.gif
    f0911ae58f6689131e4fd2fc8d0d0172b76d0fbb_hq.gif

Last edited:
Web swingling would be a nightmare for me as I'm not a fan of bungee jumping and all that stuff. It would be nice to do parkour and jump above buildings and not worry about being hurt though.

Hydrokinesis I agree it's underrated and would be fun to use.

Web swingling would be a nightmare for me as I'm not a fan of bungee jumping and all that stuff. It would be nice to do parkour and jump above buildings and not worry about being hurt though.
That reminds me, I forgot to mention I'm actually afraid of heights in real life, I'd just imagine it being fun if that fear wasn't there. :p

You know humans, we can be amazing, we can put ourselves on the moon, create amazing pieces of art, overcome the elements themselves, and climb unthinkable heights and yet sometimes humans are honestly really really crappy and I think I'm being extremely lenient, I am putting it very mildly in just saying crappy because there are many stronger ways I could describe humanity at its lowest.

This song I've been listening to every day from Starset, a band I've recently discovered sums up how I've been feeling about the nasty side of humanity and the world especially since 2020.

We are all human beings, all this violence and hatred is simply not needed. I'm so sick of all of it.

I hope one of these days we can all be truly united.

I do want to say thank you to all the people in my life who bring me happiness, especially all of you that I've befriended, spoken to and follow on these forums you people keep me sane in world that honestly test my faith one too many times. :)

You know, as depressed as I can be, life ain't so bad sometimes when you got people by your side.

So yeah, I haven't updated this in days because honestly I wasn't sure what to post about. Truth be told I've been struggling to find blog topics, but ended up with nothing. My biggest worry is coming across as a boring everyman who never has anything interesting to talk about. I think this insecurity came from indirectly being called boring by someone once in high school, words hurt people, so I worry about that from time to time.

^ Seconding that. Also, my advice would be to think of your blog as a place to come to when you have something to write, not something you’re obligated to come up with ideas for. It’s like a journal in that it’s mostly for you, the difference being that a (relatively small) group of people are able to peak in it. Whether or not they respond or connect doesn’t change the validity of what you want to talk about. That’s how I view it at least. Keep doing what you’re doing pal.

So I'm back here. You know I often fear one day due to all the trauma I've endured in life I'm going to one day go insane, maybe not today or tomorrow, but one of these days. Sorta something like this...
Who the fuck knew a slug was my spirit animal the whole time. :LOL:
Not so fun fact when I was in fifth grade I screamed at all my classmates on 2 separate occasions both at lunch for treating me like shit. Oh but I'm older now I should be over that right? WRONG! Gotta love those geniuses out there that say "Just get over it!" "It was a long time ago!" as if bullying is some you just get over. Sidenote: teachers didn't do shit to help and one time one of my teachers had the nerve to get mad at me for "disrupting class" when I was rightly offended at the other students picking on me. Fuck school! I would tell a therapist this stuff, but we can't afford shit right now and need to focus on bills and groceries.

I have a bit of a confession to make, I've for a pretty long while now been suffering burnout from video games. I haven't played any or bought any in like forever. It's weird I don't know why I'm like this now. It's not like I don't like video games anymore, I mean there is some interest still there, I watch let's plays, I search information on games all the time. Perhaps it the money problems we have and/or I'm feeling overwhelmed by how many games there are. I swear the next time I touch a gamepad it's going to feel so different almost like my first time it'll feel so alien. I think I spoiled every game I've been wanting on Youtube simply because I end up being "Eh, I won't be getting it anytime sooner no way, might as well just see it now." For the record I don't mind spoiling things for myself typically because it rarely ever takes away or ruins the experience for me, but the fact that I'm doing it with video games now shows how nonchalant I've grown to be about them. I just hate how much life has changed and felt these last few years, I can't enjoy things the same way anymore.

I'm an idiot and posted this in my other blog before. :bulbaFacepalm:

Okay random blog post because I don't really know what the hell else to do here right now.

So I thought I'd take a lazy approach and repost something from another thread and pretend to be original, sounds good? Great.

Favorite candies, all of which are chocolate.

And now you get to see all the stuff partly responsible for giving me that cavity, plus hey October, candy, this is still somewhat relative.

• Hershey's (No shocker there)
  • Reese's peanut butter cups
  • Crunch
  • MilkyWay
  • Snickers
  • Ferrero Rocher fine hazelnut chocolates (Oh, fancy!)
  • Twix (My top favorite)

Yesterday I saw The Simpsons latest Treehouse of Horror that came out this year, Treehouse of Horror XXXIII. This isn't really a review, that would require too much effort, these are just very brief thoughts is all.
caea69c2_c5c1_4cd0_919c_cead366450a7.jpeg.jpg

All three segments "The Pookadook", "Death Tome" and "Simpsonsworld" are all parodies of "The Babadook", "Death Note" and "Westworld" respectively, and I'll be 100% honest in saying I've never really seen any of these, but in spite of this I enjoyed this episode immensely. As someone who has not seen a new Simpsons episode in a while, but been hearing good things about the recent season I can't complain about the results of this one even if like all Treehouse of Horrors it's non-canon, but really canonicity with The Simpsons can be a bit weird, but I digress.

"The Pookadook" is disturbing with Marge getting possessed, but Maggie as always proves to be the most badass Simpson.

"Death Tome" was a fun parody of an anime and manga that again I never experienced and have no real knowledge of beyond the most basic premise and yet this was a good time starring Lisa plus according to TVTropes this segment was done by the original animators of Death Note, so cool. Always great to see the Simpsons briefly shift to another art style.

"Simpsonsworld" was a fun and crazy meta segment filled with references like the Monorail episode and Makeup gun Lisa is shown wielding that can both be seen in the poster above. Also the ending is kinda nuts, that's all I can say without saying too much, I would just recommend seeing it yourself.

Incidentally I also had fun rewatching a few other Treehouse of Horror Simpson episodes, the XY episode XY082 A Festival Trade! A Festival Farewell?, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, King of the Hill, The Fairly OddParents, and Big City Greens and their Halloween episodes, so yeah, that's that. Good day!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom